Remove Advertisements

So I'm thinking of dusting off my old account...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So I'm thinking of dusting off my old account...

Postby halabar » Fri May 03, 2013 11:37 am

The LFRs can be a clusterfuck, or can be as smooth as glass, all depends on when you run them and what 24 people you get grouped with. 50% percent of it is just the tanks knowing the fights, so if you are tanking, you can help the success right there.

Best advice on LFR is to run it Tues-Thurs if you can, the weekend can get iffy, but you can still get good groups then too.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Fri May 03, 2013 11:44 am

LFR is glorified target-dummy testing.

There are a few things in the new raid in LFR where people have to have a semblance of an idea of what to do, but other than that mechanics are fairly optional.

(Except for tanks. They need to know mechanics on most things.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Arnock » Fri May 03, 2013 12:03 pm

How do lfr resets work with standard raids? Can you do both lfr and normals?

Have they nerfed xp gain at all since cataclysm launched? I remember after 4.0 launched xp gain was insane, I tried leveling an alt, and I was abandoning most of the quests due to them turning gray.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby benebarba » Fri May 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Arnock wrote:How do lfr resets work with standard raids? Can you do both lfr and normals?

Have they nerfed xp gain at all since cataclysm launched? I remember after 4.0 launched xp gain was insane, I tried leveling an alt, and I was abandoning most of the quests due to them turning gray.

you can do LFR and normals in the same week. You can even run LFR multiple times for the VP you get for finishing a wing, or the extra rolls if you have the tokens.

The level of XP given is still pretty high at lower levels, if you want to experience the new leveling content 'as intended', I'd not use heirlooms outside of maybe dungeons or for blasting through outlands/northrend. Gathering professions give XP now when you pick/mine nodes, so that also accelerates things a bit, and if you are in a guild with the XP perk, that will be a pretty decent base boost. I think the only change since cata has been to reduce the XP needed to hit levels 60-80 (maybe through 85?).

Monks also get a daily for a 1 hr XP buff, but you don't have to do that.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Fri May 03, 2013 12:55 pm

and with patch 5.3, the xp for 85-90 will be reduced as well. Good time to come back.. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Fri May 03, 2013 1:56 pm

If you level guildless, no heirlooms, no XP potion (there's some BoA pot that gives an xp boost for like an hour, but it's a world drop), no RAF etc, you'll still not be able to finish the quests in most zones due to outleveling them.

A buddy of mine and I decided to do every single quest in hyjal for lols, we were like 83 when we finished. Lower levels are even worse.
Chunes

Postby Flex » Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 am

econ21 wrote:
Arnock wrote:So, how exactly does the whole "Valor point" system work?

It's rather like Wotlk in that they've gone back to the "daily heroic" idea

Yes and no. Valor are reward from every dungeon finder group. First of the day rewards double valor. According to GC when they switched to first 7 of the week from one a day fewer people did it than previously so this splits the difference where people who do it daily get a bonus while chain runners get some every time.

A buddy of mine and I decided to do every single quest in hyjal for lols, we were like 83 when we finished. Lower levels are even worse.

I seem to remember getting to 83, or at least high 82, in Hyjal at Cataclysm launch.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Mon May 06, 2013 9:02 am

How many dungeons did you do?

We were testing things "for science", no BoA gear, but we did have the guild XP boost. No dungeons were run by us.
Chunes

Postby benebarba » Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 am

Chunes wrote:How many dungeons did you do?

We were testing things "for science", no BoA gear, but we did have the guild XP boost. No dungeons were run by us.

I know I definitely didn't have to go through every zone before hitting 85 (I went through Vashj). I'm pretty sure I skipped Uldum and went back at 85 too.
benebarba

Postby Flex » Mon May 06, 2013 9:17 am

Chunes wrote:How many dungeons did you do?

2 or 3. I'm not huge on running dungeons while leveling, I am much faster at questing. Did 89-90 in about 3 hours /played for instance.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Arnock » Mon May 06, 2013 4:24 pm

So, uh, I was originally planning on using a trial account to contact some old guildies to send me a scroll of resurrection. But, apparently, trial accounts can't send a tell to people. (Makes sense, I guess.)

So, if anyone wants some nice, scroll of resurrection bonuses, feel free to send one to Arnock on US PVE Llane.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby benebarba » Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Arnock wrote:So, uh, I was originally planning on using a trial account to contact some old guildies to send me a scroll of resurrection. But, apparently, trial accounts can't send a tell to people. (Makes sense, I guess.)

So, if anyone wants some nice, scroll of resurrection bonuses, feel free to send one to Arnock on US PVE Llane.

do you need to be on the same server? I forget how these dealies work.

edit:
Apparently not, just sent it.
benebarba

Previous

Return to General