[25N] Horridon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis, frontallobe

Re: [25N] Horridon

Postby Heracles » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 am

Raive wrote:I was wondering how people were handling the priests on the second door.

Is your priority just to focus fire the priests until they're all dead (limiting the number of effusions that spawn).
Or do you burn down effusions when they're up to help manage the aoe dot?
I've been thinking next time we get in there to try it maybe of having 1 or 2 assigned interruptors/burst dps switch to the effusions when they spawn and have the rest stick to the venom priests.

That's pretty much what we did though the other way around. We were pretty melee heavy as had one Rogue, a Monk, a DK, a Ret Paladin, Enhance Shaman and two Warriors, plus a Guardian Druid and either myself or the Warrior helping when we weren't tanking. So 9 interrupters minimum, not including ranged silences on top.

We marked up a skull for the Priest, focused it down then when the Effusions spawned we focused them down as prio over the Priests as they are pretty much made of paper if almost everyone switches. Iirc we left one or two melee on Priests full time for interrupts while we zerged Effusions, then simply mark up the next Priest and off we go again.

Obviously everyone was cleaving/AoEing the crap out of everything so we did get that many Effusions up tbh and like I said, if everyone is jonny on the spot with switching they die VERY quickly.

Again like I said before use a Stormlash rotation and get people to save their DPS CDs for this door for the extra deeps, as blowing them on the first door is a waste it's that easy. Also get organised raid savers set up to mitigate the damage and you should be able to zerg through the phase if everyone actually does their jobs correctly.

For us the whole phase lasted about 1:25 as we went to the next door with two Bloodlords up and about 1:45 or so for all adds to be dead, so the phase really isn't that long.
Heracles

Postby Calleana » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:51 am

As there doesn't seem to be a seperate 10 man thread at the moment I wanted to post some things we found useful for the ten man version here. We did this 2 tanks (paladin + DK), 3 healers (pally, monk and disc priest) and 5 DPS post hotfix.

Firstly we took the boss to the opposite door, this meant that only the current tank and the tank healer had to worry about standing to the side and the charges. We swapped when the boss hit the current door and swapped any remaining adds at this point. Normally there weren't many and the tank on the boss can clear a small add by themselves fairly easily.

We focused on each big add as it came down and cleaved, splash damage into the other adds. Our aim was to get the first of the big adds down before the pair spawned. On the second (venom priest) door we assigned interrupters and found the first one as it was going down very quickly only needed one interrupt. Our monk saved his cooldown to clear after the venomous effusions started popping up and we used a devotion aura to keep the damage under control. We also used the army to help on the second door, saving blood lust for the wargod section. On the final door we assigned a melee to the flamcasters and they interrupted and killed them as they spawned leaving everyone else to focus on the big adds.

In the final stage with just the boss up we tank swapped on 3 stacks and cleared these using BoP and bubble to help the healers out. We counted down each tank swap to avoid tank splats.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Apollya » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Hey All,

Only killed this boss twice now on 25man, was a real struggle till we had an average ilvl of around 500 as a group and had the raid dealing with adds properly

I tank Horridon himself the whole fight with help from HoP. I use 2 macros, since I need another Paladin to HoP me to remove stacks of triple Puncture (I HoP at around 13 Stacks but can go earlier if you want, say after 10).

Personal HoP macro: (Just hit the macro twice as fast as you can and if at all poss better to do when he's doing double swipe and you've moved to the side.

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Hand of Protection
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cast Hand of Protection

Macro for when other Pala HoP's me (i literally call for the HoP and then spam click it till it's done).

Code: Select all
/cancelaura Hand of Protection

Anyway, these are very basic macros but if you didn't have them they make life a lot easier.

I can literally tank Horridon the entire fight using 3-4 HoP's.

Raive wrote:I was wondering how people were handling the priests on the second door.

Is your priority just to focus fire the priests until they're all dead (limiting the number of effusions that spawn).
Or do you burn down effusions when they're up to help manage the aoe dot?
I've been thinking next time we get in there to try it maybe of having 1 or 2 assigned interruptors/burst dps switch to the effusions when they spawn and have the rest stick to the venom priests.

It helps to tell dps to Single target nuke here, and we focus fire down the venom priests to limit the number of effusions. The first venom priest that spawns should be killed off fast without any problems, the the next wave that comes with two it helps to have one to nuke down first, tonight I asked dps to nuke the one that spawns furthest away, ie the one that is closest to the door we'll be going to next, it worked very well with literally no effusions or poison volley on that door.
Apollya

Postby Darielle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm

I just have a macro to cancel HoP, Salv, Parachute, Levitate and all kinds of spells in one button that is like 4-5 years old at this point.
Darielle

Postby Mordral » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Solo tanking Horridon (the boss) as a Paladin is not just a thing, it is pretty much THE WAY if you can pull it off. I have a DS cancel macro but rely on BoP->Freedom while he is doing a double swipe for the rest.

We have a warrior tank (Square) who the raid mostly stacks on starting on the left side of the door moving towards the next door as the fight progresses. This keeps everyone together and largely out of AoE effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8IXkvyKaB4
(OMG I WASTED THE FUCK OUT OF MY COOLDOWNS)
Mordral

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)