Remove Advertisements

Help with BiS list

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Help with BiS list

Postby Kalimaa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:36 am

Hi

I have been asked by my guild to provide a BiS list for myself to help in loot distribution. The problem is that I have never done such a thing before. I have tried to compile one with the help from this site and askmrrobot (the list of usable items) and would like your opinion on what I have overlooked (because there will be something :) ). We raid 10m and since thunderforged is a coinflop then I have omitted that. My assumption is that the 2 piece tier bonus is usable. The draft is as follows:

Weapon: don't really have a clue here
Shield: Greatshield of the Gloaming
Helmet: Lightning Emperor's Faceguard
Neck: Striker’s Battletags
Shoulders: Lightning Emperor's Shoulderguard
Cloak: Spikeshard Greatcloak
Chest: Lightning Emperor's Battleplate
Bracer: Frozen Warlord's Bracers
Hands: Pathogenic Gauntlets
Belt: Cloudbreaker greatbelt
Legs: Legplates of the dark parasite
Boots: Haunted steel treads
Ring: Band of the Scaled Tyrant
Ring: Durumus Severed Tentacle
Trinket: Soul Barrier
Trinket: Don't know whether or not I should continue running with two stamina trinkets or go for something else

All help is much appreciated, thanks in advance
Last edited by Kalimaa on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalimaa

Re: Help with BiS list

Postby Gab » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:18 am

That's pretty close to what mine looks like if you take out thunderforged/heroic.

The only difference being the neck. While the Valor neck is, imo, perfectly itemized you miss out on the socket that you'd be getting with either the trash drop Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Vanquisher or the Twins' Moonjade Necklace.

You'll get a little less haste (~50 after reforging and gemming) but quite a bit more total secondaries (~350) and in the case of the Moonjade 90 extra stam in addtion to more overall secondaries.

The difference is pretty small though so not a big deal either way.

As far as trinkets go, Spark of the Zandalar is what I've got as my 2nd trinket. I've found that with the heroics we've done I have plenty of stamina but there's always room for more DPS.

Edit: It's quite possible, depending on your hit/expertise situation, that the socketed necks will net you more haste through reforging of other gear.

Edit 2: Also the back, the Hit/Mastery Horn-Rimmed Greatcloack off of Horridon is slightly better choice.
Gab

Postby Darrak » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm

i'd put haste bracers from durumu there... Caustic Spike Bracers
Darrak

Postby Kalimaa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Yes the Durumu bracers was on my list, but when I read it was a random enchantment I removed them again. I will add those to my list and take the other advices on as well.
Kalimaa

Postby Rhagen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:22 am

Im currently using Spark of Zandalar and VP trinket for my trinkets, will be getting Heroic Ji-kun feather as soon as it drops which is the best one for Haste spec, you can use a Stamina trinket if you want but i think its better with either Dual stamina trinkets or 2 others as im doing.
Rhagen

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice