[10H] Durumu

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Durumu

Postby Donatist » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:24 am

I was surprised Galiks hasn't posted on this yet! But, one tanked it last night with Clemency and 2 healers.

I took the first debuff to 6 stacks before BoPing it off. Then let it fall during the first death beam phase. I ended up BoPing it off in the second colorblind phase since the damage that goes out is much higher the with regeneration beam also stunning healers. I also save all my CDs for this phase. (Cept HA gotta HA for the deeps.)

Finally I bubbled at the end of the phase around 4 stacks again to save healers mana ( you may be able to not bubble here if the healer are keeping up with you. Mine werent so i bubbled) Make sure you never LoH yourself to clear the debuff and that the hpally if you have one doesnt either. From a tanking perspective its very similar to Horridon timing your ShoTr for Hard Stare and GG. We did kill it before the 3rd colorblind phase but if you reach it you will have both BoPs up to clear the debuff.

Any questions Ill try and respond, but it really is an easy one tank fight with a similar tank strat similar to Horridon. (Just dont stack to 14 :)~)

I forgot to add: I reduced my stam to about 650k buffed to make it easier to top me up.
Donatist

Re: Durumu (10H)

Postby Grommash » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 am

1 heal, 2 tanks seems to be the way to go? How did you guys deal with the new add/dot mechanic? Aside from that and the mass AoE every so often the encounter looks fairly straight forward.

I remember a lot of people saving raid CDs for the maze prior to the maze 'optimizations' and hence not having a lot for the color-blind phase. Now that the maze is pretty much fool proof it seems like you can probably just burn through raid CDs during the color-blind phase, which was probably what was intended.
Grommash

Postby Donatist » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 am

idk about 1 heal. 2 heal 1 tank was fine. We had 2 devos, 1 enhance CD (idk what its called), tranq and rallying cry for CDs as needed on colorblind.

The new add are actually 2 adds yellow. If you expose it before the third red is out you need to kill it and heal through the damage otherwise you can just ignore it. Position the yellow beam as best you can. The second coloblind phase starts with 3 ice walls so we just position everyone in one zone, the yellow takes the space between farthest from the two walls since it moves on its own.

This fight really is a dps fight and 2 heals 1 tanks lets you meet the dps requirements without any panic. So colorblind mode goes relatively fast meaning less overall damage. ice walls die fast which means less chance for yellow beam to move into a space the raid cant follow or being blocked out of the safe maze.

The dark parasite can be grounded by a shaman so thats super OP and probably not intended. Otherwise we just used personal CDs at about 10 seconds and dispelled it around 10 seconds left. Wasnt really a mechanic that cause any problems. Purity did not seem to work on the dark parasite.

The hardest part of the fight with two healing was putting both healers in blue beam and getting the rejuv beam in blue. The healers could easily fall behind on damage. During colorblind we let the beam do 3 ticks before swapping and during non colorblind 2 ticks was max. As the tank i never got into a color unless they asked me to and i never took a regen beam unless i was being a baddie.
Donatist

Postby Galiks » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:53 am

i enjoy the friendly environment and strategy sharing, friends. handle the fight as you do on normal with 1 tank/2 healers and you should find yourselves close to a kill very quickly.

only advice I can add is that the ice walls spawn in pre-determined locations at the North, Southeast, and Southwest directions around Durumu, so pre-position yourselves to be between those sectors. still probably won't wipe you, though.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby Donatist » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks in large part to the legendary gem i got me world 2 parse last night on this fight. Now for the horridon trinket....
Donatist

Postby Grommash » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Er 2 heal 1 tank, I derped lol.
Grommash

Postby todi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am

We just killed him with the strat 1 tank & 2 heal too. Resetting stacks first time @ 6, 7 and 4 and killed him with 2 or 3 stacks remaining. Pop up heavy CDs at colorblind phase.

@ Donatist:
What do you mean with "The dark parasite can be grounded by a shaman so thats super OP and probably not intended." ??
todi

Postby Donatist » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 am

The magic debuff that goes out will go onto a shaman grounding totem instead of a player and go in essence go away. We think only when in the shamans party but we avoided at least 3 of the debuffs entirely. Hope thats clearer.
Donatist

Re: [10H] Durumu

Postby Schroom » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm

yep lol @ Durumu downed it after only 14 trys.
Schroom

Postby Kai » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:27 pm

yeah, only needed a handful of attempts too. seems like outgearing makes this encounter massively easier as there's no really complicated mechanics. we just healed through the parasite debuff a couple of times too, only dispelling it when it was during the maze or beam phase.

expected this to be much worse. at least for us this was easier then council and megaera.
Kai

Postby Grommash » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:39 am

I think it was only really difficult with exceptionally awful gear (read first couple weeks/month). The hardest part is that life drain during the second spectrum IMO and if you have the DPS to beat the boss before the third spectrum you only realistically have one hurdle to pass. I can see why this boss was hard the first few weeks (although I imagine a few of the reasons were the bugs present on the encounter). The third spectrum really hurts, especially when you have to deal with drains during it.

We killed it prior to upgrades in a full night of attempts. Optimizing DPS we could kill it just as the third spectrum starts. Post upgrades we kill the boss before the second disintegration beam actually starts.

It's a lot like council when you compare the heroic versions. You just need to do normal fairly optimal, which isn't a lot to ask once you're that far along in progression. I like others still suggest one tank and two healing it. The damage on this encounter is incredibly small and your goal to getting a quick kill will be attempting to eliminate the third spectrum from even happening.
Grommash

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:19 am

I guess I feel a little silly that we didn't do this boss earlier, because it took us 3 attempts to get Durumu. I can't believe he is the least killed boss before Dark Animus... Oh well, by the numbers most still do Twins after Council/Megaera which seems equally insane.

FWIW we 1tank / 2healed and had 2:30 or so left on the Berserk. I think I managed to screw up my Forbearance so I had -80% healing received at the end and was still doing fine on the boss.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:22 pm

There's a weird timing that if you take a stack right before he does death beam, it won't reset in time before the first application after the beam is over.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:36 am

Grounding isn't really OP, because Parasite is pretty much a joke. It went on Psiven 2x on our kill, and I think I took one of the other ones as Cat so I just cooldowned through the entire thing. The adds are basically unnoticeable as long as you don't Chaos Bolt them.
Darielle

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 pm

So we started working on this this other night. Cruising along, make it to the second set of ice walls, and the fight erupts into a fountain of chaos and we all die horribly. How do you handle this phase?

We tried saving bloodlust for this, but it honestly didn't make too much of a difference. We tried grouping up into a single quadrant and focused on the walls before handling the adds, but that went horribly as well.

Any tips?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)