Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Tue May 07, 2013 10:16 am

Also from Adobe developer sources the big internal change is that they're removing the CS release cycle which allows individual product teams to release new features on their own release cycle instead of the suite's cycle.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Amirya » Tue May 07, 2013 11:19 am

The amazing number of MDs that work here.

Your anecdote (and misinformation) does not, sadly, trump the advice from the medical professionals and/or peer reviewed research.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue May 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Flex wrote:Also from Adobe developer sources the big internal change is that they're removing the CS release cycle which allows individual product teams to release new features on their own release cycle instead of the suite's cycle.

While that might help Acrobat Pro (which updates about once every 5 years :roll: ) I see two things happening... stagnation (because they can) and feature creep (because it's so "cool"), neither of which will help those that actually use the tools.

I think I've decided that instead of paying the ~$400 it would cost me now to upgrade to CS6, I'm going to spend that money as part of a new camera purchase, I'll keep using CS 5.5 until it breaks with an OS update, and then assess options. (With the lack of a new MacPro system from Apple, I might be on the same OS for another year or more still...)

Depending on what Apple does or doesn't do, I might have to go PC anyway, so holding off software purchases until that happens is probably wise anyway, since my current tools still work (albeit slowing on my 6? year old MacPro that I can't update to 10.8..)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm

So my reward for collecting a bunch of secrets is a meta gem aaaand..

another collection quest.

Really?
Teranoid

Postby benebarba » Tue May 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Teranoid wrote:So my reward for collecting a bunch of secrets is a meta gem aaaand..

Really?

Welcome to the new Legendary strategy : selection through attrition.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Tue May 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Teranoid wrote:So my reward for collecting a bunch of secrets is a meta gem aaaand..

Really?

But you are special, Wrathion thinks so anyway, only you can collect 10,000 items, kill thousands of mobs for rep, all for a few baubles... Legendary... lol

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 07, 2013 4:51 pm

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/jackal ... uertos.php

Wow... disney using the same playbook as Apple when it comes to patenting...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Tue May 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Patents are not Trademarks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 07, 2013 6:02 pm

whatever... patent/trademark... you get the gist of what I was trying to say.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby econ21 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:09 am

I've noticed a dps keeps getting killed by the boss during down draft in Ji-Kun on LFR. As a palatank, I use long arm of the law to stop being blown off the platform, but usually don't get back to melee range of the boss fast enough and so it strikes at a nearer dps, often killing them. Any tips on how to prevent this?
econ21

Postby Fetzie » Wed May 08, 2013 4:25 am

econ21 wrote:I've noticed a dps keeps getting killed by the boss during down draft in Ji-Kun on LFR. As a palatank, I use long arm of the law to stop being blown off the platform, but usually don't get back to melee range of the boss fast enough and so it strikes at a nearer dps, often killing them. Any tips on how to prevent this?

Use Speed of Light so that you are closer to the boss. Speed of Light exactly counters the push-back. So longer as you run forwards and do not strafe or turn you will stand on the spot with the Speed of Light buff active.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Wed May 08, 2013 6:20 am

insomnia sucks :(

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Wed May 08, 2013 7:37 am

A guy who looks like this:
And resembles this:

Tells people

He doesn’t want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people,” Lewis said. “He doesn’t want his core customers to see people who aren’t as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they’re one of the ‘cool kids.

In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids,” he told the site. “Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla. You don’t alienate anybody, but you don’t excite anybody, either,” he told Salon.

You shitbag. You are part of the reason that people have terrible problems with self image. You are part of the reason that our young people suffering from Anorexia, and Bulemia, and encouraging our young people to treat others like shit because of a piece of fucking fabric, and to send people looking for approval from anyone who will give it to them, and when they can't find it, they are depressed.

You are a worthless piece of waste.
Shoju

Postby Fetzie » Wed May 08, 2013 8:10 am

Niki Lauda had quite a bit of his face melted and one of his ears burnt off when he nearly died in a Formula 1 crash nearly 40 years ago and he looks better than that guy.

That abercrombie and fitches CEO's attitude is disgusting. And what kind of parent buys 50+ dollar shirts for their kid to wear to school? I know I wouldn't.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 am

The sad thing is that it's actually brilliant marketing to reach their core demographic of the self-asorbed. If you are "allowed" in the store you are better than everyone else... sigh.

Time for a national fat-people sit-in protest at their stores. :D

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General