Remove Advertisements

The big new unannounced feature in 5.4

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The big new unannounced feature in 5.4

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:52 am

benebarba wrote:
halabar wrote:GC tweeted about it a few times yesterday, trying to corral the runaway speculation train... he shoulda done that long ago, or kept his mouth shut. :D Now it seems like he's not gonna say which feature is the "unannounced one" once 5.4 does hit the PTR.. :lol:

I'm amazed they let it go this long... seriously, PR folks spend a lot of time managing hype so as to not get a widespread 'meh' when you inevitably fail to impress. I suspect whatever it is will elicit a 'oh neat' at best. :P

Or even better instead of an 'oh neat'...

'about time'

lol.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:18 am

The only thing that would literally blow my mind to infinity with delight would be cross-faction/cross-realm RealID grouping.

Highly doubt that's in the cards though.
Chunes

Postby benebarba » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:23 am

heh if we took it further the 2-faction system being gone would certainly blow my mind(personally I feel this 'simple' thing prevents a lot of interesting development lore and gameplay-wise). That'll probably happen shortly after we get a PVE endgame that doesn't solely revolve around raiding though, and definitely after GC gives us a moose :P
benebarba

Postby cdan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 am

What would blow my mind is being able to transfer an account across regions. I've moved me, my wife, three kids, a container of furniture, numerous household accoutrements, a bit of money and a whole lot of books across the Atlantic, but apparently it is impossible to migrate a tiny bit of electronic data from a Blizzard server in Europe to one in the USofA.
cdan

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:26 am

I still want an iOS app for stuff like fishing, perhaps crafting, and other basic functions.

Would love to be able to buy ore off the AH, prospect it, craft/shard, and then list stuff back on the AH, all from a mobile app. All the stuff my crafting alts do.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Given that they are now having a sale on character services, I would not be surprised if it was a grab at some money for realm transfers before they implement cross-server mailing of BoA gear.

Then there's this idea: Horde and alliance fight cooperatively to overthrow Garrosh, King Wrynn dies in the battle, and Thrall returns to unite the factions into one: The People of Azeroth. Now you can join with your previously Horde or Alliance buddies for instances and raids.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Koatanga wrote:Given that they are now having a sale on character services, I would not be surprised if it was a grab at some money for realm transfers before they implement cross-server mailing of BoA gear.

Then there's this idea: Horde and alliance fight cooperatively to overthrow Garrosh, King Wrynn dies in the battle, and Thrall returns to unite the factions into one: The People of Azeroth. Now you can join with your previously Horde or Alliance buddies for instances and raids.

This kind of change would easily keep me playing this game.

As it is, I have 1 good buddy I play horde side with, while much of my old guild has since rerolled alliance on some other server. If I could xrealm/xfaction party with them, holy shit the possibilities...
Chunes

Postby benebarba » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Koatanga wrote:

oh man, the rage that scenario would generate in the community would probably make the servers hosting the official forums burst into flames.
benebarba

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:52 pm

benebarba wrote:
Koatanga wrote:

oh man, the rage that scenario would generate in the community would probably make the servers hosting the official forums burst into flames.

Would it? Does anyone care about the horde/alliance conflict anymore?
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Look at all the retards complaining about the titles for the Barrens stuff. There's your answer to that question.
Teranoid

Postby econ21 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:26 am

GC dampening down the speculation about the unannounced feature suggests to me that it is not scaling old raids but something smaller and more "quality of life". Being able to play all old raids at an appropriate level of challenge at the end game would be a massive innovation, so wouldn't require lowering expectations. I do think they could and should do it, at some stage (currently, it just seems such a waste of awesome content), but it sounds like it won't be just now.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 am

Still my money on mentoring.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:04 am

Doubt it with what GC's been saying lately. He's implied that if they don't tell us what the feature is we won't actually be able to guess which one it is.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:06 am

Pet battles raid. You heard it here first.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:41 am

Worldie wrote:Pet battles raid. You heard it here first.

I could honestly see that happening...is that scary?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General