Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 am

The sad thing is that it's actually brilliant marketing to reach their core demographic of the self-asorbed. If you are "allowed" in the store you are better than everyone else... sigh.

Time for a national fat-people sit-in protest at their stores. :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 am

Flex wrote:
Worldie wrote:I wonder who exactly is going to use a monthly sub for a program you probably use all the time for work.

I suspect everyone will stick with either previous versions or cracked versions of the new.

The subscription is cheaper if you buy it new every year and upgrade to the latest version.

The full suite at regular retail price it would take roughly 50 months til you end up paying more. 2 and a half years for Photoshop at regular retail price.

So for people that use it regularly and keep upgraded it is a better value.

I use The Web Developer CS4 every day. I use Indesign (which I had to purchase separately, a couple of times a month. I would love to upgrade, but at the price it is, I can't justify it every release cycle. For me, I'm sticking with Cs4, might upgrade to 5 if I can find a good version at a good price.

But then, It's just me here. I'm the only one using it.

And like Hal said, if/when I leave here, and move on, I'm not suddenly without my software, since my work sprang for the 3 license CS4 so that I could have it at home as well.
Last edited by Shoju on Wed May 08, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed May 08, 2013 8:40 am

Id stage an improv with xl and bigger people wearing a&f clothes, no matter how tight they are and flood a store... And act like if theyre the employees.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby twinkfist » Wed May 08, 2013 8:47 am

still 1 piece away from 4pc15...even if three would be lfr. iron quan is a dick and so is ji-kun....along with nalak.

used a mogu rune on iron quan...don't want to waste them just as i have to save two. one for horridon and the spark...and then if we ever get ji-kun down....trinket and legs.

dick bosses.
twinkfist

Postby halabar » Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 am

Shoju wrote:
Flex wrote:
Worldie wrote:I wonder who exactly is going to use a monthly sub for a program you probably use all the time for work.

I suspect everyone will stick with either previous versions or cracked versions of the new.

The subscription is cheaper if you buy it new every year and upgrade to the latest version.

The full suite at regular retail price it would take roughly 50 months til you end up paying more. 2 and a half years for Photoshop at regular retail price.

So for people that use it regularly and keep upgraded it is a better value.

I use The Web Developer CS4 every day. I use Indesign (which I had to purchase separately, a couple of times a month. I would love to upgrade, but at the price it is, I can't justify it every release cycle. For me, I'm sticking with Cs4, might upgrade to 5 if I can find a good version at a good price.

But then, It's just me here. I'm the only one using it.

And like Hal said, if/when I leave here, and move on, I'm not suddenly without my software, since my work sprang for the 3 license CS4 so that I could have it at home as well.

The photographer community is furious.

The curious thing is that Adobe knows damn well they can't do this with Lightroom, because there are far too many good competitors, unlike Photoshop.

What I expect to see now over the next year or two is those competitors now have a compelling reason to upgrade their software to add enough features that photographers have no need for Photoshop anymore.

Adobe really may have pulled a Quark here.

halabar

Postby Shoju » Wed May 08, 2013 9:10 am

You very well could be right Hal.
Shoju

Postby Brute » Thu May 09, 2013 6:55 am

Anyone know if it's possible to host a WoW server and leave it set on "good ol' days"? I just made it to BC last night on my cow paladin, and was expecting to me challenged by Hellfire Ramparts. Was very disappointed. It was so stupid easy... and in crap gear, too. I've got stuff left over from ZF still. I don't know if this is due to a massive down-tuning of dungeons or a massive up-tuning of level 60 characters and heirloom gear, but whichever it is, it should not have happened. This game is a shell of its former self, and I feel like I'm just going through motions, not even being challenged at all.

I remember when we actually had to CC and exert effort to complete dungeons... this new state is just sad. And as a result, no one has any etiquette in dungeons anymore... It doesn't matter if you a tank or a mage, whoever's up to the line first is who's going to pull. No one talks, even says "hi". They only time they talk is if you roll on a piece of loot they think they're entitled to.

I do think they should tune SOME things down a BIT, like UBRS for five, that's cool. That's great! It should be tuned for five people in level 58 questing/dungeoning gear, because then you could complete it, but it should not be so stupid easy that you only have to spam your main nuke to win and get free items. You should still have to CC, let the tank tank, follow a kill order, use interrupts, and have to read the short article on the boss to not fall prey to a boss gimmick. The boss of Blood Furnace, Mr. Orc Whats-his-face, did his blow-up trick, and I was the only one who ran out. Everyone else stayed in for the bomb, and I couldn't even tell that it hurt them at all. I mean, really? That's just stupid. That should be, at minimum, a near wipe, if not a full wipe.

I should add that I guess I'm a bit of a fool for expecting a change from the classic dungeons to burning crusade. I just figured they were harder to tune to the level of who might be in them, and that's why it was so easy, and that at level 60 with a gear reset from Outland, maybe they'd be properly tuned. But no... just a massive, across the board, easy-mode.
Brute

Postby Klaudandus » Thu May 09, 2013 7:17 am

You are talking about private servers, which are frowned upon, specially since blizz devs are known to visit this place every now and then.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Chunes » Thu May 09, 2013 7:32 am

@brute google has the answers.
Chunes

Postby Fetzie » Thu May 09, 2013 7:35 am

Just saying, it was practically impossible to wipe to Hellfire Ramparts normal back in the day.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Thu May 09, 2013 8:06 am

if things were like there were "back in the day" there would be far fewer alts. The goal, for better or worse, is to push people to the current content.

halabar

Postby Brute » Thu May 09, 2013 8:11 am

Fetzie wrote:Just saying, it was practically impossible to wipe to Hellfire Ramparts normal back in the day.

ha! we did it all the time. Standing in the fire on the boss, pulling adds, etc.
Brute

Postby halabar » Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 am

Brute wrote:
Fetzie wrote:Just saying, it was practically impossible to wipe to Hellfire Ramparts normal back in the day.

ha! we did it all the time. Standing in the fire on the boss, pulling adds, etc.

Since you brought that one up.. biggest problem now is idiot tanks that try to skip trash to "save time" and wind up wiping because one of the dps or a healer butt pulls the trash.

Another problem is anyone from the KT server.

halabar

Postby Winkle » Thu May 09, 2013 9:02 am

There's still challenge in the game, it just happens to not be in content 4 expansions old. Imagine if Ramparts required a co-ordinated group to complete on normal as you leveled, you basically wouldn't have people queuing for it in Dungeon Finder.

The same applies to heroics at 90, the name is a misnomer, Blizzard have discovered that challenge + automatic grouping is not a winning formula.
Winkle

Postby Chunes » Thu May 09, 2013 9:06 am

I wonder if the next expansion will see a rebound away from the automated group making towards more intentional player-initiated grouping like in previous expansions.

Already addons have surfaced to leverage xrealm grouping (oQueue) and it's not too uncommon to see pug raids forming in there.
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General