Remove Advertisements

An odd mouseover macro request

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

An odd mouseover macro request

Postby Worldie » Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

So hai guys.

I've been running this macro, but I'm not happy with it.

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Flash Heal
/cast [nomod] Inner Focus
/cast [modifier:alt, target=mouseover] Binding Heal
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] Flash Heal; Flash Heal

What it does:
Cast Inner Focus if I'm not pressing Alt
Cast Flash Heal on myself if no mouseover or mouseover is hostile
Cast Binding Heal on mouseover if I press Alt
Cast Flash Heal on mouseover if I don't press Alt

What I'd want it to do:
Cast Binding Heal if mouseover is friendly and not myself.
Cast Flash Heal on myself if mouseover is enemy, no mouseover, or mouseover is myself

Do you think such thing is doable?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: An odd mouseover macro request

Postby Zalaria » Thu May 23, 2013 12:36 pm

As far as I know there's no way to check for "not myself" in a macro.

You could do this, but it would try to cast Binding Heal on yourself (is that even possible to do?) if you're moused over yourself. The rest is covered, though.

Code: Select all
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Binding Heal; [@player] Flash Heal
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu May 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeh I tried that, sadly if i try to cast binding heal on myself it remains with the pointer of the cast, doesn't just "fail" the cast :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Thu May 23, 2013 5:42 pm

There is actually a way to check for "not myself" (well that said, I haven't tested it this expansion specifically, but it still worked in Cata for sure), but it is more of series of logical tests than a specific test. You can find it in old posts about macros that don't cast BoP on yourself (Hand of Protection for you new peeps). It won't work for mouseover though as it specifically takes advantage of target mechanics like targetlasttarget, targettarget, etc. Plus it takes the majority of the space given for macros.
jere

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros