Troll lore and future expansion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:56 am

I'm now thinking it's a toss-up: Either Burning Legion invasion expansion, or Zandalari Empire. I'd prefer Zandalari with more build up for demons in the following expansion, personally, but we know the invasion is coming either way.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:01 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I'm now thinking it's a toss-up: Either Burning Legion invasion expansion, or Zandalari Empire. I'd prefer Zandalari with more build up for demons in the following expansion, personally, but we know the invasion is coming either way.

True, but I think the Zandalari would be anti-clamatic after defeating the Burning Legion. (Unless Blizz paints it as the Zandalari are trying to take advantage of the devastation caused by the Burning Legion).

Of course, if we do fight the empire first, that means another xpac of kissing up to Wrathion for KmartLegendaries.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:08 am

I don't know, I think with Wrathion revealing his big plan to us in the next patch, his story is likely to take a big turn in 5.4. I don't think we're going to go along with his "unite the world by conquest" thing.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I don't know, I think with Wrathion revealing his big plan to us in the next patch, his story is likely to take a big turn in 5.4. I don't think we're going to go along with his "unite the world by conquest" thing.

So along with Garrosh, we have to defeat Wrathion too? Deathwing the sequel? Was wondering what they were going to do for other bosses in the Garrosh beat-down. Also wonder where the raid will actually be in Org.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:16 am

I don't see Wrathion as being an enemy. He's basically like "yeah my dad was a complete douchecanoe thanks for offing him he was a total dick and here in return I'll try to help you avoid obliterating the entirety of Azeroth."
Teranoid

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:25 am

I don't think he'll be an enemy we have to fight, no. I think our relationship with him could become a more complicated, though, and less just straightforward "here's some nice stuff".

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shoju » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 am

Chunes wrote:
Dear God. You can see why he wanted them killed.

Watch, next expansion will be a break in the trend:

Full troll expansion, with one token "non-troll" raid thrown in 75% through the expac.

Mark my words.

I wouuld consider coming back for a troll expac.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:44 pm

i would love a troll expansion!
(and might consider race changing my lock or my dk to a troll, both are foresaken right now)
or maybe my belf rogue...but she would also need name changed and switched to male...so nm

anyway..with how things are looking right now with the backing the mogu get from the zandilari, and the fact trolls can already be locks, i would say that the next expansion is troll, in which they get increasingly desperate as we get closer and closer to shutting them down, and their last act is to call upon the burning legion or something to get us into burning legion expansion (sargeras as last boss?)

ive given up hope of an emerald dream expansion at this point

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:32 pm

They could do an emerald dream & troll expansion for level 95, exploring both at once - and then Burning Legion for the supposedly final level 100. Carve our way through the Zandalari for the first two patches, then the emerald dream on the two last, or something.

And yeah, I think I'd definitely return for a troll and/or emerald dream expansion. Preferably with new character models all 'round. And maybe a little more paladin compatibility on the Horde side... I mean, when you can slide in tauren paladins, you can slide in orcs or trolls as well, imo.

Though, with new and shiny character models, it'd be a fresh hell to try and figure out what race to go as... :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shoju » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:44 pm

You would go troll. There are no other races.
Shoju

Postby Era » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:01 pm

I could be ok with that. Hand me the reins of my holy raptor, I'mma go shine da light on some Zandalari entrails, mon.

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:03 pm

I'd be sad if it was a troll expac.

I actually loathe the "troll chapter" of each expansion, owing mostly to my lack of love for the troll aesthetic (tribal, hoodoo/voodoo masks feathers, blah)

If no emerald dream happens, then I am really hoping for an offensive into the demonic realms. I'd love to have a Vashjir analogue zone or zones that happen in undefined regions of the twisting nether. I'd love to assault the eredar strongholds on argus (if it indeed exists) and I think the penultimate tier of progression would ideally be happening on the nathrezim homeworld, wherever that may be.

Then the final tier we finally get to kill sargeras since, you know, he's been MIA for the entire game so far.

I'm sort of tired of the whole titan storylines and their associated lore. I think it's time to move the story forward instead of fleshing out more "origins" stories.
Chunes

Postby Era » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Well, Sargeras is right in the middle of the Titan storylines though, and he would be the ultimate badguy - but I still feel there's unfinished business with the Old Gods and indeed to some extent the Nathrezim.

And I would love more Vashj'ir! I actually really loved that zone. Found it incredibly beautiful!
Era

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:03 am

Don't forget we still have to defeat Azshara at some point ;)
Even though that would relate to the Burning Legion pretty well

Uhm this moved quite offtopic... any idea to a title to give to a split topic?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Future expansions mumbling

Postby bldavis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:22 am

future xpansion ideas?

as for horde pallies
it was really down to the tauren with the sunwalkers or....undead?
trolls and orcs arent cut out for being a paladin, they have too chaotic of spirits/pasts
goblins...how do you bribe the light?
belfs - already are pallies

undead - i can MAYBE see them but with the light physically causing them pain, would be interesting
i could see the lore for undead ret pallies, but healadins and tankadins are iffy

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General