Troll lore and future expansion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Troll lore and future expansion

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Damn, I really was aging some of these people >.>

Thanks for that, Bldavis, it gave me things to consider today while running since I left my ipod at home.

The instance group is only there due to the Infinite Flight doing something with the time line.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:20 am

lol im glad i could help..
most of my lore knowledge is based on things i have read or heard over 4 years of playing, so not all of it is accurate, or the most up to date
but if i can help give some thought provoking ideas, or generate discussion, i am glad to share it (and if i am wrong, i love to find out what is right)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 am

No, it's quite alright. I've been playing for quite some time and I just really dated WC1-3. I think it probably stems from reading some of the books in which Rhonin goes back in time and that's just got me all f'd up.

On another note...I didn't know he died when Theramore blew up...............why wasn't this mentioned considering how big he's been.......
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:24 am

Fenrìr wrote:No, it's quite alright. I've been playing for quite some time and I just really dated WC1-3. I think it probably stems from reading some of the books in which Rhonin goes back in time and that's just got me all f'd up.

On another note...I didn't know he died when Theramore blew up...............why wasn't this mentioned considering how big he's been.......

Probably the same reason folks (that hadn't read the books) had to wander around Ironforge to figure out why there was this council and where Magni had gone off to.

/sourgrapesaboutthebooks
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:28 am

But if Rhonin died when Theramore got destroyed... why is he still in Dalaran? °_°
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Invisusira » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:30 am

KysenMurrin wrote:The destruction of the World Tree was the ending of WC3. It was not thousands of years ago. In WC3, the Scourge was created to weaken the world in advance of the Legion invasion, which was led by Archimonde, who was killed at the Battle of Mount Hyjal during which the tree was damaged. (And then the Scourge storyline was taken up again in the expansion pack.)

Was going to say... the entire game led up to it; it's not like it just came out of nowhere.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_%28unofficial%29
http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_%28from ... e,_2010%29
Invisusira

Postby Invisusira » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:32 am

Worldie wrote:But if Rhonin died when Theramore got destroyed... why is he still in Dalaran? °_°

But if the Lich King is dead, and Bolvar Fordragon died with him, how come the entire Death Knight start zone? °-°
Invisusira

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:46 am

Death Knights are actually the only class whose levelling path still makes sense, since (other than a trip to SW) they don't have to see any Cataclysm content until they're level 80. DKs start a few years ago and work their way up to now. Everyone else starts recently and then jumps around in time for 20 levels. ;)

Edit: Except Pandas. They're all over the place from the start.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:03 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Edit: Except Pandas. They're all over the place from the start.

*Play Dr Who theme and out pops a panda in a suit and fez*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 am

All continuity issues can be explained away if you imagine chromie as your initial questgiver in any zone, with the text: "Well, you didn't have anything better going on and this time could use some help."

that's what I do ;)
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:24 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Death Knights are actually the only class whose levelling path still makes sense, since (other than a trip to SW) they don't have to see any Cataclysm content until they're level 80. DKs start a few years ago and work their way up to now. Everyone else starts recently and then jumps around in time for 20 levels. ;)

Edit: Except Pandas. They're all over the place from the start.

I'd never thought about it that way... but yeah, the DKs are really the only group that sees a progression that makes much sense (though I'm not sure they still run through the old stormwind gates...)
benebarba

Postby Passionario » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 am

Worldie wrote:But if Rhonin died when Theramore got destroyed... why is he still in Dalaran? °_°

If a character dies on page 200, why is he still alive on page 15?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:22 am

Passionario wrote:

If a character dies on page 200, why is he still alive on page 15?

not quite, in this case, since they did remove General Marcus Jonathan from Stormwind after Theramore, even though stormwind is still sort of stuck in the past (with the exception of the pandas showing up in a back corner).
benebarba

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:22 am

benebarba wrote:All continuity issues can be explained away if you imagine chromie as your initial questgiver in any zone, with the text: "Well, you didn't have anything better going on and this time could use some help."

that's what I do ;)

The easiest way to deal with any of the continuity issues is to consider all non-90 toons as starting at some point in the past, and you are basically bringing them through time up to the current time. No fresh toon is really starting at the "current" time, they are all stuck at some point in the past, even though that point gets adjusted now and then (refresh of starting zones in Cata, etc).

So, yeah, your baby toons are getting mail from someone in the future, and when they get to the capital cities they see things and people from the future.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:38 am

I like that take on it.

There are some points in the early game that break the chronological continuity, like having valkyr rezzing forsaken in deathknell. Didn't undeads just sort of "wake up" on their own without any help from the valks in vanilla?
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General