[10N] horridon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] horridon

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 am

Couldn't really tell. It was on our last two pulls of the night.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Belloc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 am

I don't know if anyone really cares at this point, but I thought I'd mention that, for groups with decent DPS, Jalak can safely be ignored. Jalak will despawn as soon as Horridon dies.
Belloc

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 am

How low should Horridon's health be by the time Door 4 closes?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Darielle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:44 pm

If you're barely keeping pace, probably something like 65%. You'll have more than enough time to finish him if you're keeping pace, so him being at 70, 75, doesn't matter too much; 5% is like 3 seconds in the last part.

I don't know if anyone really cares at this point, but I thought I'd mention that, for groups with decent DPS, Jalak can safely be ignored. Jalak will despawn as soon as Horridon dies.

When we cleared up Normal after Heroic pulls, I think we had Jalak spawn at the end of Door 3 and Horridon dead while Door 4 double Bears spawned. It's hilarious watching everything despawn.
Darielle

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:29 pm

well, he's down now =D
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:14 am

Klaudandus wrote:well, he's down now =D

gz! \o/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:49 am

gratz klaud, hopefully we get a kill in the next week or 2

we can get the first door easy, second door we have some issues with the priest and the adds they spawn, but were able to get through to the third door a few times, and the 4th door only once in 2 weeks of progression (yay for 2hrs of progression a week...yes i am serious)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Ironshield » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm

We're really battling with this guy.

We're struggling to get mêlée players, and our ranged can't handle all the interrupts required.

Also having some trouble switching targets, any useful targeting macros out there?

Do the doors open at a set time or is it after Horridon hits the previous one?
Ironshield

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:10 pm

they open at a set time, which is why you want dinomancer dead as soon as possible, since with him dying, you can close the door you're working on, clear the adds and then prepare for the next door.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Hrobertgar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:26 pm

If you guys are having trouble getting thru Doors #2-#4, a common mistake is for the dps to go crazy.

Tonight our regular Warrior add tank wasn't available (so they take away pally Righteous Defence, but give all other tanks extras, sigh), so we wound up having a second pally tank as add tank pull the boss and then I taunted as the 1st door opened, it helped him build initial Vengeance. I find a good attempt/kill tends to have the add tank to average 70K-100+K on 1st 4 doors, a poor attempt with dps pulling adds randomly the add tank gets like 30k-40k dps.

Usually if adds are running all over Pally tanks have a LOT of trouble picking them up off of people unless they run into the add tank (I know I did, and am thankfull to be the boss tank now). You can mark where the Dinomancers jump down from the stands (all adds are up there at the start) so you know where to pick them up. When we still switched every door, I know it was like that for me, if I could have the dps stay on the boss for 5 extra seconds so I could pick up and position the adds it made a ton of difference with positioning, kiting and vengeance building.

For second door, debuffs is Poison - all pallies can dispel and I help here. For 3rd door debuff is disease - again I help. We also sequentially blow all raid CDs like Aura Mastery on 3rd door because of the damn orbs and high raid dmg.

For the 4th door - KILL THE ADDS BY THE DOOR OR AT LEAST BY THE EDGE OF THE ROOM AND DO NOT KITE THEM INTO THE MIDDLE. Trying to play in final phase with totems in the middle of the room is awful. I think boss health in various phases REALLY depends on how stable your group is and how decent they are killing adds. For a good run, the boss for us can be around 85% health after 3rd door, for a poor run when adds barely die before next door opens he is much higher and we are squeaking by with an enrage kill. Also keep in mind that Jalak is like DS-warship fight, he gains his version of vengeance as his health drops, so save big CDs for that.

This week we actually had 3 Pallies in the raid and were able to bubble clear my stacks off EVERY door, as the boss crashes into it (I used my bubble clears after Door #1, and Door #2, with an external clear after Door #3, and none after Door #4 as the add tank picks up the boss and I pick up War-god Jalak. If my stacks haven't dropped whn War-god dies and other tank has more than a couple stacks then I can bubble clear again as I am off CD from earlier). The regular bubble clear seemed to make it easier on the healers a little, but did lower my vengeance and boss dmg :(

For door trash, if we have DPS really focus the first big add, he is often VERY low when the other two spawn, and that can really help control adds. I believe for most doors, we have ranged group near top of door (halfway between me/boss and add tank) with melee hopefully being good about stacking with add tank. It tends to control bad crud on the ground and also makes charges less painfull on the raid and for me to reposition afterwards. But for 3rd door, everyone still stacks on add tank, just because it is so messy.

Remember interrupts on doors #2 and Doors #3 as well. You can assign ppl to interrupt specific adds, as long as add tank has decent threat on them. Keep in mind add tanks job is often full and he may not have time to mark everything.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby econ21 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:24 am

Despite the nerfs, we spent a second raid wiping on Horridon:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tyudzopf9yb14yvv/

We got to the point of reliably getting to door 3, but then got overwhelmed - I guess by the diseases. Should we focus on AOEing the small adds or wearing down the frozen warlords? Icy veins says the latter, but I wanted to check as it seemed to be the small ones that were hurting more. We did not try bloodlust on that door, but it's something on my mind.

I don't know if anyone has any comments on the logs or advice. We tried to follow the strategies in Icy Veins and this thread - for example, stacking on door 3 and slowly kiting to door 4 - so there's a suspicion that it may be a throughput issue rather than an execution one. But in the general forum thread on T15 difficulty, I was assured Horridon was a tactics fight rather than an output one. (The dps warrior was under-geared at 485 as he was someone who stepped in to help us out as we were shorthanded. Initially we tried using 2 healers, but then switched to 3 when the prot warrior logged his priest and the feral druid went tank to replace him.)
econ21

Postby Chronos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:58 am

Door three will feel rough if you dont do it correctly. AOEing the little adds is not possible, you can't stack easily due to frozen orbs/boss charge/random aggro. I think three things will help your group immensely. One, skull mark and focus warlords down one at a time. They hurt the tank, Mortal Strike is hard to heal thru, they drop orbs all over the place and are generally much more difficult to deal with if left up instead of the champions/warriors. Two, if a champion or warrior is chasing you, get away from it. It applies the disease when it melees you. Three, intelligently dispel people who are at high stacks of disease. 1-2 stacks not a big deal especially with three healers.
Chronos

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 am

Chronos wrote:Door three will feel rough if you dont do it correctly. AOEing the little adds is not possible, you can't stack easily due to frozen orbs/boss charge/random aggro. I think three things will help your group immensely. One, skull mark and focus warlords down one at a time. They hurt the tank, Mortal Strike is hard to heal thru, they drop orbs all over the place and are generally much more difficult to deal with if left up instead of the champions/warriors. Two, if a champion or warrior is chasing you, get away from it. It applies the disease when it melees you. Three, intelligently dispel people who are at high stacks of disease. 1-2 stacks not a big deal especially with three healers.

Just to give another point of view: stacking up and AoEing the little adds is completely possible and what my group does on heroic and completely transferrable to normal. We group on the add tank when adds start coming out, when the first frozen warlord drops we burn it while cleaving down the rest of the adds. Each time it casts frozen orb we move as a group about 7-8 yards to the next door. Aoe stuns/snares work on the little adds and can be handy when moving. When the pair of frozen warlords drops down, I target one and focus the other, myself, our feral and the add tank concentrate on those while the rest of the raid aoe down the adds. Every time either of the frozen warlords summons an orb I see the cast and call a move. If I think it will get messy for whatever reason I call for devotion aura.

The warriors have 6-700k hp on normal iirc, so should pretty much melt as soon as a couple of dps look at them.

Anyone who gets targeted by the charge should run to the boss, but that's a general rule for the entire encounter, not just this door.
Rhiannon

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:09 am

we end up stacking on door 3, that means all the adds will go to the same place. we just constantly move to deal with the frozen orbs.
---
Klaudandus

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)