Random Picture Post

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:57 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:HE WAS A DREAM THE WHOLE TIME AND HIS FATHER IS A FLYING WHALE THING WHAT IS THAT NONSENSE

I'm sorry, you wanted REALISM in *Final Fantasy*?!?


no no I don't care about realism, that shit is just fucking dumb.

Image
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:59 am

I'll stick with xenogears and xenosaga
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9336
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:01 am

Didn't I hear they were actually redoing FFX and FFX-2? Although it might be similar to the "FFVII is being redone!" rumours as well.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 am

I'd rather then do ff7 as long as they don't fix the w-item materia bug :p
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9336
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:33 am

Nikachelle wrote:Didn't I hear they were actually redoing FFX and FFX-2? Although it might be similar to the "FFVII is being redone!" rumours as well.


FFX and X2 are being re-released for the PS3 some time this year.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2 ... ywords=ffx

I don't know if they're modifying the game engine at all, or just re-rendering at higher resolution. Chatter suggests it'll be the international version.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am

higher res, higher res textures, same old models
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6040
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 am

Klaudandus wrote:I'll stick with xenogears and xenosaga


f yeah Xenosaga
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6040
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:00 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Didn't I hear they were actually redoing FFX and FFX-2? Although it might be similar to the "FFVII is being redone!" rumours as well.


FFX and X2 are being re-released for the PS3 some time this year.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2 ... ywords=ffx

I don't know if they're modifying the game engine at all, or just re-rendering at higher resolution. Chatter suggests it'll be the international version.

Yeah I'd heard it was the international version.

And damnit, Amazon.ca doesn't list it available for pre-order yet.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:01 am

Sabindeus wrote:higher res, higher res textures, same old models

I don't mind that though. Playing my old PS2 is just really dodgy looking on new television screens. Plus I'm fairly certain it wasn't wide screen so that just awkward when it's all boxy at 4:3.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby djlar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:55 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:higher res, higher res textures, same old models

I don't mind that though. Playing my old PS2 is just really dodgy looking on new television screens. Plus I'm fairly certain it wasn't wide screen so that just awkward when it's all boxy at 4:3.


Games have the option of setting the screen as 4:3 or Wide (GT4 comes to mind) on PS2
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:21 am

djlar wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:higher res, higher res textures, same old models

I don't mind that though. Playing my old PS2 is just really dodgy looking on new television screens. Plus I'm fairly certain it wasn't wide screen so that just awkward when it's all boxy at 4:3.


Games have the option of setting the screen as 4:3 or Wide (GT4 comes to mind) on PS2

Final Fantasy X does not have a widescreen version (at least, not in North America).

Unless you mean for me to stretch the screen to 16:9 in which case I'll just point out that image stretching is an abomination.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm

*runs in and waves his anti-FF fan boy flag*
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Fenrìr wrote:*runs in and waves his anti-FF fan boy flag*

People have been shot for less than that....
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:higher res, higher res textures, same old models

I don't mind that though. Playing my old PS2 is just really dodgy looking on new television screens. Plus I'm fairly certain it wasn't wide screen so that just awkward when it's all boxy at 4:3.


I don't mind it either, I bought the MGS HD remix and will definitely buy Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 when it comes out... on the fence about FFX HD though.

Though an HD version of the hilarious 70s action pop opening movie of X-2 might be worth it <_<

WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU *whammy bar nonsense*
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6040
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:38 pm

There was a time when I was sad they never redid FFVII, but now I think it would be harder and harder to do well.

The game has not aged well, the playstyle is still (delightfully?) JRPG at the core and you'd either have to get some good voice acting in there, or stick players with a "have fun reading all this text again" kind of situation.

I say why not make a reboot and go back to the materia system as a core element of a more modern game?

Oh wait, path of exile...
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Melathys » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Chunes wrote:There was a time when I was sad they never redid FFVII, but now I think it would be harder and harder to do well.

The game has not aged well, the playstyle is still (delightfully?) JRPG at the core and you'd either have to get some good voice acting in there, or stick players with a "have fun reading all this text again" kind of situation.

I say why not make a reboot and go back to the materia system as a core element of a more modern game?

Oh wait, path of exile...


fine with me. people are getting spoiled by not having to read their RPG's these days anyway.
Image
User avatar
Melathys
 
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Invisusira » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:12 pm

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES

Image
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 5848
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: Daily LOLCats :: The OFFICIAL sticky.

Postby Arnock » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 pm

The one on the right looks terrified.
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Image
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9336
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:55 pm

while I thought that Advent Children on a whole was a pretty dumb movie, that scene was awesome
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6040
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Invisusira wrote:WHERE ARE THE PICTURES

Image

Image
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6040
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Invisusira wrote:WHERE ARE THE PICTURES

Image

i was thinking this same thing when i scrolled down and saw your post..so ty invis!
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Invisusira » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Sabindeus wrote:while I thought that Advent Children on a whole was a pretty dumb movie, that scene was awesome

Image
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 5848
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Zobel » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Image
User avatar
Zobel
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Image
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest