Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Kelerei » Thu May 09, 2013 2:26 am

We had a Justin Bieber concert down here last night (ewwwwwwwww).

Given the average age of his audience, I thought you might like this image of what the beer queue looked like:

Kelerei

Postby Fetzie » Thu May 09, 2013 3:16 am

What would you say are the odds that those were parents waiting for the concert to end?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Era » Thu May 09, 2013 4:03 am

Maybe they were drinking the music better. Gettin' their beer-muffles on, so to speak. :wink:

EDIT: Okay so Google tells me muffles are also a ceramic oven kind of thing. That's not what I mean. :lol:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Zalaria » Thu May 09, 2013 5:03 am

Era wrote:Maybe they were drinking the music better. Gettin' their beer-muffles on, so to speak. :wink:

EDIT: Okay so Google tells me muffles are also a ceramic oven kind of thing. That's not what I mean. :lol:

Cooking yourself is probably preferable to Bieber...
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu May 09, 2013 5:21 am

bldavis wrote:its great to hear some good news about one of your guilds worldie!

Sadly, a few minutes ago, despite all the fun we had last night, our remaining Gm and officer decided to call it. They don't have the strength to rebuild everything again (as they had already been through this situation at the start of MoP), and feel it's time to stop for them.

So the guild is officially dead. I'm very sad to learn so, but yet, I still was touched by all the people who rallied up to help us when we needed.

Oh well, if any 25 men alliance guild on a PvE server needs a priest (all specs), prot war or mistweaver, give me a poke.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu May 09, 2013 5:23 am

Take revenge - apply to the 10 man group that broke off and caused the collapse, take them down too. ;)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Thu May 09, 2013 5:31 am

So I posted the over/under at 5:15 pm, right now its 7:30... that makes it 14 hrs? =O

Time to ship Worldie to Syrya
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Kelerei » Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 am

Era wrote:Maybe they were drinking the music better. Gettin' their beer-muffles on, so to speak.

Just heard from someone helping out at the concert last night that all the cooldrink was sold out before he even got on stage.

But plenty of beer available. :P
Kelerei

Postby Klaudandus » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Chunes » Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 am

They call it a "bug", but really they should have just called it "shit programming".

You use a 32 bit int variable to house data that will almost certainly inflate beyond that limit?

Either limit that value in the front end by a hard coded cap to how much gold you can auction at a time, or use a safer data type ffs.
Chunes

Postby Flex » Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 am

Klaudandus wrote:that wouldnt have happened if they had not taken dungeon rep out or put in valor gear behind rep

100% optional and not needed for progression at all, see my note about "playing wrong."

Except it's like moving a mountain with a shovel. You get so little done in comparison to the volume of work to be accomplished that it's very easy to give up in frustration.

Compared to Dragon Soul when it was moving a mountain with a nuclear bomb?

Daily rep grinds are slanted in favour of players who can dedicate a chunk of time every day. That's not the casual player.

Really? Dailies are the definition of casual game play where you don't have a set log on time. Since you simply log on and do them.

Instancing used to be where it was at. Dungeons got tuned to be nice little bite-sized bits of adventure for the casual person, who was rewarded at the end of Heroic instances with the boss dropping at least one piece of epic gear. Get a few pieces of that and you could raid.

When was this mythical land of 5 mans being that? Wasn't TBC for sure as that was when heroic 5 mans were the hardest they've ever been and you had to beg in trade for a group. Wasn't WotLK, since well the epics from them were same item level as the blues which made them insignificantly better, certainly wouldn't be the handful of ilvl 200 purples that would let you kill things in Naxx. Certainly wasn't Cataclysm, oh the bitching about launch difficulty of those heroics.

Ultimately nothing stops you from raiding now if you're in an organized group. Considering the only other experience of LFR was built around instance only gameplay and coming at the end of an expansion I'd not cite that as an example of how it should be just as I wouldn't cite 5.0's launch as how it should be. But complaining about being able to reach an arbitrary item level for running random dungeons will always be an issue with the random system.

We've moved up a tier since release, but there are no new dungeons dropping better gear. There is no ZG/ZA, or Icecrown, or the like. Casuals are still stuck with 463 heroic dungeons.

So I guess we are ignoring all the complaining that fell in with how extremely difficult ZA/ZG were to "casual" players? Heck the opening room in the third ICC 5 man may be the most bitched about dungeon ever. Also the power level increase of the items in ZG/ZA were half a tier. It was a completely psychological issue if getting ZA/ZG gear suddenly allowed you to raid T11 raids when you couldn't with heroic blues.

So no, this xpac is not casual-friendly. The only things worth doing take too much time on a daily basis, and you can't progress enough when you do have a larger block of time.

IT took me doing all 5.0 LFRs once to move from 460 to 481 on my hunter, I would not expect to move that fast if I played her during the 5.0/5.1 cycle. I've probably done less than 10 heroics on her and maybe 10 scenarios as most of the time was spent on the farm or hunting rares. So your can't progress enough line is utter bullshit since you can.

In Short: Quit focusing on rep and play smarter.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Fri May 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.popehat.com/tag/prenda-law/
So many lulz were had.

They should offer to build a new subway for San Francisco or maybe go and reenact "A journey to the center of the Earth", because they seem very adept at digging an ever deeper hole for themselves.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri May 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Easily amused: Playing with momentum in WoW. They added it a couple patches back, where you keep going if you dismount while moving on a flying mount, but it was odd and buggy and would fling you forward no matter what you were doing. Just today finding that it works better now. Dismount while flying up at an angle and your toon shoots off in a perfect arc. Hee.

Only works if you aim yourself that direction, though. Using space bar to rise you just drop suddenly.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Chunes » Fri May 10, 2013 2:16 pm

I use this to launch my fat tauren self into the entrance nook of UBRS/bwl in my weekly runs as i'm flying up from MC. Great times!
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General