Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Primordius gloves and shield, crafted boots in one evening :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Soloed Been Waiting a Long Time for This on my monk today, finally getting my Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher!

I've literally waited a long time for this, did most of it on my shaman back in the first months of 2010 (when it was current), but as my shaman hasn't been max level since Wrath I couldn't finish it before now. Account-wide achievements helped, but I did do All You Can Eat on the shammy on tuesday.

So happy, it's been nagging me since the raid group fell apart back in april 2010.
Paxen

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Amirya wrote:I'm wanting to find the 450 intellect staff for my remaining 2 casters (monk and warlock), am looking for the Hidden Master staff just because.

everyone looks for that damn staff.. I've found at least 12 of the others.. no sign of that one.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:48 pm

halabar wrote:
Amirya wrote:I'm wanting to find the 450 intellect staff for my remaining 2 casters (monk and warlock), am looking for the Hidden Master staff just because.

everyone looks for that damn staff.. I've found at least 12 of the others.. no sign of that one.

you mean the staff my mage leveled with and i have little use for now?

edit - and just saw the changes to priests on the ptr, might have use of it yet
Last edited by bldavis on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Taxes filed! Whoop whoop!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:46 pm

I've been going to Naxx-10 every week since 5.1 and the T7 boots finally dropped.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Got my all gold challenge mode transmog gear! Though I'm not sure if I'll keep it on... can't find a matching shield that I'm really happy with. Was fun getting it though!
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Nordix » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:30 am

Either grandmarshal shield or toc10m anubarak tankshield.
Nordix

Postby benebarba » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am

Nikachelle wrote:Taxes filed! Whoop whoop!

Same here - and this time we've finally learned our lesson on pay deductions, so next year shouldn't hurt so bad. :P
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 am

been a long while since I got any money back for taxes, but we still file them as early as possible each year.

I think this year as a couple we got like 120 back from state/fed combined. Guess we're doing our deductions right if we neither owe, nor are owed.

Still, I miss the little bonus I used to get around this time of year when I was younger.
Chunes

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 am

For the last... two years (three years?) we've been getting about a grand back. Invis had school credits this year that I was able to absorb (and give me credit) and last year he showed up as my dependent due to lower income. Gives me a huugggge tax break. Prior to that I was paying an additional $100 or so a year once I left school. Nothing major, but like you're saying Chunes, when I was in university I was getting back about 2-3k per year in taxes which was a lovely bonus!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:30 am

Chunes wrote:been a long while since I got any money back for taxes, but we still file them as early as possible each year.

I think this year as a couple we got like 120 back from state/fed combined. Guess we're doing our deductions right if we neither owe, nor are owed.

Still, I miss the little bonus I used to get around this time of year when I was younger.

we've been the opposite for a couple years: basically somehow monkeyed up our deductions (and we changed brackets) and ended up needing to come up with a fat wad of cash.

Ideally, yeah, you'd get nothing back nor owe anything (that way you aren't giving the government an interest free loan, nor taking one out from them, at least if I recall the arguments correctly). Though some come to think of it more like time-shifting their pay (or even as 'free money') and ending up with this big payout of money that would have been theirs in the first place (how tax refund time ends up generating sales, etc.).

so I'd rather be on the end of recieving a small refund than owing, just from a budgeting perspective.
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:38 am

I was really hoping for more back this year since my SO is back in school. Alas, I got a pretty good raise this last year changing jobs so I'm pretty sure I changed brackets.

Oh well. I voted for the guy that's not opposed to raising taxes so I can't bitch about paying them ;)
Chunes

Postby CrimsonEyes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Horridon down.

Fucking finally.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby econ21 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:59 pm

CrimsonEyes wrote:Horridon down.

Gratz! Any tips? My guild just killed Sha today, so we had our first taste of Horridon - he looks hard work. We didn't get past door 2.
econ21

PreviousNext

Return to General