Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Darielle » Thu May 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Not to mention the upgrades on the slots people will mostly care to upgrade (weapons, trinkets, etc.) make a big difference on power compared to, say, Necks.
Darielle

Postby Nooska » Fri May 10, 2013 4:43 am

Jabari wrote:
Nooska wrote:This might have been true if BM actually simmed lower than SV/MM, fact is BM has simmed (and performed) as top spec for all of MoP, excluding heavy aoe fights (or trash) where SV could deliver a beat down due to instant SrS damage.

Actually, BM was top for most/all of Cata as well. If any of them deserve a stigma right now it's MM - that didn't just sim the worst of the hunter specs, it was the worst DPS spec for a while among all classes (probably including Holy Priests in Chastise).

BM was marginally on tom fpr T11, after that SV and MM beat them out pretty easily - same situation as in wrath where BM was on top in T7 and then just didn't scale enough ending with MM on the undisputed top.

Tha BM is still simming ahead in the second tier is (appart from TBC's scroll wheel macro) a first - BM usually performs extremely well in th first tier, then falls far behind due to scaling and pet issus - the new way of handling pets from MoP has really changed BM for the better - ironically the devs probably didn't thinkk they ahd fixed the underlying issue which is why BM lept ahead with 5.2, and is getting nerfs now (what was previously needed to just keep BM competitive now throws it ahead of the curve, so they nerf something to try and keep it under control)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 am

Can you give any insight as to why the Cata version of Sacred Shield was removed from Ret? And is it possible it will return?
Honestly, it's because in Cata so many paladins asked for the LK version back. I guess we could alternate every expansion. (Source)

Is it not possible to have the Cata version of Sacred Shield baseline for Ret while also having the talent choice?
One of the issues is that Ret mostly takes SH while Prot only takes SS. Maybe both Ret and Prot would want (Cata) SS as a talent. (Source) Could replace current talent with the Cataclysm Sacred Shield and give the current one to Prot baseline I guess. (Source)
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 am

I'd think the Cata SS would become a totally mandatory talent for any raider if they did so. Maybe just Holy could get Eternal Flame instead (MAYBE), but still, Cata SS was very powerful for PvE (and possibly PvP too)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chunes » Mon May 13, 2013 7:32 am

How did cata SS work?

I cannot even recall.
Chunes

Postby benebarba » Mon May 13, 2013 7:35 am

Klaudandus wrote:Can you give any insight as to why the Cata version of Sacred Shield was removed from Ret? And is it possible it will return?
Honestly, it's because in Cata so many paladins asked for the LK version back. I guess we could alternate every expansion. (Source)

Is it not possible to have the Cata version of Sacred Shield baseline for Ret while also having the talent choice?
One of the issues is that Ret mostly takes SH while Prot only takes SS. Maybe both Ret and Prot would want (Cata) SS as a talent. (Source) Could replace current talent with the Cataclysm Sacred Shield and give the current one to Prot baseline I guess. (Source)

this made me wonder: is there any place where you can actually look through older ability/skill/talent lists? wowhead, wowdb, etc. all seem to only have the latest available.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 am

Chunes wrote:How did cata SS work?

I cannot even recall.

Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): New version added, replacing Rebuke; When reduced below 30% health, paladins gain the Sacred Shield effect.
The Sacred Shield absorbs X damage and increases healing received by
20%. Lasts 15 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30
seconds. Undispellable.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon May 13, 2013 8:07 am

benebarba wrote:this made me wonder: is there any place where you can actually look through older ability/skill/talent lists? wowhead, wowdb, etc. all seem to only have the latest available.

I asked this to the WoW Head admin since the Archive link sounds like it should be an actual archive. They said that's not its intent but to simply be a snapshot of the previous patch or something. I think it is a shame, I'd love for there to be a way to see previous "states of the game."

The Current Sacred Shield is a broken talent so it does need to be reworked.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby benebarba » Mon May 13, 2013 8:21 am

Flex wrote:
benebarba wrote:this made me wonder: is there any place where you can actually look through older ability/skill/talent lists? wowhead, wowdb, etc. all seem to only have the latest available.

I asked this to the WoW Head admin since the Archive link sounds like it should be an actual archive. They said that's not its intent but to simply be a snapshot of the previous patch or something. I think it is a shame, I'd love for there to be a way to see previous "states of the game."

Agreed! I imagine there'd be a lot to keep track of, but man it would make discussions easier.

Flex wrote:The Current Sacred Shield is a broken talent so it does need to be reworked.

That or make it baseline to maybe a spec or two (I'm thinking prot and maybe holy) and re-work that whole tier. I guess one advantage of the new talent system is that it does generate some chance of dialogue about what to baseline and what to remove/heavily modify.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Mon May 13, 2013 8:28 am

if you have the spellid of the old version, you can find it on wowdb or wowhead, i think
---
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Mon May 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Bring Holy Shield back! Doing damage when blocking was fun.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

I kinda miss Holy Shield. Not for the spell per se, just cause it was a signature ability of prot paladins. They should really bring it back somehow... Maybe rename the current SS Holy Shield when made baseline, and make the old Sacred Shield in the talents?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 am

Worldie wrote:I kinda miss Holy Shield. Not for the spell per se, just cause it was a signature ability of prot paladins. They should really bring it back somehow... Maybe rename the current SS Holy Shield when made baseline, and make the old Sacred Shield in the talents?

That would actually make sense.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby twinkfist » Tue May 14, 2013 7:03 am

holy shield...wasn't it 8 charges of something for some damage?

i just remember fights like Prince where he would go melee crazy and threat would jump through the roof because he was just bashing the shield.
twinkfist

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 am

Newsom wrote:
Worldie wrote:I kinda miss Holy Shield. Not for the spell per se, just cause it was a signature ability of prot paladins. They should really bring it back somehow... Maybe rename the current SS Holy Shield when made baseline, and make the old Sacred Shield in the talents?

That would actually make sense.

yep, can't be done then. :P
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General