Remove Advertisements

Guild Wars 2

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Era » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Played a little bit today, started a Ranger, which is a very not-me class. Usually prefer casters or support (tanky/healy things). Finding it all right enough; I enjoy swapping between sword/torch and shortbow. Playing with some friends who recently picked up the game again, so I might swap back to my ele or my warrior when we reach the level I left them off at.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Era » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Been playing a bit again recently, making some alts and whatnot.

Feel free to discard dyes, only thoughtfully dyed ones are Necro and Warrior.
Guardian, Warrior, Necromancer, Thief(new), Elementalist.

EDIT:
Just got sent this. SO FABULOUS~
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Gracerath » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:45 am

I'm kind of in a rough spot. The new guild mission stuff basically killed any chance for my group of friends to come back and take part of that content. They tend to be a xenophobic bunch and making new friends is hard. Since we were such a small group, there was basically no way we could make use of the new content at any reasonable pace. (That may have changed by now, I think they added some guild missions to earn bigger chunks of influence with a small group, I dunno). At any rate, I find myself without anyone to play with. It is my own fault though. There certainly isn't a lack of guilds to join, I just have a very difficult time with new groups of people.

I really hope that they add an in game group finder. With WoW, even though I wasn't all that social, I was able to do group content any time I wanted to BE social. For as social as GW2 tries to be, the fact that they don't have one really boggles the mind. Having to use external sites is asanine and no one likes spamming chat in big cities.

Oh well. I guess I'll just be stuck until an expansion or something. The sad part is, I told myself way back when I started that this was going to be different but I tell you what, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Yeah, I'm only leveling alts, really. Oh, and messing about in the Super Adventure Box - I actually quite liked that one. :lol:
I'm really disappointed about the lack of soloability with the instanced content. Big part of it being the complete lack of henchmen/heroes; I always felt that was a huge part in making GW1 what it was. I played through more or less all of GW1 with just 1-2 friends + the AI. Worked brilliantly. Wonder why they cut it from GW2. I guess with an open world it'd put more stress on the servers if everyone were running around with 1-4 AI. But at least allow it for the instanced content! :( As you say, there's people to play with of course, but I wanted to just sit back and enjoy the game with my old GW1 friends.

Oh, and I want second professions, like in GW1. I am thoroughly sick and tired of my main classes. And I really feel like most of the utility and elite skills are either incredibly uninteresting or simply useless. :(

Wishlist:
1. Heroes/Henchmen
2. Second profession
3. Hairdresser. SERIOUSLY. :<

I get that their main source of income is the micro-transactions, but really, just give us a hairdresser already. People have been asking for it since the GW1 betas (possibly alphas, what do I know)... :(
Era

Postby Era » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Not mine, but had to post it. Loved the look:

Era

Postby Gracerath » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:06 am

Nice. I'm not too crazy about that helm but the rest is good. I especially like the chest piece (tee hee boobs). I'm using it on my Elementalist. Getting groups to run Crucible of Eternity at the time was super annoying but I got it done. My next goal is to get CoE gloves and then Sorrow's Embrace boots and I'll be finished. I just picked up a new gaming rig so I'm hoping I'll start playing the game more now that I can enjoy it with higher graphical settings.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:51 am

Nice! I've been wanting a new gaming rig for quite some time, but I can't quite justify buying one when my current one still runs all the games I play on medium settings (although lower range of medium if I want to be completely lag-free).

I'm currently using an Alienware M17x laptop, so it's not just a quick matter of upgrading a vcard or something either. I don't dare fiddle around inside laptops, at least not any deeper than HDDs and maybe RAM.

But yeah, I've sort of re-ignited my eagerness for GW2 a little bit through playing some new alts. But the game is still fighting me, just last night I had a story quest bug up completely and then the game crashed, and kept crashing after character screen. Haven't tried logging on yet today, hope it's gone/fixed. T_T
Era

Postby bldavis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 am

even though i have 8 90s in wow...my highest toon in GW is only...53? maybe 56..my charr eng is in the mid 50s

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:46 pm

My necromancer is 80 and dressed in some fancy sylvari Culture armour (T2 I think it was), though she hasn't completed the personal story or done much dungeons.
My elementalist is 43, my guardian is 37 and my warrior is 27. Last slot is undetermined.
Era

Postby bldavis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:33 pm

lets see..
Charr Eng - lvl 55
Norn Mesmer - lvl 14
Norn Ranger - lvl 14
Asura Ele - lvl 21
Sylvari War - lvl 9
Human Theif - lvl 40

i plan to add a prob asura necro and a norn guardian to the mix when i get some cash and can buy more gems

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 pm

I think I might cash out for a recustomization of my guardian if I enjoy the class/character enough to take her to 80 and start playing seriously. Didn't really spend a lot of time with the character customization when making her, which is odd for me - I usually spend ages. >_>
Era

Postby Eltiana » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Been a while since I posted here. 2 Level 80s (Warrior and Necromancer)a 74 Engineer, and a level 9 Guardian. And the only one I'm really happy with atm is my Necro lol. Just need to find the right niche I want my other characters to be in >_<
Eltiana

Postby Era » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 am

Thread needs more character screenshots imo!
Era

Postby Gracerath » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:42 am

My warrior rocking T2 cultural. It looks good and was affordable.

Elementalist

Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Warrior literally made me giggle with manly glee (surely there is such a thing).
"Holy shit that's one massive dude!" :lol:

Both of them look great! Love the dye jobs.
What armour is that on the Ele? Some random bits?
Era

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games