Remove Advertisements

[10H] Heroic Horridon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Heroic Horridon

Postby Schroom » Thu May 09, 2013 3:12 am

yup thanks for that a lot Kai.
It basicaly got us our kill yesterday. unfortunatly our Warrior was LoHed while tnaking Jalak and still hat 40 sec left on forebarrance when he should have been BoPed.

so I had to retaunt with no hardcooldowns left whatsoever, got some bad rng and got a 300k hit and a 300k tripplepuncture on my 3t stack with in one second which killed me, but keeping cool, organizing external tankcooldows and that one BoP we had left for our warrior helped keeping him up til 5% Bosslife and then kite it to death. Now if the warrior wouldn't have had forebarance and could have been BoPed just after his 3 stacks, my Cooldowns would have been back up and the kill would have been easier.

nonetheless thanks a lot.
Schroom

Postby Chronos » Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 am

Any tips for crazy red dinos?
Chronos

Postby Bellanka » Fri May 10, 2013 8:41 am

Chronos wrote:Any tips for crazy red dinos?

Everyone should have a macro for it.

/cast [@CrazyPinkDinosNameThatEludesMe] <Spell Name>

I prefer Judgment because it's not directional - so even if the dino isn't in front of me Judgment will go off on it.

During transitional phases between gates people should be forcing the dino as far away as possible.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Recond » Fri May 24, 2013 11:40 am

Would it be able to solo tank the boss and the adds with a brewmaster? Or is that more the realm of a pally tank. We have a DK and Brewmaster at the moment, just looking for ways to smooth out damage taken from the adds and done to the adds. We keep wipin on the 4th gate, just the leeway available in 10 man is very slim and has no room for errors. Have one tank for this would make it much easier I would think
Recond

Postby Winkle » Tue May 28, 2013 2:22 am

Recond wrote:Would it be able to solo tank the boss and the adds with a brewmaster? Or is that more the realm of a pally tank. We have a DK and Brewmaster at the moment, just looking for ways to smooth out damage taken from the adds and done to the adds. We keep wipin on the 4th gate, just the leeway available in 10 man is very slim and has no room for errors. Have one tank for this would make it much easier I would think

I'm sure it could probably be solo tanked by a BM by why don't you try addressing why you're wiping on the 4th gate.

If i had to guess it would be either due to fire caster damage, hex damage or the totems dropped by the shamans.

The way we handle the 4th door is:
Nuke 1st bear/shaman down asap.
Then focus adds.
When bears 2&3 spawn each tank takes one each but we continue to focus down adds and the dinomancer. Shamans don't cast hex/totem until they are unmounted so you can safely leave them up until the 4th door is closed and all other adds are dead.
Winkle

Postby Fenris » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:05 am

Meh,having some problems with this,mainly because we usually have to try it with 2 melees :-/

Managed...2 tries with the war god dropping down,most of the problems seem to come from the 4th door
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Grommash » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:44 am

What we do on the fourth door is the tank on Horridon will pick up one of the bears that drop from the double spawn. This makes the initial pickup less hectic and he can start whittling it down. We just hard focus the first bear/shaman. If you kill a bear commit to the shaman that drops down. This is one of the doors where direct damage is far more favorable than AoE when you're first working on it. The melee trolls that come out do nothing special and should just be ignored. Stick a melee on the flamecasters and have everybody focus ONE BEAR then the shaman that drops down. Having multiple shaman down at a time will result in deaths if you don't have a lot of curse removal or interrupts for the chain lightning.

Horridon was actually the hardest boss (taking the most time) for our guild. He's very difficult relative to his position in the dungeon and it didn't help that we ran with 3 melee on this encounter. Less range mean healers get dinos quicker and a lot of melee aren't very well equipped to deal with dinos. We dropped one melee and went with 2 melee DPS for our kill, was much easier. Still not ideal but you really shouldn't have problems with 2 melee. They typically have the best interrupts and the first dino will go out on right at the end of the fourth door anyways.
Grommash

Postby Fenris » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:41 am

Oh well,something clicked and yesterday we did it on the first try of the day

Yay i guess :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)