[10H] Iron Qon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Iron Qon

Postby timoseewho » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:30 am

Hello, my guild may start working on heroic Iron Qon this week to knock out a few 'easier' bosses. I've seen a few videos and have a good understanding of the fight. However, my biggest question is how raids deal with Ro'shak's Unleashed Flame during Dam'ren and the last phase when all 3 quilens are up? Also, which quilen's abilities are more potent in the last phase (to get rid of first)?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Re: [10H] Iron Qon

Postby Bemxuu » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Also, WoWprogress has few raid setups with NO tanks listed. Dafu... I mean... Any ideas?
Bemxuu

Postby Grommash » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:35 pm

From what I understand (if you watch videos) the Unleashed Flame during Dam'ren happens every 30 seconds. As such only one group needs to soak it because the stack will go away before the next one. So I would imagine two melee and a tank would be ideal for that.

I've heard conflicting arguments on what dog to kill first in the last phase as they all can potentially make things easier for you. Fist smash doesn't happen for quite some time so you do have a bit of time (not like the first fish smash is dangerous). I think a lot of people like killing the frost one first because it's shields are a debuff on the player, meaning that it just doesn't effect the frost one but all of quilen you're trying to atttack.

I wouldn't trust WoWprogress when it comes to composition setup, it's usually very, very wrong.

Fight is generally 1 tank and 3 healed. I heard one Paladin with clemency is all you need but two obviously helps. 5-6 stack of impale hurts a lot! Although not so much on our Brewmaster.
Grommash

Postby timoseewho » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:27 am

Great thanks, and I'm guessing Unleashed Flame in p4 is dealt with similar fashion as is in p1?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Bemxuu » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:51 am

Yeah, Brewmasters' Fortifying Brew has a glyph for 20% bleed damage reduction which makes surviving high stacks of Impale much easier task
Bemxuu

Postby Volitaire » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:33 am

We are one tanking this. I am a dwarf paladin and with Stoneskin I can literally clear my stacks @ 3 almost every single time without any issue. I essentially alternate between StoneSkin and a BoP. This setup literally trivializes the entire fight for tank damage allowing your healers to worry about the raid much more than you as they become the most risky damage takers.

We are continuing to kill the Frost dog, then Fire, and finally the Wind before moving to the boss. You will need to handle unleash flame multiple times thoughout the fight. P1 is an obvious location. You will then need to handle it again during P3 and continue to handle that until you kill the dogs in P4. During P3 and P4 it is much less dangerous as all of the abilities are a bit muted. We found that once we go into P3 that we setup 2 groups. One Ranged and One Melee. Melee will start the phase stacked up allowing ranged time to finish dropping their lightning debuff and take around 3-4 stacks. After that ranged will stack up and melee will spread swapping ranged to being the primary target for this ability. Do this for the remainder of P3 and first part of P4 until the frost and Fire dogs are dead.

Once P4 starts you will need to pop hero/lust and burn the dogs down single target style as fast as possible. Frost>Fire>Wind. You can change the order of the dogs to your liking but we found that there was too much DPS loss going to a new dog during the P4 transition and thus opted to stay on the Frost until it is dead. No target switch = higher dps and faster burn time. Tanks will want to be aware of the transition to P4 as they will without question want to drop their stacks prior to starting that phase and will also want to ensure they have large CD's at their disposal as the incoming tank damage can be high if dealing with dogs and having stacks. When the dogs are all dead the raid can stack on the boss and begin the final burn phase. Once the fist smashes start to show up your healers should be prepared for a good amount of healing and after the first 2 or so you will want/need to start rolling raid CD's to negate some of the high physical damage that will be coming out. Continue until dead.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Donatist » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:07 am

P3 we just had 1 tank and 2 melee eat stacks. P4 we did the same thing and killed roshak first rather than passing the wind debuff around. Roshak>Damren>Quetzal was our kill order. After quetzal dies if your raid is still alive it should be a kill. Was for us at least, first time all three dogs died we killed it.
Donatist

Postby Bellanka » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:02 am

Heading into this one on Monday. We've already been solo tanking it with me dropping stacks at 4 or so.

I'm assuming the enrage timer is increased? Is the dog health decreased in the final phase?
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Grommash » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Enrage timer is the same. Phases last about the same as they do on normal because you only have to take a dog to 25%.

Last phase takes longer because you fight all three dogs along with Iron Qon but the dogs are all obviously at 25%. You have a good 45 seconds to a minute for the first fist smash, with following ones happening every 20 seconds.

The only real DPS checks are whether you can push the second phase in one windstorm, and trying to have your raid stacked for the second or at least the third fist smash.

First time we killed all the dogs we won.
Grommash

Postby stevos » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:50 am

How does the timing work on the stack reset, if you have a dwarf pala solo tanking?

Do you have to take clemency or can you get away with Hand of Purity for the extra cd in the last phase, plus DoT reduction?
stevos

Postby Bemxuu » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:17 am

I won't say much about dwarves...

It's so much better to get rid of the debuff one more time thus reducing max stacks than reducing stacks' damage. We had a non-paladin solotanking this one, so we BoPed off the debuff at each mount change except for windy one - stacks were not as dangerous there. There are few seconds with no one to tank, so it seemed to be the best time with no countdowns required. Otherwise we'd have to run additional timer to make sure taunt's fixate effect is on boss during split second of BoP on boss.

My best guess about dwarves' racial timing is using it ~2 minutes before the storm, during it and then on cooldown to avoid any risk of dying during the storm due to -80% healing/absorb. I had to use a cooldown for that one when our warlock was not around. If you insist, you can take HoP, but -10% for each second fists ... Meh...
Bemxuu

Postby Grommash » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 pm

If you can time it right and hold off DPS you should try and clear right before the final phase. There is a lot of damage for the first 30 seconds or so and not having to worry about the tank during that time helps a lot.
Grommash

Postby Schroom » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:01 am

we had it several times in P4 yesterday. I reseted the stacks at 4 only using stoneform and bubble only twice. no BoP needed yet.
Schroom

Postby Winkle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 am

Seems unnecessary to take it past 3 stacks as a dwarf pala. Raid damage is more of an issue than tank damage on this fight.
Winkle

Postby Donatist » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:23 am

We solo tanked it last week just for fun. I took clemency and reset it as soon as 4 happened. If you have a macro (should have /cancelaura Hand of Protection) which you will also probably want for Durumu, you just taunt and spam the macro. We did this for our warrior in horridon since he couldnt pick up the adds at the door i had to tank the adds and rotate BoPs on him. So we did that during Double swipes making it super easy.

But for Qon every 4 stacks or so rest, dont reset when he summons a new dog, and dont reset during windstorm. Try and time your reset for when Damren reaches 25% because you have a few seconds before the dogs land to pick everything up and reset. Then just reset as often as you can until its just Qon. I ended up not reesting immediatly because i Goak, HA, AD and have some externals as well as lights hammer for (semi) CD rotation making it easier to survive the dot ticks. But if you feel like you are getting trucked or will not have CD coverage on a stack 3+ i would reset immediately if there are more than 1 dog up.

Lastly we kill the dogs in order of Roshak, Damren, Quetzal. Idk what other people do but we tried Damren>Roshak and didnt have good luck. Roshak also has the most remaining HP i believe.
Donatist

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)