Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Jabari » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 am

Chunes wrote:Female tauren... now you don't see those everyday.

My (current) main:

Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Era » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 am

Oh, now that's quite nice! I love the luminescence!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Koatanga » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Chunes wrote:I never understood the appeal of the plate-kini's.

Some nice color palettes and coordination going in all of those sets though, I will definitely concede that.

Given the options in the Bliz universe, there are definitely better colour palates available in the platekini sets than in the other sets. Unfortunately, that makes accessorizing them very problematic, so when they are done well you can appreciate the work involved.

The others sets are often quite ugly, in my opinion. Pieces are ridiculously impractical and colour schemes tend to boring browns. The massive WWF-style belts, clunky boots, and Popeye gauntlets are just fugly.

But more fundamentally, there is a whole genre of art out there celebrating the platekini, that some of us grew up with. Artists like Luis Royo, Boris Vallejo, and Julie Bell created artwork for the covers of the fantasy novels I read as a lad.

So in that way it's also homage to a genre of art and a certain age of fantasy.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Jabari » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 am

Era wrote:Oh, now that's quite nice! I love the luminescence!

It's funny, that's just the T14 LFR shaman set + Normal No'Kaled and Blackthorn's. Just looks "right" on the female tauren to me. I don't like the blue color of the T14 normal set at all (the Heroic color is awesome, but I'm never going to have access to that). The gloves are the wrong ones - I got both Resto and ELE gloves from Sha, and just finally got LFR ones today so I can fix that now.

Koatanga wrote:But more fundamentally, there is a whole genre of art out there celebrating the platekini, that some of us grew up with. Artists like Luis Royo, Boris Vallejo, and Julie Bell created artwork for the covers of the fantasy novels I read as a lad.

Heh yeah.

I have a few trading cards sets with artwork from that type of artist. Mostly book and magazine covers, but some other art they did as well. Lots of platekinis. :lol:

<goes and looks>

Ah, found it.

Sets by: Larry Elmore, Clyde Caldwell, Jeff Easley, Christos Achilleos, and Darrell Sweet.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Chunes » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

Koatanga wrote:But more fundamentally, there is a whole genre of art out there celebrating the platekini, that some of us grew up with. Artists like Luis Royo, Boris Vallejo, and Julie Bell created artwork for the covers of the fantasy novels I read as a lad.

So in that way it's also homage to a genre of art and a certain age of fantasy.

This gives me so much perspective that I actually started hating plate-kinis less because of it. Thanks for that insight!
Chunes

Postby twinkfist » Thu May 02, 2013 10:44 am

so, i've decided on going with full T2 and Bloodmoon, Reborn on my pally. T2 because it's completely gone from my server...no one wears it anymore. Bloodmoon because i never made it in bc...made the executioner and stormherald...vendored stormherald...so dumb.

now i'm tryin to decide if i'm making stormherald for my pally, make the 1h axe for my warrior (or one of the 2h weapons)...or make dragonstrike for my shaman (who goes ele on occasion).
twinkfist

Postby Newsom » Fri May 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Shaman:
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby bldavis » Fri May 03, 2013 8:55 pm

i recognize the shield, but what is the rest? (i like the chest/robe esp)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Fri May 03, 2013 9:31 pm

I believe the mace is the Empress Shekzeer one.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Fri May 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Worldie wrote:I believe the mace is the Empress Shekzeer one.

thats what i was thinking too but wasnt sure

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Sat May 04, 2013 3:53 am

Mace: LFR version of the Empress caster mace
Robe: normal mode Shaman T15
Shoulders, gloves, belt, shield: Brutal Gladiator (you can buy them all for honor points)

Edit: Wowhead link
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Ironshield » Mon May 06, 2013 3:28 pm

WoWScrnShot_050613_232200_cr.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050613_232200_cr.jpg (157.68 KiB) Viewed 510 times
Ironshield

Postby Newsom » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Warrior:

Not quite happy with the swords (they have a purple glow)...
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Era » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:40 pm

You're good at this!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:46 am

Not bad sir, what's that?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General