Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:11 am

halabar wrote:According to MMO-Champ, you'll be able to Tmog directly from your bank or void storage!

And there was much rejoicing. I wonder if they'll still charge you for accessing void storage.
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am

Anybody know if the quest for the item level 600 cloaks are spec specific (so if you do the quest as a paladin tank, you wouldn't be offered the dps cloak with haste/mastery/crit)?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 am

Fetzie wrote:Anybody know if the quest for the item level 600 cloaks are spec specific (so if you do the quest as a paladin tank, you wouldn't be offered the dps cloak with haste/mastery/crit)?

good question, though given the work they are putting in to allow people to specify specs, I hope they'll work that into the questing system somehow.
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 am

Who knows, they might even have the flash of brilliance to give paladin tanks the option of the dps cloak by default...
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 am

Fetzie wrote:Who knows, they might even have the flash of brilliance to give paladin tanks the option of the dps cloak by default...

butbutbut grand crusader changes!

you'll eat your dodge+parry and like it!

:P
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:41 pm

All quests with significant rewards (epics) have allowed you to choose the rewards like old quests.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Latest from the blues:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569598546
Those client strings for an in-game browser we've been seeing on the datamining sites are now explained. Blizzard is indeed putting a web browser into the game, which will link to the Battle.net support site. This will replace the existing in game support system.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:49 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Latest from the blues:
Those client strings for an in-game browser we've been seeing on the datamining sites are now explained. Blizzard is indeed putting a web browser into the game, which will link to the Battle.net support site. This will replace the existing in game support system.

Am I the only one scared by this idea? Web browsers are like buckets with a lot of holes in them, with some of them fixed by putting something over them...

Wowojuju even goes as far as claiming that it is an IE browser... (source)

This scares me even more >.< Same with the comment on that post... "would be nice to access anything from there". No it wouldnt >.< I think its a huge backdoor for hackers with big neon letters saying: Please hack us, you can enter here.

Bah, I dont like it :p (and I surely wont use it if you can visit any website with it...)
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 am

If it's limited so that it can only go to the support site and nothing else, and perhaps even loads the site through your game connection, then it might still be safe. I assume they're smart enough not to open up their support system to third party addons, as well.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 am

I'm not that scared - Eve has had an ingame browser for ages, without any significant issues - it just has to not use any of the backdoor coding possibilities (Pure HTML cannot hijack anything)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:11 am

Andurin wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Latest from the blues:

Am I the only one scared by this idea? Web browsers are like buckets with a lot of holes in them, with some of them fixed by putting something over them...

Wowojuju even goes as far as claiming that it is an IE browser... (source)

This scares me even more >.< Same with the comment on that post... "would be nice to access anything from there". No it wouldnt >.< I think its a huge backdoor for hackers with big neon letters saying: Please hack us, you can enter here.

Bah, I dont like it :p (and I surely wont use it if you can visit any website with it...)

IE10 is actually the most secure browser on the market right now. If it had an ad-blocker I would use it instead of Firefox.

Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:43 am

Donottrack plus blocks most adds (as they come from the ad companies that track you)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:28 pm

benebarba wrote:simply choose one and make it so you don't need to do the balance dance twice for one spec (though the current ~3% spread based on noxxic's guide seems pretty darn good).

Oh, did they finally remove 2h Frost and split DW/2h for monks?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Kuripari » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:37 am

benebarba wrote:
halabar wrote:According to MMO-Champ, you'll be able to Tmog directly from your bank or void storage!

And there was much rejoicing. I wonder if they'll still charge you for accessing void storage.

With the addons, you can do it currently. You can open your void storage while at tmogger and can open tmog window at bank or anywhere really, though you still have to go to the tmog guy to apply the changes you've set.
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby Fenris » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Retribution is SOOOOOOOOOOO fine that,if the datamining from MMo-c isnt wrong, after buffing sword of light +5% with 5.2 they are going to buff it again

Only,+15% this time :lol:

Kind of interested in the hunter changes too...Blink strike a.k.a "the lvl75 talent no one takes" might become really,really interesting,for BM at least
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

PreviousNext

Return to General