[10H] Heroic Horridon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Heroic Horridon

Postby Donatist » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 am

We wiped on this thing for a long time last night at least 3 hours like most guilds i suppose. Seems like it is VERY tightly tuned since we cant get the troublesome mobs down before the next wave spawns (Waste walkers, Venom Priests, warlords)

Anyone find anything particularly useful for this fight, we made it to the final dinomancer once on the fourth door but my healers were completely spent 2 healing. As a pally i am cleansing as much as i can to help with missed interrupts and the disease on the drakkari door. I feel like the Zurubashi door is worse than the Drakkari door though.

Thanks
Donatist

Re: Heroic Horridon (10m)

Postby Galiks » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 pm

we 3-healed, 2-tanked, 5-dps. all of our DPS were ranged. there's not anything interesting for this fight it's just a huge DPS/awareness check. you NEED 3 healers for the last phase or your tanks/raid will fall over, so get used to doing it with 3 heals. we bloodlusted when war-god came out.

yes, the poison door is the problematic door and should be dealt with swiftly with good interrupts.

also, if you don't have a prot paladin for the physical mitigation in the last phase, you probably can't kill this on 10 man.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby marcojoao » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 pm

We manage to get to the last phase in 10M with 2 DK Blood and 2 healers , our geral problems is on the 3rd door, the adds spread and we get 3 frost trolls up. :cry:

Our setup is

2 DK Tank
2 Rogue
1 SPriest
1 Mage Fire
1 Hunter Surv
1 Drood Balance
1 Holy pala
1 Disc Priest
marcojoao

Postby Grommash » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:18 am

I've seen a few 2 heal setups, I really think you just need a block tank on him. Most other tanks die really quick once he does his enrage thing when war-god dies.

We only did the boss for 2-3 hours, could mostly get to the third door alright but things fell to pieces. Just need more practice I think. The poison door is really brutal and DK AoTD is amazing for the third door to help soak the diseases going around.
Grommash

Postby Kishandra » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 am

also, if you don't have a prot paladin for the physical mitigation in the last phase, you probably can't kill this on 10 man

I've seen a few 2 heal setups, I really think you just need a block tank on him. Most other tanks die really quick once he does his enrage thing when war-god dies.

We had two brewmasters and a dk for our kill :-(
I tanked it for twenty seconds past berserk without dying as a monk ^_^

I think the problematic door is #3 too, the frost trolls just have so much hp and you have to move then around a lot because those frozen orbs are ridiculous. You just have to single target them down and count on dispels to keep the focused people alive, I guess.

Thanks for the AoTD tip. That could've saved us a lot of pain.
Kishandra

Postby Grommash » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Took us over a hundred wipes but we finally killed this stupid boss. I actually had to go out and recruit another range DPS because the margin of error with 3 melee DPS seemed incredibly tight.

AoTD for the third door (used right before the dinomancer comes out) is amazingly good. I mentioned it earlier but I'll stress it again. If you have a DK have him army and mass grip into the pool of adds. This will put all of the adds in one tight clump away from the dinomancer with zero damage going out for roughly 30 seconds.

We two healed it with a holy paladin/resto druid. Healing really didn't seem to be an issue at all. It would have been leagues easier with discipline priest though but we made due.

Our main problem was the last phase when it was just Horridon. Our tank option was prot warrior and blood DK which I believe is probably the absolute worst tank combination you can get. Direcalls weren't an issue at all. Horridon trucked me (blood DK) and the warrior while better off, wasn't much better. The difference between prot paladins and every other tank on this fight is incredibly huge for tanking Horridon post Jalaks death. I think guardian druid and brewmaster monk would be fine, but the chance of getting gibbed is still there (relying on good avoidance).

What we ended up doing was pretty much taunt pingponging the boss as much as possible to minimize back to back hits and to keep the boss from attacking. In any given minute he really only melees for about 35-40 seconds (given charges and double swipes). If you did the first four doors cleanly it's an option to just kite the boss around the room if you tanks don't have CDs.

We had close to a minute left on enrage doing it this way with our feral druid dying around 20% to his dino. Keep in mind the 12 minute enrage is just the "you can't tank him anymore enrage", which ironically isn't a whole lot different than the damage he does after Jalak is dead lol. After the 12 minute mark the only thing that will really wipe you is the next direcall, which depending on how fast you did the doors, and when you clicked the orb can extend the enrage anywhere from 35 seconds to a minute. Just taunt him before he reaches people and use his charges/double swipes to gain some distance.

Anyways 2 healing is easily an option, even at week one it was. You just need everyone to help with dispels, CD direcalls, interrupt/stun what you can and try not to stand in stuff. There were times we went into the fourth door with both healers having 80-100% mana.
Grommash

Postby Bemxuu » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:20 pm

Quick tip: don't be too generous with space. We got more wipes to being pushed away from the gates by sh... erhm, void zones than to actually standing in them.

Fight is not doable without either one of this three tricks:
1. 2.5 tanks. Kitty with HotW and symbiosis dispersion can last good 30 to 40 seconds to let the stacks fall of the first tank. Will make healers hate the kittehz though =) And a disc priest is required.
2. Save bres for the tank. Simple as it is. One tank picks up the guy and stands his ground 'till he's dead. Requires perfect execution as you don't have that bres to cover your mistakes.
3. Have a paladin. Easy as it goes. BoP the first tank in burn phase when the second one picks the boss and BoP him once again when the boss does his charge (so, he can click off the bop). Second tank should survive the beating for may be 40 seconds to give first one enough room between bops.
Bemxuu

Postby Donatist » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:10 am

Nah our main problem first week was an undergeared tank, he was like 502 geared and couldnt hold threat on adds or survive the boss. So we swapped myself (pally) to doors 1,3,4 and then tanked horridon in final phase and we basically 2 shot it doing that. BoPed the warrior twice at gate 3-4 to remove stacks.

We 2 healed it, wasnt much of an issue unless we miss interrupts or I wasnt cleansing stacks on door 3. Fight really is a dps (gear) check to a certain degree. If you can kill the low health adds or at least get the first warlord to 15%ish before the other 2 spawn most likely you are gonna have a bad time.
Donatist

Postby Bellanka » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 am

Solo tanked this last night and went down after 15 pulls, after almost 70 pulls two-tanking. Enrage timer still seemed tight, and by the end I was juggling a pink dino as well.

If your SoTR timing is spot on, and you have a Rogue and/or Hunter for Tricks/MD I highly recommend this way of doing it.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:13 am

Bellanka wrote:Solo tanked this last night and went down after 15 pulls, after almost 70 pulls two-tanking. Enrage timer still seemed tight, and by the end I was juggling a pink dino as well.

If your SoTR timing is spot on, and you have a Rogue and/or Hunter for Tricks/MD I highly recommend this way of doing it.

We had 1 attempt where i solo tanked normal last, just to see what it was like, and it felt messy, as times i would have adds behind me with the boss in front, and melee weren't to happy either. How did you handle add positioning with the boss?
Winkle

Postby Bellanka » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:43 am

I didn't have any problems with that. Double Swipe gave me plenty of opportunities to reposition them.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Re: [10H] Heroic Horridon

Postby Gab » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Just got our kill solo tanking with a paladin. Really not that bad with a couple resets worth of gear and the extra dps gained from solo tanking. We only saw Jalak 4 times and downed it the 2nd time we killed Jalak. Lusted on Horridon's soft enrage but it probably wasn't necessary; I imagine you can probably just use lust on whichever phase is giving you the most trouble.
Gab

Postby Schroom » Mon May 06, 2013 4:51 am

For how much Boss-HP do you aim when you go into transition for the last phase? (door 4 'til middle of the room, before Jalak spawns)

how many stacks do you take in that last phase (and the post Jalak-phase /soft enrage phase) before swapping tanks.
What Cooldowns do you use as a tank? we killed Jalak once but our warrior was out of cooldowns and thus unable to survive Horridons softenrage for very long. I was tanking him the whole time, reset my stacks surived for some time with GoAk and then, Game over.

we only have 1 sac from our healpaladin and our exchangeable Cooldowns between tanks (pally/warrior). that's it. no other external Cooldowns available, as we 2 heal (pally/shaman) this.
Schroom

Postby Donatist » Mon May 06, 2013 6:25 am

You shouldnt really need CDs to survive him softenraged. Your healer just need to be spam healing you and trickle heal the raid since the only damage is Dire Call. If you ShoTR every triple puncture you still should have enough haste to get a shield up for a portion of his melees. Just make sure you arent wasting holy power when he is double swiping. Sit on the 5 HP and you can even sit on CS and Judgement to have an instant 2 HP gain ready for after double swipe, 6 seconds of coverage for like a 15 second window on melees.

Actually this reminded me on our kill two weeks ago I had to tank horridon from 15% with no healers alive because crazy pink dinos are hard. WoG was definitely my friend because with the vengeance you should have it will be a full heal.
Donatist

Postby Kai » Mon May 06, 2013 8:28 am

Schroom wrote:For how much Boss-HP do you aim when you go into transition for the last phase? (door 4 'til middle of the room, before Jalak spawns)

how many stacks do you take in that last phase (and the post Jalak-phase /soft enrage phase) before swapping tanks.
What Cooldowns do you use as a tank? we killed Jalak once but our warrior was out of cooldowns and thus unable to survive Horridons softenrage for very long. I was tanking him the whole time, reset my stacks surived for some time with GoAk and then, Game over.

we only have 1 sac from our healpaladin and our exchangeable Cooldowns between tanks (pally/warrior). that's it. no other external Cooldowns available, as we 2 heal (pally/shaman) this.

the real CD you want to use are hand of protection and bubble, that helps a lot more then anything else. you start on the boss. either you or the holy pala hand of prots the other tank. you tank until you get the 3rd stack, bubble it off. tank until 3rd stack hits again, other tank taunts. when he gets his 3rd stack, hand of protection him. get up to 3 stacks again and you should be ready.
might even be doable with 2 stacks, dunno. you got a LOT of resets with that setup. also make sure healers don't start to raid heal after a dire call. most people love spamming aoe heals when they see everyone taking dmg. in reality no one will take any more dmg until the next dire call and a healing rain is more then enough to take care of it. healers shouldn't waste any time healing up the raid, especially not right after a dire call.
Kai

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)