Where will your toons rest?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Where will your toons rest?

Postby Arnock » Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 pm

Deadmines, my fondest memories of wow come from there.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Koatanga » Thu May 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Funny you mention that. When my wife and I just started playing we raised a couple of night elves (druid and rogue) and while questing we stumbled upon this swirly portal thing. We went inside and had a go at it, but man they were difficult things to kill. Made our way to this big ogre, but we couldn't quite kill him no matter how hard we tried.

Keep in mind this was in vanilla and we were kitted out in whites and greens - no BoA back then, and we barely knew what stats were good for us. Complete noobs. Fun times.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby bldavis » Thu May 30, 2013 9:52 pm

i figured this is fitting...i miss the original VC
Welcome to the Deadmines

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri May 31, 2013 12:44 am

If I was quitting the game I don't think I'd really give a damn how and where my characters were left.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Zobel » Fri May 31, 2013 8:10 am

When I cared, the top of the Violet Citadel. Seemed quiet and contemplative.

When I no longer cared, I can't remember.
Zobel

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 am

I parked them all in Nagrand on the island above Nesingwary's. They are all chilling around the tree. I will never forget the first time I rode into Nagrand and saw the floating bits of land. It spurred me on to get my flying mount so that I could check them out, and I always just sort of enjoyed that little island.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Shoju wrote:I parked them all in Nagrand on the island above Nesingwary's. They are all chilling around the tree. I will never forget the first time I rode into Nagrand and saw the floating bits of land. It spurred me on to get my flying mount so that I could check them out, and I always just sort of enjoyed that little island.

and all your gbank belong to me *cue maniacal evil laughter* :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:29 am

I almost didn't own my toons anymore. I've had multiple offers on my account from people I know / work with. A childhood friend came closest to buying it, offering 400 for it.

I just can't bring myself to part with it, even to a friend. I did give my second account (RAF) to the guy I RAF'd with, but I didn't give to shits for that account.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:12 am

Like this:

Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:53 am

I now wish I had done something similar. I think my Paladin was just on a rooftop somewhere in Stormwind, while, like Nika, my favourite memories were from Wrath. I really did love Dalaran, too. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby amh » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:34 am

I retired my paladin on a Stormwind rooftop, accompanied by a couple of other plagued protodrakes. It was a nice little moment.

I expect the rest of my characters were left wherever I could be bothered to log out.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 am

With all this talk of retired characters, I dropped in on my character's armoury profile. Seems she's long since become an anonymous ghostlike shadow. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Baelor » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:30 am

I quit after I conquered the Lich King a few times in Wrath.

Cathmor was logged out for the last time sitting on his paladin mount, in his faux-T6 (arena) gear and Sulfuras on his back, on the steps of Stormwind Cathedral. I like to think that he retired into service in the Cathedral and was killed during Deathwing's attack on Stormwind at the onset of Cataclysm.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 am

Baelor is alive :O
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 am

I honestly have no idea where my characters are logged out. If I had to take a guess Dorvan is most likely in Stormwind somewhere.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General