Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Mon May 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Adobe going to the Cloud and monthly license for the next Creative suite.

I feel bad for all my friends in the comic/art industry.

On the other hand, I can't wait for all the backslash against Adobe and the tons of companies that will rather stay with CS6 and lower for many years to come rather than go to a monthly license fee.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Mon May 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Seems like everybody is following the example of Office 360. I suppose it is OK if you only need the software for a couple of months - getting full access to the software for 10-20 dollars a month would mean you get much more value for your money in that regard.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Mon May 06, 2013 6:40 pm

and another week of no horde raid
oh and it turns out our pally tank is now in a different guild which means the dk that was supposed to be mostly dps is now the main tank for the guild :/

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Mon May 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Adobe going to the Cloud and monthly license for the next Creative suite.

On the other hand, I can't wait for all the backslash against Adobe and the tons of companies that will rather stay with CS6 and lower for many years to come rather than go to a monthly license fee.

I am so pissed off with them...

That said, I'm possibly going to go out and buy the upgrade from CS5 to CS6, and stick with that for the next few years. However, that might prove a bit difficult, as the upgrades have already been removed from Amazon, and some other vendors. Gonna have to try brick-n-mortar.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Fetzie wrote:Seems like everybody is following the example of Office 360. I suppose it is OK if you only need the software for a couple of months - getting full access to the software for 10-20 dollars a month would mean you get much more value for your money in that regard.

Well, my friends, who actually use Photoshop a lot, are pretty unhappy about it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Mon May 06, 2013 7:18 pm

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Adobe going to the Cloud and monthly license for the next Creative suite.

I am so pissed off with them...

That said, I'm possibly going to go out and buy the upgrade from CS5 to CS6, and stick with that for the next few years. However, that might prove a bit difficult, as the upgrades have already been removed from Amazon, and some other vendors. Gonna have to try brick-n-mortar.

For what its worth, the CS5 to 6 upgrade is still on amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Photoshop ... =adobe+cs6

Klaudandus wrote:
Fetzie wrote:Seems like everybody is following the example of Office 360. I suppose it is OK if you only need the software for a couple of months - getting full access to the software for 10-20 dollars a month would mean you get much more value for your money in that regard.

Well, my friends, who actually use Photoshop a lot, are pretty unhappy about it.

Didn't say it was a good idea for people that use the software professionally or on a regular basis. Just like I won't be signing up for Office 365.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Mon May 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Klaudandus wrote:

The only ones that's it's good for are those that really take advantage of the full suite. That's a small small quantity of the userbase.

halabar

Postby benebarba » Tue May 07, 2013 5:26 am

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:

The only ones that's it's good for are those that really take advantage of the full suite. That's a small small quantity of the userbase.

I'm guessing things like the GIMP are still a bit off in terms of functionality compared to Photoshop? I haven't had to use an actual image manipulation program for much in years.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 07, 2013 5:39 am

Some people are good with Gimp, but I hate it.

Several of my friends have been using Paint Tool Sai as an alternative since it apparently it has better custom brushes that give a more paint/watercolor feel to the blending. But still use photoshop for the final product.

Something my friend did

I'd donate one of my kidneys for 10% of her skills o_o

Supposedly, FireAlpaca is supposed to be as good as Paint Tool Sai, but I have not tried it yet.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue May 07, 2013 6:12 am

I Use CS4, and have absolutely no plans to upgrade to a monthly cloud based subscription. They can kiss my ass. And if the day ever comes that my comp wont run CS4, I'll go back to running GIMP, or just keep buying G3 Macbooks so I can run CS3 Suite.

EDIT:

And my frustration this morning.

If you order on ebay from my company, your tracking number is automatically uploaded the second that the label is printed, and you also get an e-mail to your registered address with the tracking number.

I had 4 people send me a message through my ebay asking for their tracking number.

They had to click on their item history to send me the request for tracking number, meaning they just didn't even pay attention.
Last edited by Shoju on Tue May 07, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Tue May 07, 2013 6:42 am

I wonder who exactly is going to use a monthly sub for a program you probably use all the time for work.

I suspect everyone will stick with either previous versions or cracked versions of the new.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 am

That moment when b.net explodes in the middle of a fun game :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue May 07, 2013 8:16 am

Worldie wrote:I wonder who exactly is going to use a monthly sub for a program you probably use all the time for work.

I suspect everyone will stick with either previous versions or cracked versions of the new.

The subscription is cheaper if you buy it new every year and upgrade to the latest version.

The full suite at regular retail price it would take roughly 50 months til you end up paying more. 2 and a half years for Photoshop at regular retail price.

So for people that use it regularly and keep upgraded it is a better value.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue May 07, 2013 8:30 am

Flex wrote:
Worldie wrote:I wonder who exactly is going to use a monthly sub for a program you probably use all the time for work.

The subscription is cheaper if you buy it new every year and upgrade to the latest version.

The full suite at regular retail price it would take roughly 50 months til you end up paying more. 2 and a half years for Photoshop at regular retail price.

It certainly isn't for me, as I do skip versions.

Finally found a place online with CS6 upgrades in stock, which would cost me about the same price as the first year of the promotional sub ($30/month). So if I buy that, and skip the next generation, I'll be coming out ahead, plus I'm not chained to Adobe with my software disappearing if I ever had to cancel the sub.

My problem is that these days I only use Photoshop for photo editing, and most of the new features in PS are not for that. I use Illustrator a bit, but I'd be fine with the CS4 version of that...

halabar

Postby benebarba » Tue May 07, 2013 9:09 am

Flex wrote:

I imagine large production houses won't even bat an eye at the price change (finance will gripe, but they always do).

I would be surprised if they didn't have some new 'intermediate' (and probably limited functionality) range introduced, since it seems like they'd stop making money in some segments if their pricing pushes out mid-range customers who either skipped versions or who won't pay for the full suite but weren't going to go down to whatever equivalent of photoshop basics exists now. On the other hand, they may just not care about losing those customes since it may be made up in other areas.

(the above speculation was yoinked out of my nethers based on little knowledge of their product or price structure.)
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General