Guild Wars 2

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby bldavis » Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 pm

lvl 80 alts? :lol:
my highest is still 55

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Eltiana » Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 pm

lol, I have one 80 alt, and the closest after that is a 74 which I have been exceedingly laze in getting to the 80 mark.
Eltiana

Postby Era » Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 am

I'm compensating for quitting WoW. :wink:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Gracerath » Sat May 04, 2013 6:36 am

I've never been big on alts in any game. Thinking back on WoW, I had 3 max level characters by the end of Wotlk. When Cataclysm came out, I made a 4th alt (warrior) but only got my DK and Warrior to max level and the rest were left at 80.

For GW2, I have 2 level 80 characters and my other alts are all below level 10.

I've never really been able to ration my time between two games very well. Especially MMO's.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Eltiana » Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 am

Levantine wrote:So I reinstalled the other night. Why did no one mention how fun guardians were? Easily more enjoyable than my Mesmer ever was.

I'm surprised at the amount of people on a Paladin forum that haven't played Guardians/Warriors.

Just started leveling one myself. The issue I always have with all my characters is coming up with a weapon setup I like and a build to go with that, which is why I've hesitated doing Guardian till now.
Eltiana

Postby Era » Sat May 04, 2013 11:05 am

Eltiana wrote:I'm surprised at the amount of people on a Paladin forum that haven't played Guardians/Warriors.

Just started leveling one myself. The issue I always have with all my characters is coming up with a weapon setup I like and a build to go with that, which is why I've hesitated doing Guardian till now.

My first instinct was to go with Guardian, but I wanted to do something different for a change. So I went with Necromancer, which I found quite enjoyable. But really had a good time with Guardian as well.

For my Guardian I used Sword/Focus and Mace/Shield in my weapon slots while levling. Now that I'm 80 I've switched to Greatsword, using a build called "AHEM Guardian", which is supposedly the current favoured PvE build for them.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Gracerath » Fri May 17, 2013 2:19 am

They are finally doing something with that stupid karka island. About time but holy crap, what an unbalanced pile of shit zone. The enemies are really stupid. It was quite hilarious to watch a single, non veteran reef drake take down 4 people because of its ability to stack a massive confuse, vacuum and knockdown. It feels like I spend more time knocked down/stunned vs those enemies than actually controlling my character and it is awful frustrating. It feels like they are just using cheese abilities to add difficulty rather than interesting mechanics.

I think my issue with the living story stuff is it moves too slowly to keep me interested for long. I'm the kind of person that appreciates large chunks of content being released at once because I can sink my teeth into it for longer periods of time. Anet keeps saying that their focus will be more on the living story stuff rather than an expansion for the near future and I can't say I'm all that happy with that decision. Ah well. I may be in the minority. I can definitely see the appeal of a smaller but more steady flow of content. I just kind of wish there was both. I think the next big thing that will make me play regularly again will be their dungeon finder tool.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri May 17, 2013 3:46 am

I think I would've appreciated something like living story if I was playing a lot every day, like I did with WoW. But with GW I play veeeer sporadically. Usually have a few days in a row where I play quite a bit, then go off the game for weeks. Been playing Diablo 3 again recently. Do we have a Diablo 3 thread somewhere? :lol:
Era

Postby Gracerath » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Finally finished my armor set for my elementalist. It took a lot less dungeon stuff than I thought it would considering I'm only using two dungeon items. The rest is from the Vigil faction vendor.

Vigil shoulders, gloves and leggings. Sorrow's Embrace boots and Crucible of Eternity chest piece.

Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Love the dye job, what dyes are that? :)
Era

Postby Gracerath » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Midnight Rose and Night Shade. I really should unlock some more dyes.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:26 pm

I really should GW2 more. :roll:
Think I'm just putting it off now, until I get a new computer. I've accumulated a lot of console games I never had the time to play while I was active in WoW, so now I'm trying to make up for it. :lol:
Era

Postby Era » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Era

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Nice, though Town Shop is very...Stairway to Heavenish.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Other Games