Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

Lots of TBC era raid pets being added in 5.3
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 pm

I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 pm

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 pm

All of my wants.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Newsom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 am

Nikachelle wrote:I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.

Welcome to the club! :D
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Invisusira » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:21 am

oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:21 am

Newsom wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.

Welcome to the club! :D

I blame Invis. He's been doing this since launch and even though it's taken me months... I'm totally sucked in now.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 am

Invisusira wrote:oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown

Transfer an alt to a RPPvP realm, experience no CRZ funsies.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 am

Flex wrote:
Invisusira wrote:oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown

Transfer an alt to a RPPvP realm, experience no CRZ funsies.

FGS, don't give him ideas. He's already started buying up pets on Ebay!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 am

5.3 removes the same level base miss/dodge chance. Reduces the miss chance against higher levels from 5% to 2%.
Abilities will show their hit chance in the tooltips
Beast of Fables daily will be split into 3 quests
Beast of Fables elite pets made more difficult
Battle Pet ability load out will be saved when swapping them in and out of slots
All Spirit and Fable pets will reward Lesser Charms and XP
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am

Ah, that's a fairly nice set of changes. It'll definitely be nice to know the actual miss chance of stuff like Moth Dust etc.

Guaranteed Lesser Charms will be nice, though I wonder if on the Fable ones it's only the first time each day. Otherwise, it might be really easy to get 90 Lessers in about 30 minutes just hitting the same one over and over.

Personal pet stuff: Farming the Spirit Tamers each day - all four of them. Only gotten one pet from the bags so far - seems like quite a low drop rate.

Picked up a couple of harder-to-get pets last couple days, too: Twilight Fiendling, Tiny Bog Beast, Molten Hatchling.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am

The Spirit tamers are the ones that drop the red pandas right? We actually thought the drop rate was quite high since Invis got all of them for himself and then managed to give me all three of the ones he can trade to me after he collected his.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:25 am

Nikachelle wrote:The Spirit tamers are the ones that drop the red pandas right? We actually thought the drop rate was quite high since Invis got all of them for himself and then managed to give me all three of the ones he can trade to me after he collected his.

Those are the Fable pets. Spirit Tamers are the Earth, Air, Water, Fire elementals like in the Panderan starting zone that drop small versions of themselves.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 am

Aha. My mistake!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 am

Yeah, the Spirit tamers have a pretty low drop rate for their pets, around 10% iirc.
Invisusira

PreviousNext

Return to General