Remove Advertisements

[10H] Ji'Kun

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Ji'Kun

Postby Schroom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:42 am

we started with this fight yesterday after some unsuccessful Tortos wipes, and had about an hour to try out some stuff.

we will go back Sunday to hopefully kill Ji'Kun. Tortos will be for next week

any experiences, tips, tricks for this fight?

is following info correct? :

[*]guardan adds spawn on Nests No: 2, 4, 8 und 12.

[*]14 gets no guardian.

also he hits like a truck. his normal meleeswings hit for 150k after armor and SoTR up!

infected Talons hit for 42500 per stack

Talon Rake hits for 250k after armor per stack! (SoTR or be dead) every stack increases dmg income from talon Rake by 50%. mind that you need to take 2-3 stacks before the other tank can taunt off.
Schroom

Re: [10H] Ji'Kun

Postby timoseewho » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:42 am

Yap, what you said is correct, the only ones with guardians are 2, 4, 8, and 12, with 2 and 8 being lower ones and 4 and 12 upper ones. Nests 9 and 10 spawn at the same time, one lower, one upper. The nests light up in pre-determined order (which I never knew-_-), so after a few attempts you'll know which ones to start flying towards.

Aim to have the boss at ~20% on the 15th nest (this is the one where we completely ignore the nests and lust/warp burn, so I'm not completely sure if any nests past 15 have guardians hehe). We deal with all the nests up until the 15th.

We had 2 groups, one with 2 dps (alpha) and another with 3 dps (beta). Team alpha dealt with ALL the nests except for 2, 8, and 10 since 2 and 8 are lower and thus have 4 eggs + 1 guardian (so it required just a bit more dps). Team alpha's main job is nest duty, so they have very little uptime on the boss and sometimes just fly from nest to nest and wait a few seconds. We had the same healer heal all the nests and the same tank to jump down / fly up for the respective nests.

There are probably easier ways to sort out groups but this just happened to work for us, hope this helps!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Schroom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:47 am

yup this pretty much sums up what we had in mind after testing out the mechanics yesterday. let's hope for a kill on Sunday.
Schroom

Postby Bemxuu » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 am

Same tank? O_o we did this fight few times and always required a tank swap for 3rd defender spawn (i.e. I take nests 2 and 4 and then my DK buddy has to take over spawns 8 and 12). Any details? Or better - a log?
Bemxuu

Postby Schroom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:19 am

you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5iHVh-lvy8 Prot Pally PoV doing all 4 nests with guardian adds.
Schroom

Postby Volitaire » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 am

We downed this last night after about 1.5 hrs of working on him. If you are a prot pally you might want to let your other tank go up and take all of the guardian nests. I was able to comfortably take 5-6 stacks with the clean use of CD's and SotR for each and every talon rake. Only time it was ever scary was if I hit the SotR too late. Below is our video with Prot pally PoV staying on the main platform the entire time. Oh and we 3 healed, enless you have a major dps shortfall there really is not much reason to consider 2 healing this IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2TEZW1Ha-k
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Grommash » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:42 pm

We used two healers and three tanks. DPS wasn't an issue (we ignore the 12th spawn and just burn the boss).

The reason for the three tanks was to avoid some complication with tanks swapping to the nest guardians. Blood DK in full DPS gear helped with most of the nests (including the ones with guardians). Their AoE is high. Both healers stayed on the main platform although they did jump down to the odd bottom nests when quills were far away to grab a feather (so they could get primal nutrient).

Quills seems like a lot of damage but it really isn't. It's the only thing you need defensive CDs for and if you use health stones/CDs properly you shouldn't need a healer on any platforms.

The only thing I can say for this encounter is to keep it simple. Only soak puddles with classes who can immune the debuff (DK, Mages, Paladins, multiple Druid symbiosis), and only soak ones that look problematic for melee. There is plenty of space around the platform and you will kill it far before the platform gets over run. Best place for range and healers to stand is behind the tanks because you never have to go back there to get to a bottom nest.
Grommash

Postby Bemxuu » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 am

So good to hear the diversity is still there : )

We do it the other way. 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps. 2 groups of 1 healer and 2 dps. If assistance of the tank is required, free tank goes there. I started with taking 1 stack and proceeding to my platform. It took me a feather to get back (with 3 seconds past Caw warning you can go up and get fed simultaneously), a feather to get up for platform 4 and I spent the last one to catch some food close to lust. Second tank got his feathers on platform 8, used one immediately to get back, second - to get to platform 12 and spent the last one on catching food.
DPS try to catch the food on their flight if timers align, tank and healer proceed to the destination platform immediately. The last dps on the platform was catching all the free feathers (there is on each lower platform not attended by tank), spending them on food (it was a paladin, so bubbling off high stacks, but any class with good burst and defensive cooldowns might do just as well) and by the platform twelve Ji-Kun was nearly dead. And our zealous damage dealers had 5ish stacks of slime from eating food :-D This way we do not eat any pools on the ground.
Bemxuu

Postby stevos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:38 am

If you are having one tank stay on the boss the whole time, how do you drop the stacks? Are you using HoP/BoP to remove them? If so how many stacks do you take before resetting them?
stevos

Postby Kai » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:03 am

HoP does not reset stacks. it does not prevent the talon strike dmg either, that goes right through it. however you can HoP the current tank to stop him from taking normal melee attacks. the boss will not cast his qirl (whatever its called) ability that he spams when there's no tank in melee. he will keep hitting the HoPed tank. But again, stacks don't reset and talon strike hits through bop.
a high dodge tank takes a lot less dmg then a warrior though as the poison stuff stacks up a lot, lot slower.

we killed it with both 3 heaelrs and 2 tanks and with 3 tanks and 2 healers. feels about the same to me really. solo healing the aoe when there's 7 on the latform as a paladin stinks, but if people either use CDs or stack up properly, it's fine. tank damage is obviously much lower. Any combination of 2+ tanks and 2+ healers should work, I am sure some people do it with 2+2. 2 tanks + 3 healers felt slightly easier to me, especially with a druid tank most of the time on the boss. but typically the problem is the execution of the nests anyway, I think.
Kai

Postby stevos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:37 am

Does the talon strike debuff drop off from time to time, if you solo tank the boss and have the other tank take the nests?

Or do you have both tanks stay and tank switch when the big adds aren't in the nests?
stevos

Postby daishan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:45 am

If the nest tank only goes to the nests with the big adds and your quick about killing them the Ji'Kun tank should take 4 talon stacks max. Be especially careful just after downdrafts that the correct tank is in melee range of the boss as the bird will talon strike anyone in melee if the primary agro target isn't.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby stevos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:50 am

Hash yeah we found that out on normal modes, or should I say our rogue did after shadow stepping too quickly.
stevos

Postby stevos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:00 am

Is there an easy way to know which platforms have the big adds or do you just need to count them?
stevos

Postby daishan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 am

Bigwigs counts platforms and puts "(add)" on the timers for them, unfortunately last week at least it was warning of adds on platforms that didn't have adds, I just ended up remembering that platforms 2, 4, 8 & 12 have adds and watching out for the timers for them.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)