Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 am

Kai wrote:So their solution to T15 non-heroic set pieces being terrible for holy paladins due to the T15 set bonus being worth #$^# all compared to the T14 set bonus is ... to nerf the T14 set bonus? sweet. :?

Saw that conversation on Twitter the other day. Someone was arguing about how they'd never want to give up the T14 bonus for T15 gear because it was more powerful and fun in comparison. GC responded that they were happy with the T15 gear, but that the guy had convinced them to nerf the T14.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:35 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Kai wrote:So their solution to T15 non-heroic set pieces being terrible for holy paladins due to the T15 set bonus being worth #$^# all compared to the T14 set bonus is ... to nerf the T14 set bonus? sweet. :?

Saw that conversation on Twitter the other day. Someone was arguing about how they'd never want to give up the T14 bonus for T15 gear because it was more powerful and fun in comparison. GC responded that they were happy with the T15 gear, but that the guy had convinced them to nerf the T14.

Maybe they should think why people would prefer T14 over T15 in the first place
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:40 am

Fenris wrote:And right after making all tanks somewhat usefull in pvp with the resilience change,they go around making them crap again

Don't Flag carriers already take increased damage?

Klaudandus wrote:Maybe they should think why people would prefer T14 over T15 in the first place

They know full well why people like the T14 set. Holy Shock, Cast, Cast, Holy Shock, Cast, Cast, etc.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 am

Well yeah, but i mean.... Why not make t15 better?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:58 am

Klaudandus wrote:Well yeah, but i mean.... Why not make t15 better?

Escalation. Plus Daybreak gets a substantial baseline buff in 5.3 as well.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am

Flex wrote:Don't Flag carriers already take increased damage?

Over time they take progressively more damage from a sort of stacking debuff.

Problem with the current setup though is that with one decently geared tank-spec carrier and 2 decent geared healers, the carrier is just about immortal.

Hell, I was in my garbage gear last night as frost in blood presence and it took a 5 DPS dive to get through my 2 healers and my own cooldowns.

If I had some god-tier gear and was actually in blood spec, probably would have taken even more.

The attackers did wise up after about 20 seconds of just trying to outdamage the heals. Once they tunneled the weaker of the two healers it was just a matter of time until I was dead.
Chunes

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 am

@holinka on twitter, public facing PvP developer who was "hero" and slowly turning into "villain", mentioned that it was basically only a 25% increase so wasn't sure. Sounds like they're just bypassing the stacking part and bringing tanks back a bit.
Flex

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:22 am

at this point, they might as well take tank specs out of pvp
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenris » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:26 am

Question - Because of base resilience and the iLvl cap, what do you plan to do about PvE geared tanks in rated battlegrounds? They will be a clear choice over flag carriers with PvP gear.

Answer - The main role of tanks in PvP is as flag carriers. There is a debuff that applies to flag carriers that causes them to take additional damage, and we made a change to have this debuff even stronger for tanks in Rated Battlegrounds. Philosophically, we’re okay with tanks being useful in PvP, but in general, characters that are hard to kill with a reasonable amount of control aren’t fun for anyone else, so we’re definitely not trying to encourage even more tank participation in PvP. With this change, you can still use a tank as a flag carrier, but it should also feel more feasible to try having other classes and specs carry the flag as well.

Seriosly,this time he just sounds stupid.

"The only reason to have a tank in pvp is to carry a flag,so we are making it so that other specs are as viable as they are"

And i'd like to ask him if going in pvp knowing you'll be completly useless is intended to be superultrafunfun...

Question - A new battleground and arena are planned for patch 5.3. This is really cool, do we have any more plans for battlegrounds and arenas and what can you share about these?

Answer - There is nothing new in the pipeline at this time. We may spend some time fixing older ones. We have a lot of data now about which Battlegrounds players are voting out of participating in, so that gives us some direction on which Battlegrounds we could potentially fix . . . or even cut.

Just fix (or to say it better un-fix) Alterac Valley and remove EotS from this universe and all is well
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:33 am

Fenris wrote:Seriosly,this time he just sounds stupid.

"The only reason to have a tank in pvp is to carry a flag,so we are making it so that other specs are as viable as they are"

Pretty sure Chunes just about sums it up about why this is being done.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Yeah.

I don't like the solution, but there really doesn't seem to be an elegant way to integrate tanks into pvp.
Chunes

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:33 pm

To paraphrase: "If a tank is having fun in PvP, it's likely no one else is."

I've always wanted Taunt to work in PvP, personally.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 pm

with the new role queuing system that is inc, i say make so you can be a tank in pvp, but only on the big BGs (AV and IoC) where a tank is actually useful beyond flag carrying

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:03 pm

I'd be fine with losing a tank's extra survivability in PvP if it meant I could keep my control abilities and do not-terrible damage. I play Prot pvp because I find the spec fun, not because it's got high survivability (the survivability is worthless when you can't kill your opponent, and you die quick enough anyway without a healer). I'd easily accept them doing something like make Sanctuary (and other class equivalent passives) only work on NPC damage, if it meant that prot became balanceable in PvP.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I'd be fine with losing a tank's extra survivability in PvP if it meant I could keep my control abilities and do not-terrible damage. I play Prot pvp because I find the spec fun, not because it's got high survivability (the survivability is worthless when you can't kill your opponent, and you die quick enough anyway without a healer). I'd easily accept them doing something like make Sanctuary (and other class equivalent passives) only work on NPC damage, if it meant that prot became balanceable in PvP.

maybe then we (non-DK/monk tanks) could do decent damage outside of raid boss/trash pack tanking?
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General