The big new unannounced feature in 5.4

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The big new unannounced feature in 5.4

Postby benebarba » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:26 pm

where did they say that? I mean, I don't follow everything the devs say, nor all the blogs... but that seems like a pretty big admission.
benebarba

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 pm

If I remember correctly it was in one of the many pre-patch interviews that the Barrens events were not part of the original plan for the patch at the initial expansion roadmap and were added in after 5.2 to help flesh out some things for future patches.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:30 pm

The barrens is what I have been asking for. I can satisfy my need for extra valor and lesser charms in one day on the weekend rather than having to grind dailies during the week. When I team up my prot pally with my wife's chain-lightning-bot Ele Shaman, it all goes quite quickly.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Could it possibly be access to cross-region servers without the need for a second account? They've been doing it in Diablo 3 for a year now and the new desktop chat app looks like you can chat cross-region to battle.net/RealID friends.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Fetzie wrote:Could it possibly be access to cross-region servers without the need for a second account? They've been doing it in Diablo 3 for a year now and the new desktop chat app looks like you can chat cross-region to battle.net/RealID friends.

I don't even think this is possible due to regional restrictions. The game isn't marketed to the same audience worldwide (i.e., ratings, some in game content, etc.). It's less a coding issue (although it is one at that) and more a "different countries have different regulations".
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:18 am

Actual feature announced here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10175200
Winkle

Previous

Return to General