[10N] Lei Shen

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Lei Shen

Postby Schroom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Sagara wrote:Stupid question: anyone knows how to make the pillar energy levels visible (not the level 1 2 3, just the energy bar number)?

I use: CPBA: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/customplayerpowerbaralt
Schroom

Postby Sagara » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Odd. I thought it was possible to see those with the standart UI, at least to see a numerical version of the energy levels on each conduit's bar.

EDIT: Fatboss video, 56 seconds in See those energy levels on the side panel? THAT's the kind of thing I'm looking for - quick-glance energy levels.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:30 am

Those are part of the minimap Chinchilla.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:38 am

/hugs

Thanks!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Thels » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:49 am

What order are people taking out the pillars in? Right now we're taking out the Diffusion chain one first, because not being able to hug is quite a hassle (especially if you're required to hug at the same time). The movie I watched suggested Static Shock, which we quickly veered away from. I'm also thinking that if you remove the bouncing balls, you can all be together in the 2nd transition phase, or will the overcharges wreck you?

Also, does the 4/4/1/1 tactic work? How do the teams of 4 deal with Overcharge. Do they split up in 2 minigroups of 2? I guess the melee in those groups can "tank" the Diffusion mobs. And what about second transition? Will it become 4/4/2/2?

We're likely going with:
Tanks: Warrior, Paladin
Melee: Warrior, Druid
Ranged: Hunter, Mage, Warlock
Healers: Disc, Disc, Monk (Our Druid and Shaman are having a break)
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:17 am

Well, you can't do a 4/4/2/2 unless you're hacking the game =p

We run 2/2/3/3 and the 2/2 are the two tanks and two people who can solo soak a shock.

We personally remove the Chain and overcharge (?) (the one just to the right of Chain). I'm not entirely sure of what pillar is taken out as I'm still pretty new to it compared to the attempts my guild did when I was gone.

Your raid set up is almost like ours, minus we two heal it with one of our discs going shadow. So our pillars are
Warrior tank/mage
paladin tank/shadow
warrior/disc/hunter (in the area that will be shut off)
shaman/druid healer/warlock.

Second intermisson goes

Warrior tank/mage/disc
paladin tank/shadow/hunter
warrior/druid/shaman/lock
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 am

4/4/1/1 with each 1 being a tank works great for us. We set people up so people who can't solo soak are evenly distributed. In the case of double Bouncing Ball in a tank quadrant we pick up the add and just tank it. I usually grab any adds that spawn from people making me want to put my Cure playlist on iTunes and start cutting myself by not paying attention, pop HA/AW and derp along until transition is over.

Second transition it's 4/4/2 with the 2 being tanks.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks for the update, and I indeed meant 4/4/2/- during the second transition.

Putting a tank and a nontank together seems like a fail to me, as then all four quadrants will have specials used on them. Having only tanks in a quadrant makes at least those quadrants a little easier...
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Thels » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:16 pm

We tried 4/4/1/1 but didn't like it, so we went back to 3/3/2/2 with one 2 being the two tanks.

During the 2nd intermission, we actually did 4/4/2/- where the 2 was a tank (me) and a monk healer, who just soaked all the nasty stuff with CDs, and that eventually got him down.

Also, do not taunt too fast! We taunted every time our debuffs ran out, and the boss got taunt immune...
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Magnilda » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCuDJiT7ncc

We do the 4/1/4/1 in the first transition and then 4/2/4 in the second one. With the 1 & 2 being tanks. It's incredibly boring and easy.
Magnilda

Postby Galiks » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:15 pm

anyone clearing this on normal tonight please try the whole raid stacking on the tank or very near/in front for phase 2 (following the first intermission) and PM me with what happens ;)
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby lakhesis » Sat May 18, 2013 7:29 am

Thels wrote:Also, do not taunt too fast! We taunted every time our debuffs ran out, and the boss got taunt immune...

Yeah, we've been killing him for a month or so & just realised this on a wipe this week.

Lei Shen has Diminishing Returns turned On.

Lordy knows why... but it means if you want to guarantee no taunt issues, you need to take him up to 18 stacks in the final phase prior to tank swapping.

Apparently all our previous kills we'd had at least one immunity on the 6th taunt, and worked around it without particularly noticing.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby PsiVen » Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 pm

It's probably so that you can't trivialize the charging mechanic by taunting him in and out of pillar range. We do quite a lot of this by dragging him around manually and his hitbox is so large that it's kind of a pain, but it's worthwhile (we never charge the Overload or Bouncing Bolt platforms anymore). If you were able to taunt ping the entire time, you'd never need to move from a pillar and the price paid in raid damage would be minimal.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Darielle » Sun May 26, 2013 2:21 pm

PsiVen wrote:It's probably so that you can't trivialize the charging mechanic by taunting him in and out of pillar range. We do quite a lot of this by dragging him around manually and his hitbox is so large that it's kind of a pain, but it's worthwhile (we never charge the Overload or Bouncing Bolt platforms anymore). If you were able to taunt ping the entire time, you'd never need to move from a pillar and the price paid in raid damage would be minimal.

I think pretty much every boss has DR's active, you just don't really run into the "taunt that often" thing. It's an easy trap to fall into because Lei Shen is probably the only person in recent times who actually has a debuff that isn't like a minute long.

I'm sure if we tried standing 30 yards apart and chaintaunting Malak or something, we'd hit DR too.
Darielle

Postby PsiVen » Sun May 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Yeah, you're probably right. Just not something that comes up often.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)