Remove Advertisements

Troll lore and future expansion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Troll lore and future expansion

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 am

benebarba wrote:Given how much troll makes it into seemingly every expansion, regardless of how much a non-sequitor it seems, would a troll expansion not actually have trolls in it?
;)

"Meta-Troll expansion"

All hyped up to be about trolls, actually is about demons and trolls are removed from the game.
Chunes

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 am

Chunes wrote:
benebarba wrote:Given how much troll makes it into seemingly every expansion, regardless of how much a non-sequitor it seems, would a troll expansion not actually have trolls in it?
;)

"Meta-Troll expansion"

All hyped up to be about trolls, actually is about demons and trolls are removed from the game.

I don't know about removal, but they can go to that same place everyone wanted to send Thrall during the HoT/DS days.

Odd thought, because I can't recall if it is discussed anywhere... so, uh, the Nelves are still getting used to this whole 'mortality' thing, right? (Didn't Archimonde only destroy the world tree like 10-15 years ago in lore time, meaning most of the living night elf adults would have lived rather long lives without fear of aging, sickness, etc?) and we have the whole Dwarven council (which I guess is being addressed) & displaced/homeless humans pissed off at the Wrynns leftover from Cata (after crushing the Defias again, I don't recall things becoming all kumbaya in Westfall). And have the Dranei just gone on vacation, hoping no one notices they still haven't fixed up their house?

And the writers have trouble coming up with stuff to write about for the Alliance?
benebarba

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:16 am

No, it's been thousands of years since Archi destroyed the World Tree. The manifestation you see now is the new world tree which was blessed by the Aspects. There was a brief time in which Fandal corrupted it and almost killed Shando (hence why he's in prison in the Emerald Dream in Hyjal).
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 am

The blood elf citadel is broken as well! Huge scar right through it.
...there's a lot of broken/unfinished cities going on, isn't there? :lol:

I actually miss Dalaran being the main city!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Amirya » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 am

Fenrìr wrote:No, it's been thousands of years since Archi destroyed the World Tree. The manifestation you see now is the new world tree which was blessed by the Aspects. There was a brief time in which Fandal corrupted it and almost killed Shando (hence why he's in prison in the Emerald Dream in Hyjal).

Er...I thought the one Archimonde destroyed also featured Jaina and Thrall setting up camps. They certainly are not thousands of years old.

I must be missing lore somewhere.

Edit: Because I'm aging Jaina and Thrall, but they deserve it!
Last edited by Amirya on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 am

Amirya wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:No, it's been thousands of years since Archi destroyed the World Tree. The manifestation you see now is the new world tree which was blessed by the Aspects. There was a brief time in which Fandal corrupted it and almost killed Shando (hence why he's in prison in the Emerald Dream in Hyjal).

Er...I thought the one Archimonde destroyed also featured Jaina and Thrall setting up camps. They certainly are thousands of years old.

I must be missing lore somewhere.

I thought the same thing, that it occurred within recent years (in the RTS) as Medivh, Jaina and Thrall were present at the original event, and we only go back into the caverns of time (in WoW) to ensure it works out the same way it originally did.

http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Battle_of_M ... f_Warcraft)

edited to add: and unless I'm missing something as well, it sounds like nozdormu still hadn't blessed Teldrassil (Ysera and Alextrasa did, apparently) when the aspects lost their powers after defeating DW, and the newly regrown Nordrassil may or may not have reversed the loss of immortality (not discussed - which would just be one of many dangling stories in cata).
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:04 am

Era wrote:The blood elf citadel is broken as well! Huge scar right through it.
...there's a lot of broken/unfinished cities going on, isn't there? :lol:

I actually miss Dalaran being the main city!

Well, what do you expect with how we apparently treat the masons of Azeroth :P
benebarba

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Eh...I think Nozdormu did. Now I'm gonna have to find that book and flip to the end.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:53 pm

thrall and jaina were transported there via the bronze flight iirc

the destruction of Nordrassil was a thousand years ago, the recent burning legion attack was kil'jaden in the sunwell
that was only a few years ago lore timeline wise

you need to remember that the first/second wars (Warcraft 1 and 2) were only about 20-25 yrs ago this ended with the orcs in interment camps..where thrall was born...never realized how young he was...
thrall leads the orcs to kalimdor, and we deal with the scourge in WC3 - 5-10 years ago
vanilla - 8-10 yrs ago
dark portal reopened, and we go to draenor to deal with the burning legion there - 6-8 yrs ago
scourge is acting up again, so we go to northrend - ~4 yrs ago
after we defeat the LK (takes about 1 1/2 yrs), deathwing emerges again (about 6 months later based on things i have read)
it takes us about 2 years to clean up and kill dw, so we are up to what...1 1/2 years ago?
we find pandaria and the heroes (that the players) get sent in as a scouting party
3-6 months later, the invasion starts in full swing (5.1) a few months after that we stop fighting each other and start focusing on the thunder king (do all 4 stages of IoT to get why)
that is where we are currently

we know the bronze dragonflight will send parties of heroes forward, and esp backward, in time to make sure things go as they should
we went back to the siege of stratholme that was during the start of the 3rd war, we have gone back to the well of eternity when azshara was trying to help get sargaras into azeroth, we have gone forward to see what would happen if deathwing was not stopped, we have gone back to make sure the dark portal was opened
and most importantly..we have gone back to make sure archimode does not succeed in ...what ever he was trying to do on hyjal ten thousand years ago

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 pm

The destruction of the World Tree was the ending of WC3. It was not thousands of years ago. In WC3, the Scourge was created to weaken the world in advance of the Legion invasion, which was led by Archimonde, who was killed at the Battle of Mount Hyjal during which the tree was damaged. (And then the Scourge storyline was taken up again in the expansion pack.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:09 pm

shit..the sundering was 10k years ago...dammit
my bad

i guess thats what i get for not playing the WC games, and having to rely on my memory of what i have read, sometimes years ago

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Besides which, Thrall and Jaina were in Kalimdor at the behest of Medivh, not the Bronze Flight. The instance group is the Bronze guinea pigs.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Amirya wrote:Besides which, Thrall and Jaina were in Kalimdor at the behest of Medivh, not the Bronze Flight. The instance group is the Bronze guinea pigs.

and I forget why you get sent back... probably the infinite dragonflight getting up to no good like they did in the one where you free thrall?
benebarba

Postby Amirya » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:05 pm

I believe so, but how they were going to do that I don't think was ever explained. I don't recall any evidence of the Infinite Flight in Mt Hyjal.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Amirya wrote:Besides which, Thrall and Jaina were in Kalimdor at the behest of Medivh, not the Bronze Flight. The instance group are the Bronze guinea pigs.

add and only doing a raid once to the previous list

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General