Streaming issues

Hardware, software, geek stuff

Moderators: laterna, Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Streaming issues

Postby Worldie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:42 am

Uhm I'm not totally sure of where to put this topic honestly, I put it here for now, might eventually move it.

Anyway, I've been trying to stream my gameplay, sometimes in order to let people out of the raid see the progress and get familiar with tactics, sometimes to have friends watch me play wow/sc2.

I've tried Adobe Media Encoder, but I couldn't really get it to work properly as the stream was horrible quality and often freezing.

I've been pointed to this software called Open Broadcaster Software, which I found very user friendly. I've been playing with the settings, I managed to obtain various ranges of quality, but however I keep getting very annoying freezes every 20 or so seconds.

Anyone more competent than me in streaming can help me figuring out how to eliminate the freezes? I've tried setting all the options to bare minimums, greatly compromising the stream quality, but still it keeps freezing randomly.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Streaming issues

Postby gibborim » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:44 pm

Have you tried setting up on www.twitch.tv ?
gibborim

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:38 pm

That's where i'm streaming it :P

http://it.twitch.tv/worldie
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby gibborim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 am

What kind of freeze? Like, frozen for 2-4 sec, or just a bad frame jag?

I assume you have a computer setup that you reasonable believe should be able to handle this.

Windowed or not? (including fullscreen windowed)

Windows or iOS?

v-sync or not?
gibborim

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:55 am

windows, i play full screen windowed. Not sure about v-syng

For Freeze i mean it's quite clean, then it freezes for 1-3 seconds, then again goes well for 15-20 more seconds, and repeats.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby gibborim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 am

Try combinations of v-sync and full-screen non-windowed.

Is the freeze only in the stream? Or is it WoW too?

Do you have independent observers telling you your stream is freezing?
gibborim

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Only in the stream , wow runs at 100+ FPS without any issue.

External viewers also experience the same things.

I suspect it's just my net not handling it...

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby gibborim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Yea, it seems like some people just have arbitrarily unsolvable routing problems on twitch.
gibborim

Return to Tech Stuff