Prot 4pc or 2 pc with ret chest and offset dps

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Prot 4pc or 2 pc with ret chest and offset dps

Postby Drunknforsetti » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 pm

I am in this discussion with another prot pally he swears up and down that using the 4pc is overall better, yet alot of other pallies i have looked at use 2pc, ret chest, offset gloves and pants. I cant find any "solid" info on which to use. Personally i dont like the 4 set i just like to get my facts straight before i say things
Drunknforsetti

Re: Prot 4pc or 2 pc with ret chest and offset dps

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:17 am

Making it short, the 4pc only shows its value if you are taking very high damage, which only happens in 25 hc. Not worth it in other raid sizes / difficultyes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thels » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:30 am

It's hard to say, and the case depends on player by player.

Obviously, the bonus does have some value (free HP = free Survivability + Damage), so the question really is, does your off-spec gear have enough additional/better stats to outweigh the set bonus?

This of course depends on your off-spec gear, but also if you're raiding 10 or 25 and normal or HC (25 and/or HC should lead to more HP income), as well as your HP strategy. Do you press SotR the moment you hit 5 HP, or do you bank it until a HP generator comes off CD. In the latter case, you might lose out on some of the free HP, but arguably, that's when you don't really need it anyhow.

I thought Theck was sorting something out about it. For example, there was some gear tracked to see how much stats you would gain exactly by foregoing the 4 piece bonus. Haven't heard from it since.

See the comments in http://www.sacredduty.net/2013/04/09/st ... up-longer/ for a little more info.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 am

Another thing to consider is your playstyle and how you gear for that.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Drunknforsetti » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 am

thanks for the replys guys ^_^ and little more info is i am raiding 10hc and yeah ive also thought it goes alot into person playstyle/preference just wasnt sure if there was something i was missing or not
heres my Armory link if anyone was curious:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... i/advanced
Drunknforsetti

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:43 am

I'm personally forgoing prot tier pieces in my 10H group and allowing the dps/healers to get it as I find the TF haste stuff better. I'll probably just pick it up as an offset later on.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice