Guild Wars 2

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:04 pm

i dont have any looks i am real happy with yet, still need to get a few levels for the ones i want
ill try to post some SS when i get there (just keep in mind i havent played GW in about 3 weeks)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Gracerath » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Era wrote:Warrior literally made me giggle with manly glee (surely there is such a thing).
"Holy shit that's one massive dude!" :lol:

Both of them look great! Love the dye jobs.
What armour is that on the Ele? Some random bits?

I love the look of the Norn armor. They went through a lot of trouble to make some elaborate tattoos so I am glad there is armor that allows you to show off that choice. I picked the older, doughy body type. I like the grizzled old warrior archetype.

The ele is Vigil armor for everything except the chest which is Crucible of Eternity. As soon as I get her finished, I'll post some updates.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Eltiana » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Warrior

Necro

Engineer

Sorry for the shoddy quality but you asked for pics lol ><
Eltiana

Postby Era » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:30 pm

They're not so bad, and definitely better than nothing! ;) What's that helmet on your Warrior??
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Era » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:41 pm

My guardian, soon hitting level 50!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Eltiana » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Era wrote:They're not so bad, and definitely better than nothing! ;) What's that helmet on your Warrior??

Norn Cultural Tier 3.
Eltiana

Postby Era » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 am

Just from the preview bits since she's not high enough level, but bought some mix/match armour for my guardian today!
Era

Postby Kuripari » Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm

I just started playing again after putting it down shortly after release.

I was working on the monthly, which meant a bunch of jumping puzzles. They were irritating, but oh so satisfying to see that chest and achievement pop when I finished them. I did a little bit of SAB, which was a blast. And jumped into the new dungeon for Frost and Fire. My first experience in a GW2 dungeon. OH WOW! Crazy! Jumping, and dodging, and spelling. It was a riot, even if I did die a few times. It made me realize how mindless I'd gotten in LFR.
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby Era » Thu May 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Guardian dinged 80 tonight! Now to figure out how to most effectively gear her up... Ideas? Not exactly loaded in this game, so sheer auction house gearing is out of the question.

Era

Postby Gracerath » Thu May 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Kind of depends on what you want to do with her. Unless you're trying to speed run CoF, no one will really care what your gear is like so pick the playstyle you enjoy and tailor your gear around that. I geared up my warrior with various karma gear from the Orr temples mixing and matching and going for mostly balanced stats. I used that gear to run a lot of AC and made enough money to eventually buy some berserker items.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu May 02, 2013 8:21 pm

So I reinstalled the other night. Why did no one mention how fun guardians were? Easily more enjoyable than my Mesmer ever was.
Levantine

Postby Gracerath » Fri May 03, 2013 12:10 am

Levantine wrote:So I reinstalled the other night. Why did no one mention how fun guardians were? Easily more enjoyable than my Mesmer ever was.

I often hear the same thing when people try out Mesmers for the first time. I like that they've done a fairly decent job at making most classes feel different from each other so you have a somewhat unique experience with each. As much as I love my warrior, he is boring as fuck to play although very effective. My dagger/dagger elementalist on the other hand... great fun.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 am

Levantine wrote:So I reinstalled the other night. Why did no one mention how fun guardians were? Easily more enjoyable than my Mesmer ever was.

Guardians were surprisingly fun, I agree! My first was a Necromancer and an Elementalist, which I enjoyed enough, but they weren't quite as ... Hm, easy to enjoy, I suppose. :lol:

EDIT: What are your main uses of karma? I'm a little unsure what I should spend it on.

:?:
Era

Postby Gracerath » Fri May 03, 2013 3:53 am

I save all my jugs of liquid karma for alts. Once they reach 80, you can blow a bunch to get them fully geared with Orr stuff. Otherwise, most of my karma just rots or I get bored and buy some of the jewel boxes to crack open (available on any karma vendor in the level 80 Orr zone). I got an endless earth elemental tonic and some cash one session. I believe you can get a mini pet and other elemental tonics as well. There are a few more convoluted ways to convert karma into money but I'm far too lazy to do that and it really isn't a great conversion rate. (I think one method involves buying karma items and dumping them into the mystic toilet)
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri May 03, 2013 8:00 am

That's the conclusion I've come to as well; just throw it all on gearing new 80 alts. I just wanted to double check so I didn't blow it all on Orr armour only to find out that "Hey, you can convert 1 karma = 1 gold at this fancy vendor guy over here." and then break my face against my keyboard. :roll:
Era

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games