Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby econ21 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Tanking Lei Shen LFR. Phew. Six wipes, two raid leaders and 180g repairs later, downed him.

Now I understand why the tank queue was projected to be 43 seconds.

I had to laugh when my co-tank left to go cook dinner and the replacement whispered "New here. What do you want me to do?"
econ21

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Can you sum up Lei shen LFR tanking for me? I want to do it with my fellow cotank on alts but I only know the dps tactics for the boss and have no clue about tanking mechanics.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:36 pm

I am still little fuzzy, but this is what I did:

(1) Phase 1: Mark each pillar with a raid marker and assign one group (each with a healer) to go into each quadrant in the first transition (fifth group could float). Start the fight when Lei Shen is by the West pillar (the bouncing whatsit one) and tank him close to it (you'll easily see if you are close enough, there will be bright lines on the floor as if charged), until the energy bar gets 8/10 full (roughly). Then move him to the next pillar, we went clockwise, not that it matters. After that, move to each pillar about 5 seconds (or a little longer) after thundershock. Taunt off each other on decapitate; decapitated tank run as far away from boss as can (but it's not very dangerous).

(2) Transition: nothing very tanky; each group goes to their quadrant.

(3) Phase 2: If Phase 1 went smooth, west pillar should be down so move boss to an adjacent one (we went counterclockwise, to North) and stay there until energy bar is about 8/10 full, then move to the other pillars. One pillar will have to get to full energy and overload and you want it to be one next to the destroyed west one. Didn't need a tank swap on this phase on LFR, although normal tactics say one is necessary.

(3) Transition: can't recall much tbh. Someone said we should move some to the west quadrant, but as it had been destroyed early, I did not take the chance and go there.

(4) Phase 3: Tank and spank. You'll only have half the room now. I read about taunting at 10 stacks of overwhelming power, but could not easily find the buff and DBM did not warn me. We taunted off each other a couple of times, but the damage did not feel that dangerous (unlike when decapitated).

Having written that, it does not sound much but the fight seemed rather overwhelming in how much stuff was going on, how many adds (sometimes) spawned and how fast it could all go pear-shaped (usually if a tank tried to lead the raid into a quadrant where the pillar had earlier been destroyed).

I guess it's one of those fights where if the tanks don't know tactics (as I confess I did not when I arrived), it's going to be rough.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Sum it up for stupids: what do tanks do in LFR? I don't care of the whole normal tactic, I can bet all mechanics can be ignored on LFR anyway.
Only thing I know is that you move the boss from pillar to pillar before they charge up, but I know there's tank swap and random shit going on in melee I have no knowledge of.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Azure drake get!

Fuck off Maly!

(Sadly though this means the only raid boss I have left that I can solo farm every week is Alysrazor) :(

Edit: Oh and Yak get as well!

Spent 308k gold in the past 3 days.. yeesh. Totally worth it though.
Teranoid

Postby Nordix » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 pm

>Leveling a pvp alt dk
>Named it Jeffvader
>Made a guild "Runs the Deathstar"
>someone got the joke

SUCCESS
Nordix

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Worldie wrote:Sum it up for stupids: what do tanks do in LFR? I don't care of the whole normal tactic, I can bet all mechanics can be ignored on LFR anyway.
Only thing I know is that you move the boss from pillar to pillar before they charge up, but I know there's tank swap and random shit going on in melee I have no knowledge of.

Probably the biggest thing is that you need to control the boss time on the pillars to get one to be knocked offline.

Second thing is that you'll need to help the clueless dps on interrupting on each square to limit the number of adds that pop out.

Third is you'll need to explain it.. :lol:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Nordix wrote:>Leveling a pvp alt dk
>Named it Jeffvader
>someone got the joke

SUCCESS

I'll have the Penne alla Arrabiata
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nordix » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Nordix wrote:>Leveling a pvp alt dk
>Named it Jeffvader
>someone got the joke

SUCCESS

I'll have the Penne alla Arrabiata

You'Ll need a tray.
Nordix

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Nordix wrote:You'Ll need a tray.

Oh I see, the food is hot. I'm sorry I, I did not realize. Hah hah! I thought you were challenging me to a fight to the death.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:28 pm

1/13 heroic in 25 man :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:22 pm

3/12 =D
---
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 pm

gratz both of you!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:13 am

Got a LFR starting on Twins to try out my haste setup.
Ended up solotanking the whole freaking thing. Although for the record, 8 stacks of fan is stressfull, getting 96k dps and second place on healing is GOOD for the ego.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:37 am

Sagara wrote:Got a LFR starting on Twins to try out my haste setup.
Ended up solotanking the whole freaking thing. Although for the record, 8 stacks of fan is stressfull, getting 96k dps and second place on healing is GOOD for the ego.

We killed the shadow twin before the end of P1 in LFR on Wednesday.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General