Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Fri May 24, 2013 8:07 am

last week in our first week raiding together after the guild merger, we downed horridon and jin'rohk the first night, and got council down on saturday ending with 3 or 4 pulls on tortos to finish off the week of 6 hrs of raiding

this week, 2 1/2 hours and we have reached the same point, straight to tortos for saturday!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Sat May 25, 2013 9:37 am

Monk ding'd 90 today, already done Throne of Thunder LFR. And I got the healer trinket from Horridon! xD
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby bldavis » Sat May 25, 2013 9:40 am

GOOD GOD! i mean..um...gratz!

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Sat May 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Full normal clear of Throne today in just under three hours. Good thing too since tomorrow's raid was almost assuredly cancelled. After three weeks of normal cleares, we're moving on to heroics next week.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat May 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Full normal clear of Throne today in just under three hours. Good thing too since tomorrow's raid was almost assuredly cancelled. After three weeks of normal cleares, we're moving on to heroics next week.

gratz and GL in heroics!

bldavis

Postby Chunes » Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 am

Me as a conquest-geared DK and my quest-blue-geared monk tank friend duo'ed ICC25 through saurfang. The funny thing is that for some of the fights, it was actually easier once he died and I just had to solo stuff.

Marrowgar is not doable unless you're a goblin or worgen solo as DK from what I hear, so it was nice to have him around to break spikes on me, 2nd boss stops MC'ing me when I'm the only one alive, so it's just a matter of killing the caster adds before they put that damn curse up. Gunship is fucking hard even duo, but we managed to get it done on the last attempt, then bolstered by our newfound confidence we went up and 1shot saurfang.

Fun times.
Chunes

Postby Worldie » Tue May 28, 2013 10:51 am

Uhm? I can solo marrowgar 25 and the lady on my priest, not sure how you can have troubles with them.

Hint: you don't get MCd if you are alone (no pets!) and you also dont get impaled if you eat the cleave on marrowgar.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chunes » Tue May 28, 2013 10:58 am

well thanks worldie for making me feel like a really skilled player...

I was having a tough time brute forcing past the cleave damage but if things are as you say, then that's something a little use of conversion can fix. I'll have to give it a shot this week unless we decide to extend the lockout.
Chunes

Postby halabar » Tue May 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Ground out 2/3 of a level in Twin Peaks, along the way getting 2500 honor, and 7 of the Darkmoon quest items. Lock should be hitting 90 with 4000 Justice and 4000 honor if the success continues. Seems that BGs still might be better for leveling than pet battles, esp when factoring in the honor and the darkmoon items.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Tue May 28, 2013 3:21 pm

What spec you doing on the lock in bg's?

Affliction is fucking STRONK these days.
Chunes

Postby halabar » Tue May 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Chunes wrote:What spec you doing on the lock in bg's?

Affliction is fucking STRONK these days.

Destro has been working better for me due to the burst. With Affli, it's the same problem I had on the spriest, the other player is either dead or I am before the dots are done ticking. If I get a chance were I can actually dot more, then I might go back to Affli. I'll probably bounce between those 2 for raiding as well.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Tue May 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Hpal 2's partner and I went up against 2x aff lock team and holy shit...

Fear, blood horror, fear, more blood horror, drain life, fear, blood horror, blood horror, blood horror, FUCKING BLOOD HORROR.

Meanwhile I can't get dispells because unstable afflic hits like a fucking meteor.

Hilarious comp is hilarious...

I'm sure there's comps that stomp the shit out of 2x afflic, but it sure ain't hpal/FDK.
Chunes

Postby Worldie » Tue May 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Chunes wrote:well thanks worldie for making me feel like a really skilled player...

I was having a tough time brute forcing past the cleave damage but if things are as you say, then that's something a little use of conversion can fix. I'll have to give it a shot this week unless we decide to extend the lockout.

Depends on your class. Priest can heal, but I suppose on a class that can't heal it's a fairly hard DPS check.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Xfighter » Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 am

Finally after 123ish pulls of H:Tortos we got it down for 5/13H. Hopefully Meg/Council/Twins take much less than that for everyone to "learn", considering most other heroics haven't taken nearly as long.
Xfighter

Postby Winkle » Wed May 29, 2013 1:53 am

Council doesn't take long to learn but losing people constantly to frostbite gets a bit tiresome.
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to General