Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fetzie » Fri May 31, 2013 9:38 am

We need better gear on the JP vendors. JP are totally useless. Put the 476, 496 stuff on the JP vendor for the current VP price, halve the price of the 522 stuff and reduce the rep requirements to neutral/friendly/honored.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Flex » Fri May 31, 2013 9:39 am

JP will remain useless until the end of the expansion when they redo everything for the next expansion.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 am

Unrelated question:

Has anyone tried using the Resto Druid Treants? (Other than for taunting stuff :lol: )

I don't use my druid at all anymore (except for the farm and picking flowers), but a friend was going to start healing with hers so I was putting my UI back together as an example for her.

Messing around with it:
- My druid has ~22k spellpower, geared as Moonkin so tons of haste and not much spirit.
- The Treants cast Healing Touch 7 times each, for about 11-12k a cast.
- The "Swiftmend" when the Treant was summoned did ... *drumroll* ... 4k. The ticks from the "Swiftmend circle" were doing about 800.

Now, a mana-less 80k "mini Healing Stream Totem" every 20 seconds isn't awful by any stretch, but the Swiftmend part of it seems pretty pointless, and it could be somewhat bad if DPS stop casting for a second to move into the "fake" healing circle thinking it's a real Swiftmend circle. Is that intended to be that small?

(As an aside, I could certainly cast a Resto Treant with an enemy targeted - it cast the "fake swiftmend" on myself when I did that.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby benebarba » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:11 am

Lei Shen is supposed to soon have a guaranteed titan runestone drop:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9245914621#16
benebarba

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:05 am

Yea, on Tuesday.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:34 pm

5.4 thread started!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Since everyone has marked me as the resident crybaby skyisfalling huntard scum here (did I get it all? really guys, you can lay off the insults already)

Classes
Hunter
General
[Requires a realm restart] Arcane Shot now deals 10% more damage.
[Requires a realm restart] Cobra Shot now deals 10% more damage.
[Requires a realm restart] Hunter Pets summoned by Stampede now only use auto-attacks against their target.
[Requires a realm restart] Steady Shot now deals 10% more damage.
Talents
[Requires a realm restart] Blink Strikes now increases pet basic damage by 40% (down from 50%). The teleportation effect now has a 10-yard minimum range, and cannot happen more than once every 20 seconds.

Hell, I don't know if this is a buff or a nerf... and the guys at EJ are too busy doing haste statistical analysis to figure it out.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:58 pm

halabar wrote:Since everyone has marked me as the resident crybaby skyisfalling huntard scum here (did I get it all? really guys, you can lay off the insults already)

Insults should never be taken seriously from me. There's no venom behind my words.
Chunes

Postby Amirya » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Wait, you're a hunter?

When the hell did this happen?!

:P
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Promdates » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:03 pm

halabar wrote:Sand the guys at EJ are too busy doing haste statistical analysis to figure it out.

Actually right now we're thinking that Boe tripped over a cord and broke the site. It's been down for a while. The server is up, but no one's home apparently.
Promdates

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Promdates wrote:
halabar wrote:Sand the guys at EJ are too busy doing haste statistical analysis to figure it out.

Actually right now we're thinking that Boe tripped over a cord and broke the site. It's been down for a while. The server is up, but no one's home apparently.

Yeah, noticed that.. but even before that, far too much twirling around RPMM and haste in theoretical situations..

halabar

Postby bldavis » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Chunes wrote:
halabar wrote:Since everyone has marked me as the resident crybaby skyisfalling huntard scum here (did I get it all? really guys, you can lay off the insults already)

Insults should never be taken seriously from me. There's no venom behind my words.

same with mine...on here anyway :)
through vent or realid, you should be able to tell when i mean them

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Some early napkin math is in, and with the reverted damage change to Blink, it's probably a wash, and a boost for SV and MM. MM does get closer to that Arcane spam rotation again, but whatever..

Also wondering if that Arcane spam MM rotation might work on Tortos where we are having problems, since pets are doing too much target switching... I know I'm loosing a lot of dps there.

halabar

Postby Nooska » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:14 am

halabar wrote:
Promdates wrote:

Yeah, noticed that.. but even before that, far too much twirling around RPMM and haste in theoretical situations..

There was a reaosn I stopped (apart from not actually playing, I imagine I would start up again soon).

As for the hotfixes, clear buff to AS and CoS, slight nerf to stampede (off the top of my head, I don't believe they evr cast basic attacks, so its just the buff/debuffs that goe poof - pvp nerf prolly, unintended consequence).
BS is a nerf - which is think is weird - yes BS was the go to choice for the damage, because the other 2 talents were sucky for pve. The teleportation thing a reaction to pvp, not being able to get rid of a pet, but possibly a severe QoL nerf to pve - I'd take it however. Now BS has just been stright up nerfed and become passive (compare to the active before) - less damage bonus, andyou have no control over when the pet teleports - My judgement, kneejerk reaction to try and sort out the now most useful talent being picked too much combined with unintended consequences for pvp (which rightly should be fixed) - end result; "meh" - and a clear buff to anyone not using BS.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Promdates » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:58 am

halabar wrote:Some early napkin math is in, and with the reverted damage change to Blink, it's probably a wash, and a boost for SV and MM. MM does get closer to that Arcane spam rotation again, but whatever..

Also wondering if that Arcane spam MM rotation might work on Tortos where we are having problems, since pets are doing too much target switching... I know I'm loosing a lot of dps there.

Are you not able to just set a pet on a target and forget it? CAN YOU NOT RON POPEIL IT?! (Set it and Forget it!)
Promdates

PreviousNext

Return to General