Remove Advertisements

Old Burning Crusade Guides

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:17 am

Fenrìr wrote:I don't really recall ever having mana issues back in TBC to ever warrant Benediction.

Really? While I don't remember if I took that specific talent, I *do* remember carrying stacks and stacks of mana injectors and even that nether storm stuff just to keep my mana up with no downtime.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:25 am

The things I remember with the whole mana and Benediction argument was 'If you're having mana issues, tank more things."
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:44 am

I do recall some mana issues from time to time, especially when offtanking, as we didn't get much damage. The alternative is Blessing of Might, which was likely provided by one of the other paladins. Blessing division:

Blessing of Salvation/Sanctuary - Protection Paladin 1.
Blessing of Wisdom - Holy Paladin 1.
Blessing of Kings - Holy Paladin 2 or Protection Paladin 2.
Blessing of Might - Retribution Paladin or Holy Paladin 2/3.

Devotion provided quite a bit of armor, but again, was likely to be provided by a Holy Paladin as well.

I'm a little confused, though. Wasn't there an aura talent that increased healing received? I recall that our tank party back in the day consisted of 2 warrior tanks (Commanding Shout, Battle Shout), 1 paladin tank (That aura that increased healing received), 1 holy paladin (Devotion Aura) and 1 Warlock (Imp). Of course, alternatively, you could have the paladin tank run Devotion Aura and replace the holy paladin with a resto druid.

I think I had something along the lines of this, but I'm not sure. I thought I had Improved Seal of the Crusader in there somehow.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:56 am

Barathorn wrote:Which guide was it Thels, I have most of them archived? Zoe's Guide to being a Tankadin?

That's the one, I think. I no longer have that one, I'm afraid. If you still have it, it would be awesome if you could send it to me!
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Lyoness » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 am

Thels wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Which guide was it Thels, I have most of them archived? Zoe's Guide to being a Tankadin?

That's the one, I think. I no longer have that one, I'm afraid. If you still have it, it would be awesome if you could send it to me!

Found Zoe's Guide to Building your Tankadin. Is that the one you're looking for?

Though another talent calculator (PoJ just 2/2 instead of 3/3) is used, this new guide also looks quite useful.
I don't recall, what exactly talent trees looked like in 2.4.3.

EDIT: As per game client 2.4.3's PoJ is (3/3)
Last edited by Lyoness on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyoness

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 am

Yes, that's it, or at least, the first part of it, and the blue response that it was stickied. There were a lot more posts that made up the guide.

And that could be it. I didn't stick around to the very end of TBC (was hacked, then the GMs left my account frozen for like ages, and I decided that it was nice to step away from WoW for a while. :P), so perhaps I was used to an earlier talent build.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Lyoness » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:54 am

Thels wrote:Yes, that's it, or at least, the first part of it, and the blue response that it was stickied. There were a lot more posts that made up the guide.

Internet Archive FTW!
-> Zoe's archived thread
Lyoness

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:19 am

Hmm, nice to read that all back. I forgot I did all that stuff for talents and what not...

Though it doesn't seem to be the latest version. I included a big list about gear and what not...

EDIT: And those were on page 2. Nice find!
ImageImage
Thels

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents