[10H] Council of Elders

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Council of Elders

Postby Rokh » Wed May 15, 2013 10:27 pm

This fight.... man.... really shows you who in your guild is a derp.

Have most of the heroics on farm, only ones not down yet are this, twins, and lei shen.

4 nights on this, cant get past frost king.. not even kidding... 100+ attemps and we cant even get past 2 frostbites.
Rokh

Postby Schroom » Wed May 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Riemu wrote:
a) how do you handle the Frigid Stacks without people getting killed/critted during? Or doesn't he melee while he builds stacks? We have Holy P / Fury Warri available for ping-pong

oh he does melee. The player who taunts has to be at max range, use a speedbuff or something, kite him for a couple of seconds. same with the second player before the tank taunts back again. As long as the boss is out of meleerange he can't hit you.

that's why I don't like this strategy. To risky and I don't see the benefit. Tanks do as much, if not more DPS here than some real DPS players.

I save all my offensive cooldowns for Marli when she gets possessed and joins the meleecamp as we want her out of possession asap. so me and my tankpartner are usually Number one DPS on Marli.

Riemu wrote:
b) how do you handle the healing add on mar-li or mar-li in general? You just build some ranged aggro on her and then just let her cast while you tank the other stuff far away?

on the pull I go for her immediately and drag her next to the stairs (where you continue to Tortos after the fight) being a pally tank I interrupt the first cast with my Shield. which makes it so much easier to drag her over as you still got your regular interupt if needed for the seond cast. While dragging her I build some threat until she's in position. (about 4-6 seconds). then I sprint to the meleecamp (which is about where Garajal floats before the start of the fight.) taunt Sul off of the other tank until he gets his stacks from Malakk. Marli continues to cast on me the whole time. It's a little bit of a pain when I taunt Malakk and get my frostbites while Marli is casting on me. I keep my GoAk for this, ask for painsup/Sac.

as the first round of possessions is fix and Marli is the second Boss to be possessed we wait until we killed the second healing Loa ghost and then interrupt Marli until she reaches me. Usually if the timing is right, she gets possessed right that moment. again we wait for the second time she makes those dark copies, after which the tank who is tanking Sul at that moment drags him out to the former position of Marli (and we move our meleecamp there).

that's about as far as we got yet after about 50 pulls.

Riemu wrote:Is solo tanking that much more viable then two tanking?

I would only recommend it if you have a druid tank.
Schroom

Postby Bellanka » Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 am

Riemu wrote:Hey Guys!

I have two questions regarding solo tanking

a) how do you handle the Frigid Stacks without people getting killed/critted during? Or doesnt he melee while he builds stacks? We have Holy P / Fury Warri available for ping-pong

b) how do you handle the healing add on mar-li or mar-li in general? You just build some ranged aggro on her and then just let her cast while you tank the other stuff far away?

Is solo tanking that much more viable then two tanking?

Re: Mar'li

I use a macro that targets her specifically with Judgment, since it's not directionally dependent on cast. Should be enough to keep her on you the whole time.

As for her add: Shadow Priest with Void Tendrils is a lifesaver there. If no Shadow Priest, check what stuns you have available and how fast it dies.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Grommash » Thu May 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Rokh wrote:This fight.... man.... really shows you who in your guild is a derp.

Have most of the heroics on farm, only ones not down yet are this, twins, and lei shen.

4 nights on this, cant get past frost king.. not even kidding... 100+ attemps and we cant even get past 2 frostbites.

You did Heroic Animus before Council? Wow.

Call out 5 seconds before a frost bite goes out for your range to be watching their head. You have a GCD to react and on some classes you can immune it. If frostbites are that much of a problem for your guild I would pile mass defensive CDs into the first one and just let the second frost bite die. If you push Marli through her second empowerment right as a frost bite goes out you shouldn't have to deal with another empowered frost bite as you will have 30 seconds to finish Malakk off. Regardless if it happens or not you can easily 9 man the encounter from that point on.
Grommash

Postby Schroom » Thu May 16, 2013 11:13 pm

our main problem atm is that either malak or marli overpowers and kills us :(

well the rest of the mechanics work atm so it is only a queston of the right DPS distribution. (using the second pot on marli already FYI)
Schroom

Postby Grommash » Fri May 17, 2013 12:43 am

What do you mean by overpower? Full power? And you mean the first Malkk and Marli empower?

If those are problems you just need to shift more DPS to them while you're doing as much damage to Sul as possible. Them going full power really isn't that bad and you can likely use devotion for them. I think it's been stated here a few times but a good goal to get Sul is 20% or lower before the first Kazra'jin empower. Any higher and you're going to get full power on Kazra'jin which isn't an ideal situation.

For reference we bring two melee who interrupt Sul along with the tank full time. The melee (feral/retribution) pretty much full tunnel Sul the entire time while our range double dot and cleave to everything else (including Sul). We just watch full power and if it looks like a particular power is really far behind you just have your DPS stop on Sul or whatever and start DPSing the empowered add. Ideally you don't want dark power to reach 90 and have 15-20% to go. 5% or so is a relatively easy burn that can be done in less than 10 seconds with focused DPS.
Grommash

Postby Schroom » Fri May 17, 2013 4:58 am

For reference we bring two melee who interrupt Sul along with the tank full time. The melee (feral/retribution) pretty much full tunnel Sul the entire time while our range double dot and cleave to everything else (including Sul). We just watch full power and if it looks like a particular power is really far behind you just have your DPS stop on Sul or whatever and start DPSing the empowered add

that's about the same we do. nonetheless, malak or marli go to 100% with 8 or more percent to go and yeah at the ebginning it doesnßt hurt that much, but after a while and after to devotion auras that ran out it is just a Raidwide onehit. so as I said is is really only a thing of DPS distribution and targetswitching at the right time.

(iE getting marli to the camp just before she gets possessed and not 30 seconds later, although some of our rangeDPS are complaining that they interrupt her but she doesn't move...)
Schroom

Postby Grommash » Fri May 17, 2013 1:24 pm

They are probably interrupting her when she is still not empowered. Remember she casts from a holy school normally and a shadow school when empowered. You have to wait until she's empowered to interrupt her, or simply move Malakk/Sul over to her.
Grommash

Postby Bellanka » Tue May 21, 2013 6:52 am

Grommash wrote:They are probably interrupting her when she is still not empowered. Remember she casts from a holy school normally and a shadow school when empowered. You have to wait until she's empowered to interrupt her, or simply move Malakk/Sul over to her.

I'm usually on both Mar'li and Sul. It was far easier for us to move Sul and Malak to Mar'li than vice versa. We don't interrupt Mar'li at all until Sul is dead, and at that point I switch to her. Too many instances where a trigger-happy RDPS interrupts her and she comes running into Sul and Malak to throw out a heal.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Grommash » Tue May 21, 2013 10:46 am

Wish we had your range DPS at times then (not this encounter). Our range DPS are incapable of using interrupts at all, but our melee are fairly pro at doing it consistently and/or on the fly lol.
Grommash

Postby Schroom » Fri May 24, 2013 1:08 am

Bellanka wrote:
I'm usually on both Mar'li and Sul. It was far easier for us to move Sul and Malak to Mar'li than vice versa.

Thanks this helped a lot. Finally downed it yesterday on last attempt after almost 150 trys.

Next up: Mageara HM
Schroom

Postby stevos » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:38 am

Is it better to burst down Sul ASAP or just make sure his dead before he empowers?

On our first few attempts of council we managed to get Sul down very shortly after the first empowered switch. But I am wondering it would be better to hold off or not.
stevos

Postby Paoanii » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:09 am

stevos wrote:Is it better to burst down Sul ASAP or just make sure his dead before he empowers?

On our first few attempts of council we managed to get Sul down very shortly after the first empowered switch. But I am wondering it would be better to hold off or not.

Get him down as fast as you can while still pushing empowers at the proper times (2-5s after hitting 100 energy).
Paoanii

Postby Darielle » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:46 pm

The empowers would continue as Normal because Sul won't be being empowered anyway, so all you get is less interrupting and Quicksand and redicted dps elsewhere. Win-WIn.
Darielle

Postby Grommash » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 am

Quicker you kill Sul the better. As mentioned if you DPS correctly the order should go Malakk > Marli > Kazra-jin > Sul. So if you kill him earlier it shouldn't effect the encounter at all. Makes it a lot easier as you can start treating Malakk like you did with Sul. Which in turn means that you will get 0-1 empowered frost things on his second empower if he's low enough. At that point it's pretty much a kill as long as you don't forget about the adds Marli spawns.

For what its worth we always try and kill Marli last. She almost always ends up getting killed third and Kazra-jin last, but our reasoning is that we don't want to have to burn through Kazra-jin on his third empower when he has a lot of health left.
Grommash

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)