Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:00 am

Chunes wrote:Take your coffee black and you won't have those kinds of issues ;)

Unflavoured coffee I generally have with just sugar (which a lot of people consider black). I went through the "nothing in my coffee" phase in my teens when I thought it meant I was tough. I'm over that now and can accept when I need sugar in my drink!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 am

why not salt in your coffee?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:26 am

Klaudandus wrote:why not salt in your coffee?

*throws a cantaloupe at you*
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:30 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:why not salt in your coffee?

*throws a cantaloupe at you*

Salt is good on those too...

But coffee shouldn't need salt. Only that nasty Navy stuff needs it.

Nor should coffee be flavored, if it's good coffee, it doesn't need it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby benebarba » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:58 am

I'll stand by my love of candy-coffee.

now, I can also drink it black (helpful for work-sites, conferences, etc.) - but won't if the choice is available. But I've never much taken the time to really 'get into' coffee either, though I have some friends that do personal blends that are pretty darned tasty with a splash of cream.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:09 am

Bahh...

If any of you get out here to Blizzcon, I'll point you to a local store to buy the best italian dark-roast you've ever had, that will put you off your candy coffee for good. All it needs is some sugar.

halabar

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:15 am

I've taken my coffee black since the teens as well, but for me it was mostly a laziness factor than anything that pushed me to taking it as simple as possible.

I also worked in coffee for a few years back in those days and if you doctored your drip coffee, you didn't really get taken seriously among the coworkers.

I still don't really like lattes or anything. I'll do a mocha around christmas time just because they remind me of the holidays, but it's either a nice hot drip in cold weather, or iced drip black in the summertime.
Chunes

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:42 am

Oh and back to the subject of actual frustrations...

SQL Server's incredibly helpful "String or binary data would be truncated" error.

Sweet christ man, would it kill the SSMS dev team to actually code this error to tell me which column was offending the character limit?

Holy shit.
Chunes

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 am

mixing a bit of salt on the grains before brewing it takes away some of the bitterness
---
Klaudandus

Postby Jabari » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 am

bldavis wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Don't skip Elegon, just go do Zor'lok then come back to Elegon.

what she said
Zor and bladeloard are much easier mechanics wise and give you a chance to get some more loot to help with elegon's dps check (more gear = more damage output = orbs die faster = higher debuff in P3)

We're _already_ pushing ilvl 500, for the most part. (My tank is probably the worst or 2nd worst geared, at about 485, and that's because he's my 3rd-highest-priority character). I would hope it's not a gear issue.

econ21 wrote:What's the problem?

Do you mark each pillar and dps with a corresponding raid marker, so each know the adds they are supposed to kill? (You are 2 healing it?) Are you killing three waves of orbs?

Do you try to coordinate so that the pillars die around the same time (thereby reducing the number of adds that spawn)?

Do you solo tank the last burn phase with a paladin tank, with no one resetting stacks?

Those three things helped us get past him. With the marking, you can often see which dps struggles to burst down their orbs and so the tanks can help them.

Yes, yes (though emphasis on "try"), yes (though warrior tank, not paladin). We were getting 4 waves of sparks down fairly consistently toward the end, probably 75% success on the 4th wave. Always had the 3rd wave down (when we got there cleanly, see below).

Problems:
- Quite a few wipes due to him going in to Draw Power shortly after a Protector spawned. In those cases we'd either miss on the first set of sparks, or lose people to Total Annihilation as they were running to their pillar.
- A couple of bad transitions after the pillars. Don't think that anyone was just standing in lightning pools, but we could be a bit better on bringing the pillars down closer to each other.
- And a couple to just really dumb things. Still had 2 people fall in the hole on one attempt. A few random deaths where people just fall over and when I ask "what happened?", I get back "I don't know". Guessing that they aren't clearing stacks (i.e., between sparks), but I'm trying to call that out each time over mumble.
- We got him down to ~8% three times. One of those was entirely my fault - I didn't realize he kept doing the celestial breath at that point and had him turned the wrong way. (I've never tanked that fight before.) Once we lost a couple people to the "ghosts" on the transition. Once ... well, I don't know. It seems to me that the healers simply didn't push enough throughput. Doesn't help that we don't have a single "healing cooldown" from any of our dps available (Vamp Embrace, Nature's Vigil, Ancestral Guidance, etc) that can really help in those types of situations.
- As an aside, I still have two people doing about 60k on that fight. Gear isn't an issue with them, they're either not on the floor enough or simply not running a good rotation.

Edit: One other thing on the healing side: It seemed ok during the protector phases, but during spark phases the people on my side were hanging out at about half health way more than I was comfortable with - is that normal or should everyone be topped off between each spark?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am

First one can just be handled by stopping DPS before the phase change.
Not clearing stacks during sparks can be a killer since you end up taking a lot of extra damage for no good reason when they die.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:29 am

Klaudandus wrote:mixing a bit of salt on the grains before brewing it takes away some of the bitterness

Good coffee doesn't need that.. :-)

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:30 am

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:mixing a bit of salt on the grains before brewing it takes away some of the bitterness

Good coffee doesn't need that.. :-)

Government coffee is the cheapest!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Gone from realm first last tier to realm third. Our new recruit sucks, and our warlock is still MIA, almost been a week now. We killed Megaera but it didn't even feel good because she should have died 3 weeks ago. Bleh.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:10 pm

---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General