Remove Advertisements

[10N] Lei Shen

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Lei Shen

Postby Bellanka » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:36 am

Our biggest problem right now is the first transition. Between Static Shock hitting for 1 million and wrecking our 2-man group and Diffusion Chain going out when we need to stack for it causing not only more damage but the Diffused Lightning spawns we're getting destroyed on that transition. I can't help but wonder if we're just doing something wrong.

I really feel like we needed more pulls on this boss, and a more optimal soaking composition, but we had a few people out last night and with the raid barely making it into P2 we just called it so I can do some more research.

We had a Holydin/FeralCat in the 2-man group, tanks in another, Boomkin/RestoDruid/FrostDK in the third group and Mage/Warlock/DiscPriest in the last one.

I'm toying with the idea of sending my OT into the other 2-man group and leaving me to solo soak the bounces in my quadrant. We've had a few transitions with only one bounce in our quadrant before, and I can easily OT one or two of the adds on the boss for AoEs during second phase spread-and-stacks.

This still leaves the Diffusion Chain going off during a Static Shock, and those Diffused Lightnings can add up fast if you get 3 out at once.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Re: [10N] Lei Shen

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:48 am

Our setup was: prot pala, prot warrior, fury warrior, feral, mage, lock, ele, shadow, resto sham, resto druid.

We split into the following groups:

Pala + lock

If lock gets shock, he uses dark bargain first. If he gets it again he uses rest of cds + sac from pala. Pala can't get targeted. Pala tanks any adds.

Mage + feral

If feral gets shock, disperses (bubble would work too). If she gets it again, goes bear and pops all cds and soaks with mage using block or cauterize/invis.
If mage gets shock, blocks. If he gets again, cauterizes (or greater invis).
Feral tanks any adds

Prot warrior + ele + resto druid

All stack for shocks, use personals on one, rallying on other. Warrior takes any adds.

Fury warrior + sp + shaman

If sp gets shock, disperses first time. Any other shocks we all stack (rallying/link/personals). I (fury) take any adds, though void tendrils is pretty effective too.

Maybe that'll give you some ideas!
Rhiannon

Postby Bellanka » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:45 am

Were you two or three healing?

I was reviewing logs and thinking about the logistics of making sweeping changes to my strat. Without a lust at the start our DPS isn't bringing Lei Shen down to 65% at the 4th conduit, even when we go 96, 90, 90, 90 for the conduits.

THAT had me thinking about two-healing and then setting up quadrants as 4/4/1/1 since tanks don't get targeted, and the adds from missing a bouncing ball if two hit your quadrant are manageable, if not soloable, by the tanks.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:12 am

2 healing (I did list the setup :p).

You could basically mirror what we did and go:

tank1 + lock (dunno what your tanks are, but sacrifice or safeguard would both work)

feral (with bubble from symb) + mage

boomkin/resto/tank2

hpala/disc/frostdk

I don't think there's much need to 3 heal though honestly.
Rhiannon

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 am

Rhiannon wrote:I don't think there's much need to 3 heal though honestly.

I feel like this is your motto for this game!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 am

Rhiannon wrote:2 healing (I did list the setup :p).

You could basically mirror what we did and go:

tank1 + lock (dunno what your tanks are, but sacrifice or safeguard would both work)

feral (with bubble from symb) + mage

boomkin/resto/tank2

hpala/disc/frostdk

I don't think there's much need to 3 heal though honestly.

Sorry! I had read that when you originally posted it, then skimmed it today and skipped that.

We have a roster of 13 we can pick and choose from

Protadin and Monk tanks.
Disc Priest, Holydin and RDruid healers.
FrostDK and FeralDruid for melee.
Hunter, Boomkin, Ele Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Shadow Priest for range.

I like your set up, and I'm going to give that a try when we get to him this week.

My initial thinking was
Q1: Protadin
Q2: Monktank
Q3: ShadowPriest, Hunter, Holydin, Boomkin (Dispersion, Deterrence, Bubble/HoSac, Barkskin+Ursoc+HotW+15% from Moonkin form and Unending Resolve from 'lock SYmbiosis if Lock is there)
Q4: ShadowPriest or Warlock, Mage, RestoDruid, FeralDruid (Dispersion, Ice Block/Cauterize, 2x Barkskin+Ursoc+HotW +Bubble from Symbiosis as Feral).

I also assumed I'd be using HoS on someone, since I'm already specced into Speed of Light for this fight, I can easily cover my quadrant and get a HoS off.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Grommash » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 am

We put 2 tanks and a hybrid DPS in one quadrant. A dedicated healer and two DPS in another quadrant. Then we had two DPS (one being a hybrid) in one quadrant with the other quadrant being a healer with a single DPS.

The logic was tanks take little damage and the one hybrid DPS in the first quadrant would be able to soak pretty easily, as static shock split 3 ways isn't that difficult to handle.

The second quadrant had a healer and two DPS in it. Like the first quadrant it has three people present so stacking for static shock isn't a big deal.

Our third quadrant had two DPS, one being a hybrid but both had really strong CDs to contend with static shock (Ret, frost DK). If the ret got static shock a bubble would deal with the first one. If I got static shock (I'm the DK) we would both stack and pop defensive CDs to eat it together. Same if the ret paladin got it twice in a row, we would just stack.

Our fourth quadrant was a healer and a DPS. Again the theme on the first transition is to put people who have big immunities or large CDs (such that they can at worst eat two static shocks in a single transition). This quadrant was holy paladin and a warlock. If the paladin got one she would just bubble, if the warlock got one he would dark bargain. If it targeted the same person they would just pop defensive CDs and stack.

When the boss hits 67% people start heading towards their quadrants immediately so that they are there by the time the boss hits 66%. There are some issues present if you have very slow raid members getting to their quadrants (namely the AoE ring that stuns and does damage overlapping into another quadrant). Which doesn't seem like much but it will cause problems.

Really the first transition is the hardest transition in 10 man. I really suggest getting rid of static shock first and getting it to the highest power level of all the conduits in P1 (but not leveling it up). Second transition is a lot easier as you now have two groups of three and one group of four. Healing is never an issue if you do the transitions properly, it's all about being in the right place and using CDs properly.

For P2 we just bounced between the overload conduit (as we could basically stay stacked up and zero damage was present) and the diffusion chain conduit. The diffusion chain does awful damage and one add can be gripped and cleaved down with relative ease, along with the balls of lightning that spawn. We also used lust in this phase because the last phase is incredibly easy (just use a cycle personals and raid CDs for each thunderstruck).
Grommash

Postby Bellanka » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:21 am

The 4/4/1/1 strat worked best for us. It allowed for smooth transitions once people understood who could take solo soaks and who needed people to stack and when. Got him pretty close a few times last night, should go down on Monday.

Feels a lot like Ragnaros did in Firelands.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Chronos » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 pm

For the 4/4/1/1 strat were you running into issues of two bouncing bolts landing in the one person quadrants? Or static shock going off on the one person quadrant guys twice in a row? Curious to know more about this strat.
Chronos

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:23 pm

The 1s are tanks, who can't get targeted by static shock, chain lightning or the overcharges, so those aren't an issue in those quarters. The 1 quadrants can get two balls, they deal with it by catching one ball and letting the other one bounce, spawning one add, and then catching the ball before it can bounce again. As they're tanks they can happily survive 1 add.
Rhiannon

Postby Kai » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:55 am

we just 3 healed it (as we did with about everything on normal, just for convenience. obviously with a #@$^$#@ disc priest and other healers also just nuking whenever, not like the enrages are tight on normal.

also had the most issues with transition but pretty easy fight once you've figured it out. what we did was three groups of 3 and a rogue solo. you cannot soak all bouncing bolts solo, there can be 2-3 in one area. those adds have to be grabbed by tanks in the next area, but they will run to the healers there anyway. for example:

north: rogue
west: healer, tank, dps
east: healer, tank, dps
south: healer, melee dps (to tank adds until a tank grabs them), dps

You want to use as many immunity CDs as you have during the transition. soak as few of the static electricities as possible, but soaking with 3 people is fine as long as everyone is topped and ideally uses some personal CD. try to have everyone positioned to the outside and most middlish point of their platform so that the overcharge-stun-wave does not hit others on other platforms. healers from adjacent platforms throw the rogue a heal here and there, but he generally took no damage.

If you 3 heal it, in phase 2 you'll probably have to tank him away from a conduit for a bit, otherwise you'll overcharge one. that means he'll channel his aoe, which is no problem to heal up for a bit, but you have to make sure that you don't overlap that with ball lightning. otherwise bunch up on melee for ball lightning and just spread out for the diffusion chain.
Kai

Postby Winkle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 am

Overcharging a conduit isn't a big deal, we overcharged the chain lightning conduit and tbh i didn't notice any difference.
Winkle

Postby Sagara » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Stupid question: anyone knows how to make the pillar energy levels visible (not the level 1 2 3, just the energy bar number)?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:39 pm

So, my question from this is when exactly do you bubble for Static Shock? I used it at 2 seconds left on the timer and still took the full 1 mil dmg.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Magnilda » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Sagara wrote:Stupid question: anyone knows how to make the pillar energy levels visible (not the level 1 2 3, just the energy bar number)?

For me it shows up as my Alternative Power Bar on my unit frames. (Using SUF)
Magnilda

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)