Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed May 08, 2013 7:21 am

The man who helped free the three captive woman from the home in Cleveland has said that he would not accept any reward money for doing so, and that any reward money should be given to the woman who were trapped in the house.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 am

Of all the meme-able interviews, Sweet Brown and Antoine Dodson mainly, he's fantastic because he did something good and right. He saw something was wrong and acted to correct it. He deserves to be rewarded.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Wed May 08, 2013 9:47 am

Flex wrote:Of all the meme-able interviews, Sweet Brown and Antoine Dodson mainly, he's fantastic because he did something good and right. He saw something was wrong and acted to correct it. He deserves to be rewarded.

There is a petition rolling around calling for the City of Cleveland to present him with a Key to the City, and honor him. I have a feeling it'll happen, but from what I have heard, and read, he really doesn't want any attention for it. He said he did what he was raised to do, nothing more.

MCDonald's has also said they will be in contact with him. I see free McD's for a good while in this man's future.

https://www.facebook.com/charles.ramseyhero.1?fref=ts

Some guy in Australia started a facebook page for him as a hero, and his employer has put together a T-Shirt line with all proceeds going to the vitcims.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Wed May 08, 2013 2:27 pm

So, my guild has been through a nightmare in the last days.
After our last raid on Sunday, a group of people decided they weren't having fun in the guild anymore and left to make their own 10 men guild with which hit the top 100.
I'll not go in the details of this thing, but on the fact that our guild suddently lost 12 raiders, including all 3 tanks, several officers and half of our DPS team, leaving us with barely 16 raiders in total.

Almost everyone thought we were done for, including our GM and the only officer left.
However, all the socials and all old raiders in the guild stepped up for helping and supporting us. Our GM got some hope back, and went around and found some recruits. With the new members and the help from the socials, we were able to fill our raid once more.
This will set us back in progress by a lot, but I don't care. Our guild isn't dead.
Tonight's raid, even with all the wipes due to the new people, was probably the best raid I've done since the glorious times of TBC. It felt good, because all the people who stayed, all the friends who helped, have made this possible.

I am amused, because for once, the good people have won. Our guild isn't dead!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chunes » Wed May 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Sounds like you just scraped a lot of slag from the top of the crucible.

Glad to hear your guild did not sink!
Chunes

Postby bldavis » Wed May 08, 2013 2:56 pm

its great to hear some good news about one of your guilds worldie!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed May 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Over/under on how long the honeymoon lasts?

i kid =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 pm

WoW down to 8.3 mil, supposedly the biggest drop was in China again.

If it keeps up this rate, I'm wondering what their panic moves will be, Blizzcon might have a lot of news to keep people interested.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Wed May 08, 2013 4:35 pm

halabar wrote:WoW down to 8.3 mil, supposedly the biggest drop was in China again.

If it keeps up this rate, I'm wondering what their panic moves will be, Blizzcon might have a lot of news to keep people interested.

* There has been less engagement by casual players.

I wonder why.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Wed May 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Klaudandus wrote:

I wonder why.

Bullshit.

You can log on every day and accomplish something towards making your player better even if you are limited to 15 minutes that night. This is simply the most casual friendly the game has been since I've started playing.

It is the idiots who feel that since it is in the game and available to do you simply have to do it and if you don't do it you're a pathetic scrub who is playing the game wrong.

Expect to see more artificial limits reintroduced and people complaining that Blizzard is ruining their fun that they can't do activity X over Y times a day.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Wed May 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:

I wonder why.

Bullshit.

You can log on every day and accomplish something towards making your player better even if you are limited to 15 minutes that night. This is simply the most casual friendly the game has been since I've started playing.

It is the idiots who feel that since it is in the game and available to do you simply have to do it and if you don't do it you're a pathetic scrub who is playing the game wrong.

Expect to see more artificial limits reintroduced and people complaining that Blizzard is ruining their fun that they can't do activity X over Y times a day.

GC was already tweeting about bringing back the 25-daily limit...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 pm

that wouldnt have happened if they had not taken dungeon rep out or put in valor gear behind rep
---
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Wed May 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Klaudandus wrote:that wouldnt have happened if they had not taken dungeon rep out or put in valor gear behind rep

^^

im fine with doing dailies for bonus loot rolls and for rep
but dont lock the valor gear behind rep, which is locked behind MORE rep

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Teranoid » Wed May 08, 2013 7:17 pm

halabar wrote:GC was already tweeting about bringing back the 25-daily limit...

Yeah because that's obviously the problem. Enough with the fucking "I have self control issues" bullshit Blizzard.

I'm fine with Blizz losing subs if it even means the slightest chance that there might be a mass exodus of the self entitled whining shits that plague this game now.
Teranoid

Postby Koatanga » Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Flex wrote:You can log on every day and accomplish something towards making your player better even if you are limited to 15 minutes that night.

Except it's like moving a mountain with a shovel. You get so little done in comparison to the volume of work to be accomplished that it's very easy to give up in frustration.

You have to do dailies day after day for weeks to get the reputation just to unlock additional reputations that you then chip away at a tiny bit at a time until you can finally unlock your profession patterns.

Finally unlocked August Celestials? Now you start all over on another mountain with my same old beaten-up shovel.

And when the casual does have time, on weekends or whatnot, he runs out of things to advance his rep.

Daily rep grinds are slanted in favour of players who can dedicate a chunk of time every day. That's not the casual player.

Instancing used to be where it was at. Dungeons got tuned to be nice little bite-sized bits of adventure for the casual person, who was rewarded at the end of Heroic instances with the boss dropping at least one piece of epic gear. Get a few pieces of that and you could raid.

Now, instancing rewards crappy blue gear that you generally can't get enough of to satisfy the minimum ilvl requirement for the first LFR instances unless you've been at it quite some time. They've been rendered irrelevant by LFR and world bosses anyway, but you can't log in for half an hour after work and run an LFR. You can barely get past the queue.

We've moved up a tier since release, but there are no new dungeons dropping better gear. There is no ZG/ZA, or Icecrown, or the like. Casuals are still stuck with 463 heroic dungeons.

So no, this xpac is not casual-friendly. The only things worth doing take too much time on a daily basis, and you can't progress enough when you do have a larger block of time.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

PreviousNext

Return to General