[5.0.5] Shadow Priest

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [5.0.5] Shadow Priest

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:59 pm

For one thing your kills are pretty slow. Most sps ranking on Tsulong are killing it in under 6 minutes rather than 8 minutes for example.

Edit: completely missed that these are raidfinder logs. That would the diminish the value of your sha and protector kills if anything - the distance on sha means that you're only competing vs a very small sample of shadowpriests, the ones that are recording their own logs, and you're cheesing protector by triple multi-dotting. It's possible that the procs alone would justify the gcds spent on doing fake damage on the other two mobs I guess, seems fairly borderline though.

For Lei Shi in general you're at the mercy of factors like how fast your raid breaks him out of hide and getaway, and raid dps in general really. The difference between the boss dying and doing a hide at 2% is an extra 25 seconds on the kill time rather than the 5 it would be on a patchwerk encounter.

Likewise, killing Tsulong before second day phase is essential to get a decent rank.
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:18 am

I see, so basically I should blame the time on the kills rather than myself. Sounds ok, I was afraid that I'm just sucking horribly on those fights >_<

Btw for comparison, real logs:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z26et ... 564&e=2997
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:23 am

Well, it's a factor, and it's magnified in fights with phases which drop your dps like a rock like Hide on Lei Shi.

Couple of small things on your normal Lei Shi log, on the first set of adds you waste about 5 gcds on a banished mob and you don't mind sear on one of the hides which leads to slightly lower than possible twist of fate uptime, which between them probably add another k dps or so. There are occasional gaps, usually after mind flay casts which will add up a bit:

[20:18:26.321] Worldie casts Mind Flay on Lei Shi
[20:18:27.262] Worldie Mind Flay Lei Shi 29279
[20:18:28.068] Worldie Mind Flay Lei Shi 29278
[20:18:28.107] Worldie Mind Flay Lei Shi 29279
[20:18:29.666] Worldie casts Shadow Word: Pain on Lei Shi (1.5 second gap between mf third tick and next cast)

as well as occasional imprecision in clipping:

[20:18:56.797] Worldie casts Mind Flay on Lei Shi
[20:18:57.886] Worldie Mind Flay Lei Shi 21580 <- tick 1
[20:18:58.718] Worldie Mind Flay Lei Shi *44455* <- tick 2
[20:18:59.486] Worldie's Mind Flay fades from Lei Shi
[20:18:59.492] Worldie casts Shadow Word: Pain on Lei Shi
[20:18:59.836] Lei Shi's Shadow Word: Pain is refreshed by Worldie

If you meant to clip this after mf2 you were 0.7 seconds off, more likely you wanted to cast sw:p right after third tick but misjudged it slightly and went slightly early. Or perhaps you're applying the behaviour of chain casting flays by recasting after second tick to other spells out of habit, when you shouldn't be.
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:31 am

I'm unsure about the right mind flay usage.

My teacher told me to chainclip mindflay if i have to spam it because it follows the DoTs rule (new tick doesnt get delayed if i recast during channel), and when I have 1 free GCD before a dot refresh or mb/swd recast, I should always allow 2 ticks of mf (basically "wasting" 0.5 seconds) before interrupting it for the new cast.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:48 am

If chaincasting flay you cast the next one any time after the second tick, that's correct.

If casting a different spell after flay you either want to clip it right after the second tick or let it go to conclusion, that's also right. 0.5 seconds I'd consider a bit generous personally, but it depends on your latency/stability of your connection, I'd only wait 0.3 seconds after a tick to clip. As your haste is constant rather than changing dynamically due to trinket procs it ought to be possible to get a feel of this down to a pretty small margin assuming a stable connection, especially if you're using a castbar which shows ticks, though inevitably during hero you'll end up a bit less precise.
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 am

Need help.

My DPS was top notch (well, just slightly below simmed) in 5.1, however since 5.2 I'm doing something totally wrong since the other SP in my raid with similar if not inferior gear is now hitting 10-20k dps more than me costantly.

I have this parse from yday
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ooe1vqjtsmogn348/
I've been even trying out different talent setups but the results were always comparable: anyone can explain me what am I doing wrong?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:00 am

Worldie wrote:Need help.

My DPS was top notch (well, just slightly below simmed) in 5.1, however since 5.2 I'm doing something totally wrong since the other SP in my raid with similar if not inferior gear is now hitting 10-20k dps more than me costantly.

I have this parse from yday
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ooe1vqjtsmogn348/
I've been even trying out different talent setups but the results were always comparable: anyone can explain me what am I doing wrong?

Well, can't see parse, but there were nerfs.. Are you using SW:I and Power Infusion? From what I read on H2P, that's the best setup, gonna try it myself.

There also appears to be a problem with the 4-pc bonus on T15 at the moment, a fix for the bug hasn't been mentioned yet.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes