Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Tue May 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Then you died of dysentery and lost all your experience points.

:lol:
i miss playing oregon trail

halabar wrote:I think they should stick to weapons they can actually lift and swing.. lol

i agree
i love watching someone make a weapon that is actually practical...ie gimli's bearded axe

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm

halabar wrote:The problem with 10E is that you still don't have a lot of room for carrying someone.

Did you not raid 10s in WotLK?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:The problem with 10E is that you still don't have a lot of room for carrying someone.

Yep, and then I had to pug 25s for the "real" loot... >.>

Even with 10s in WoLTK, in the guilds at the time, there were lots of deadwood that had to be carried.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Tue May 21, 2013 12:17 pm

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:

Even with 10s in WoLTK, in the guilds at the time, there were lots of deadwood that had to be carried.

So not a lot of room for players to be carried but you had to carry a lot of players. Got it.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue May 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:

So not a lot of room for players to be carried but you had to carry a lot of players. Got it.

And progression suffered as a result. Yep, got it. Can only tell people so many times to get out of the pools, and which slime to target.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue May 21, 2013 2:12 pm

LFR group I was just in killed Horridon before he even got the 4th door open and managed to kill Jin right before the third statue toss.

One in a million group.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Tue May 21, 2013 2:49 pm

halabar wrote:And progression suffered as a result. Yep, got it. Can only tell people so many times to get out of the pools, and which slime to target.

Social raiding has never really been about progression...
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm

All raiding is about progression, except for the very top end of heroic raiding where progression is pretty much guaranteed and it's about the race.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue May 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:And progression suffered as a result. Yep, got it. Can only tell people so many times to get out of the pools, and which slime to target.

Social raiding has never really been about progression...

If social raiding is not about progression why so many people QQ as soon as a boss can't be facerolled by social guilds?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Tue May 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Is this the part where we start arguing what "social" raiding is versus "casual" raiding versus "real" raiding?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue May 21, 2013 5:33 pm

I believe Blizzard defines "social" and "casual" raiding as the same, even though we know it aint. Though, the big majority of the so called "social guild to raid with friends" goes emo when they can't faceroll a boss within the first week of the launch and blames Blizzard for having made them too hard and not cather casuals enough.

From my understanding from blizzard anyone who isn't in a progress raiding guild is "casual". Doesn't matter if he good or bad, raids with friends or just LFR.

Hell they are convinced LFR is a social tool even though I've never seen something less social than that in WoW.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Tue May 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Worldie wrote:Hell they are convinced LFR is a social tool even though I've never seen something less social than that in WoW.

QFT
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Tue May 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Amirya wrote:
Worldie wrote:Hell they are convinced LFR is a social tool even though I've never seen something less social than that in WoW.

QFT

Well, in LFR people bitch at one another, whereas in LFG not a single word is said the entire time.

So LFR is actually more social.

Demented and sad, but social.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Amirya » Tue May 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Actually, I tend to have more interaction in LFG.

Or maybe I just ignore LFR bitching...

Hmmm...

(I also cannot argue with that logic.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue May 21, 2013 11:38 pm

The loot gods, they are a tease...

So, AFTER I upgrade my 502 Voice of the Quillen, the 502 Drumu xbow drops, which would help, since I'm way over on hit, and can't get rid of it all.

THEN, I do the heroic scenario, and I get the 516 Panderan Xbow of the Stormblast (hit/crit), which at that point, I say screw it and update that xbow. So 1000 total valor blown, but a weapon upgrade. It's not ideal as in it's upgrade form it provides ~710 weapon dps over the upgraded Voice, but is ~26 Agi less (and ~100 more crit). I think that's still an upgrade, even for BM. (I can't check MrRobot or FemaleDwarf yet, as they don't have those weapons listed yet). With either weapon I'm way over the hitcap and can't do a thing about it. I could upgrade the Drumu bow which has no hit, but that would be yet another 500 valor, and that could be better spend on another upgrade.

Now I'm wait for ToT tomorrow night to see if the 522/528 shared boss loot bow drops... :lol:

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General