Changing DBM language

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Changing DBM language

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Ok this is an hard one.

Essentially, I play with Italian client, this causes DBM to display warnings and names in Italian, both confusing me (as guides usually report english names of abilities) and my guildies (who can't realize what warning my DBM just said in /say or /yell).

I've looked around for ways to turn DBM in English but I found absolutely nothing, and I have no knowledge of LUAs to do it on my own (if that's even worth doing it).

Does anyone know how I can change the language of my addon?

Alternatively, does anyone know if BigWigs or DeusEx have this issue as well?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Changing DBM language

Postby _Chloe » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Most Addons poll your client's locale for that data. I suppose you could hard code it to always select English. You also might be able to secure hook that function to make it always return English (I'm assuming you want enGB). Let me see what I can cook up quickly.

Also are you running the client in English or in Italian?
_Chloe

Postby _Chloe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:13 am

Locale Changer

I hope this is what you wanted lol. It will make the function call GetLocale() to always return enUS, essentially making addons be in English as long as they are localized. You can also change it to whatever language you want, just change the return in main.lua.
_Chloe

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 am

Gonna try it out right now, hope it works!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby _Chloe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:58 am

Awesome, just let me know.
_Chloe

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:01 am

Well it's working for what I can tell (skada, dbm message, msbt messages all appear in english)
It caused some errors at login (with Auctinator and EPGP Lootmaster not recognizing gear types as far as I understood) but both addons seemb to be still working without any issue.

I'm trying to get in a LFR so I can check if the DBM messages also appear in english.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 am

:( Sadly didn't change anything in DBM :(

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby _Chloe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 am

Go into Addons\DBM-Core\ and change localization.it to localization.it_old. Then copy localization.en and rename it localization.it

Hopefully that should do it.
_Chloe

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:40 am

Problem is there's a localization.it in every dbm subfolder... I don't think it's viable to change like 100 files everytime there's a dbm update >.<
I think I'll give BW and DV a go.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby _Chloe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Worldie wrote:Problem is there's a localization.it in every dbm subfolder... I don't think it's viable to change like 100 files everytime there's a dbm update >.<
I think I'll give BW and DV a go.

Blah. Good luck :(
_Chloe

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros