Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

Lots of TBC era raid pets being added in 5.3
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 pm

I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 pm

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 pm

All of my wants.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Newsom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 am

Nikachelle wrote:I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.


Welcome to the club! :D
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Invisusira » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:21 am

oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:21 am

Newsom wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.


Welcome to the club! :D

I blame Invis. He's been doing this since launch and even though it's taken me months... I'm totally sucked in now.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 am

Invisusira wrote:oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown


Transfer an alt to a RPPvP realm, experience no CRZ funsies.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 am

Flex wrote:
Invisusira wrote:oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown


Transfer an alt to a RPPvP realm, experience no CRZ funsies.

FGS, don't give him ideas. He's already started buying up pets on Ebay!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 am

5.3 removes the same level base miss/dodge chance. Reduces the miss chance against higher levels from 5% to 2%.
Abilities will show their hit chance in the tooltips
Beast of Fables daily will be split into 3 quests
Beast of Fables elite pets made more difficult
Battle Pet ability load out will be saved when swapping them in and out of slots
All Spirit and Fable pets will reward Lesser Charms and XP
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Jabari » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am

Ah, that's a fairly nice set of changes. It'll definitely be nice to know the actual miss chance of stuff like Moth Dust etc.

Guaranteed Lesser Charms will be nice, though I wonder if on the Fable ones it's only the first time each day. Otherwise, it might be really easy to get 90 Lessers in about 30 minutes just hitting the same one over and over.

Personal pet stuff: Farming the Spirit Tamers each day - all four of them. Only gotten one pet from the bags so far - seems like quite a low drop rate.

Picked up a couple of harder-to-get pets last couple days, too: Twilight Fiendling, Tiny Bog Beast, Molten Hatchling.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am

The Spirit tamers are the ones that drop the red pandas right? We actually thought the drop rate was quite high since Invis got all of them for himself and then managed to give me all three of the ones he can trade to me after he collected his.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:25 am

Nikachelle wrote:The Spirit tamers are the ones that drop the red pandas right? We actually thought the drop rate was quite high since Invis got all of them for himself and then managed to give me all three of the ones he can trade to me after he collected his.


Those are the Fable pets. Spirit Tamers are the Earth, Air, Water, Fire elementals like in the Panderan starting zone that drop small versions of themselves.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 am

Aha. My mistake!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Invisusira » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 am

Yeah, the Spirit tamers have a pretty low drop rate for their pets, around 10% iirc.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?