Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fetzie » Sat May 18, 2013 3:40 am

Yup. 6 items fully upgraded at launch, then another two by the end of the week.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby oldboyz » Sat May 18, 2013 7:21 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, the new prices make it easy to spend. You can fully upgrade two items a week.

or you can more easily spread it on several pieces as you don't know yet what nice drop you'll get

this is my plan for all my toons. once BIS upgraded 2/2, i then all upgrade 1/2 first (4 piece a week), then i will start 2/2

(depending random drop, more chance to delete a piece 1/2, but less chance to sell a 2/2 :wink: )
oldboyz

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat May 18, 2013 7:32 am

I'll upgrade whatever's gonna give me the biggest dps increase. Probably weapons and trinkets, then the other items will probably not have much between them so I'll upgrade my thunderforged.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Sat May 18, 2013 9:05 am

I'm interested to know if they're going to reset valor or not. I know they said they were thinking about it, but nothing to state either way yet.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 am

Hmm.. I like that idea of spreading out the upgrades on the lesser items, less chance of wasting valor on something that gets upgraded immediately afterwards. In my case I also know that I won't see loot from other than the first 3 ToTN bosses for a few weeks, so I'm going to look at the loot tables and first hit the slots that likely won't see a replacement soon.

That means I probably will upgrade my 502 weapon, since I won't see a normal drop except for the chance of a shared-boss drop until at least Tortos or ideally Durumuu. Won't touch trinkets since those come from Jink and Council.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Sat May 18, 2013 9:07 am

Fenrìr wrote:I'm interested to know if they're going to reset valor or not. I know they said they were thinking about it, but nothing to state either way yet.

I would assume not, since this is mid-tier. If they did any reset it would be at the beginning of a new tier.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Sat May 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Fenrìr wrote:I'm interested to know if they're going to reset valor or not. I know they said they were thinking about it, but nothing to state either way yet.

They didn't in 5.1 nor in 5.2, with both the introduction of Item Upgrades in 5.1, and new valor gear in 5.2. So why should they in 5.3?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Sun May 19, 2013 2:58 am

They mentioned they might when they brought back item upgrades.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun May 19, 2013 3:51 am

There's no way it'll happen in 5.3 now, not when that'd mean giving people only two days notice.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Winkle » Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 am

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status ... 2223234048

Going to try Vengeance cap at 30% health (down from 100%) in 10s and 50% of health in 25s. This is a big change, so might be 5.4, not 5.3.
Winkle

Postby Fenrìr » Sun May 19, 2013 10:16 am

I think Theck said somewhere that it's not really that big of a deal. It's a way to curb people from standing in fire to get higher stacks of vengeance or something.

on the topic of VP being reset, I do see your point, Kysen.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun May 19, 2013 10:31 am

If you have ever checked your vengeance values, they never actually reached that much if you are not using some sort of "clever use of game mechanic".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sun May 19, 2013 11:39 am

I've only seen my AP go above 500k twice before now - solo-tanking Lei Shen P3 because the other tank was dead, and solo-tanking the Iron Qon trash.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Darielle » Sun May 19, 2013 2:32 pm

There is something so deliciously ironic about that, seeing as what we were all told (all the tank classes) was that Active Mitigation was where the future was.

It just happens that ours can be really powerful under certain conditions.

?

Aside from, maybe, contriving some odd situation wherey ou need the buff while not being able to attack something, it was pointed out fairly early that ShoR being flat physical reduction makes it a universal bar even when it comes to things we're not supposed to stand in. It wasn't even really surprising when ShoR allowed for "stand in Attenuation lol" and stuff like that.

The problem is really that you have some things which don't really translate nearly as well. Relying on SD for Snapping Bite (which ignores Armour) still leaves a pretty hefty EH requirement on 25H, for example.

If you have ever checked your vengeance values, they never actually reached that much if you are not using some sort of "clever use of game mechanic".

It's msotly the auxiliary abilities that use Vengeance-scaling anyway. ShoR, SB, SD, etc. don't care about AP. Monks MIGHT be hit a bit harder because of their greater reliance on stuff like Guard. And of course, if brushing the cap becomes the norm, DK's pull ahead slightly because Death Strike doesn't actually work off Vengeance - just damage taken.
Darielle

Postby oldboyz » Sun May 19, 2013 4:35 pm

i haven't read any new mounts on 5.3

am i wrong?

hope some more on 5.4 (181 atm...)
oldboyz

PreviousNext

Return to General