[10N] Ji'Kun

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Ji'Kun

Postby Lumenactio » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:17 am

Curious how groups are doing this?

We had our first night on him tonight, and it felt really off.

We tried 2 healing and 3 healing. Platform team is currently hunter/hunter/resto druid.

Do you guys deal with the double spawn platforms at 9 and 10? Are you pulling dps to burn if so at what platform/boss health percent?

Do you go out of your way to intercept feed while flying?

Trying to sort what was causing the problems.
Lumenactio

Re: [10N] Ji'Kun

Postby Xfighter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Do you guys deal with the double spawn platforms at 9 and 10? Are you pulling dps to burn if so at what platform/boss health percent?

-Not sure what you mean by double spawn platforms at 9 & 10, do you mean platform 9 and 10 or 9 and 10 mins into the fight? Our first kill we ended up sending Warlock/Ret/Holy priest in the first complete set of platforms, and then they took the same three plus a rogue as they mentioned they were falling behind on the second set of platforms. On the kill we just had them stay down once they completed this second set of platforms. Boss was 15-30% at the time, not overly sure which, as they said the 3rd round of platforms just ended up getting them further and further behind anyways.

Now I call for the platform people to finish their current platform and head to the main one to burn boss around 20% HP - regardless of what platform in their order they are currently at.

Do you go out of your way to intercept feed while flying?

-As far as I'm aware, our DPS don't go out of their way to get it. Think they mainly grab it when they can, otherwise they don't stress too much over them. On normal at least, as long as your platform group can clean up each platform before the juv's spawn, you should be well on your way to a kill as then at that point it's just on keeping the main platform alive and doing as much damage as they can.

-Also, all of our kills have been 2-healed, although I could see it doable with a disc as a third, though at that point i'd imagine a bit more effort may be needed towards grabbing the feed buffs. Honestly 2 should be fine, because the main platform comes down to tanks swapping properly, and people avoiding the pools if they don't have some sort of damage CD to eat the pool with. Healing becomes an issue when tanks get to higher stacks alongside a DPS deciding to eat a full pool+dot without any reduction up for it.
Xfighter

Postby Bemxuu » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Try doing it in 2 groups with groups alternating when there's a single platform activation and going on different platforms for double activation, if it's too difficult to do in one group. That's tricky and might require better coordination of raid cooldowns on main platform, but this way you can avoid that dps check for burning double spawns with one group.

There's a window between spawn cycles and that's where you should burn the boss down.

Intercepting food is not necessary in normal mode, but if you don't, you might need to soak some slime to have enough room (narrow path is enough) for down draft.
Bemxuu

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:31 am

Xfighter wrote:Do you guys deal with the double spawn platforms at 9 and 10? Are you pulling dps to burn if so at what platform/boss health percent?

-Not sure what you mean by double spawn platforms at 9 & 10, do you mean platform 9 and 10 or 9 and 10 mins into the fight? Our first kill we ended up sending Warlock/Ret/Holy priest in the first complete set of platforms, and then they took the same three plus a rogue as they mentioned they were falling behind on the second set of platforms. On the kill we just had them stay down once they completed this second set of platforms. Boss was 15-30% at the time, not overly sure which, as they said the 3rd round of platforms just ended up getting them further and further behind anyways.

Now I call for the platform people to finish their current platform and head to the main one to burn boss around 20% HP - regardless of what platform in their order they are currently at.

The first double seems to come after the second set of lower platforms, so you do 3 lower, 3 upper, 3 lower and then one of each activates. We had the boss under 40% by that point, and go into full burn on the main platform by 30%; the platform group has been going to 1 platform on the double set and leaving the other, because we didn't do anything to plan for it. With a only a little more gear we'll probably be burning the boss (and so ignoring platforms) by the time the doubles start anyway. It hasn't seemed to be a big issue so long as we weren't getting behind on the first upper set.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Winkle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 am

Platforms 9 and 10 activate simultanesouly. On normal you can effectively safely ignore one as the boss will be low on hp and you can blow hero and kill once one platform is cleared.

The alternative strategy is to have 2 nest teams. Team 1 does platform 1 and 3-9, team 2 do platform 2 and then platform 10.

Since team 2 is only doing 2 platforms they should look to use their spare feathers to keep the food buff on themselves for higher dps on the boss.
Winkle

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 am

Okay, I actually wasn't sure if it was 2 lower or 3 before the double. Guess it's 2. Either way, seems like you should be close to burn phase by then and don't necessarily need to deal with both.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby lakhesis » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm curious if anyone's tried solo tanking this.

Had my bear co-tank die at about 50% & ended up tanking for about 3 minutes (7 stacks) today. The 6th stack hit me for about 500k through nothing but SotR, but layering SotR+GotAK on the 7th was only ~200k so realistically you could take it to at least 9 stacks by layering SotR + a personal CD, and probably even more with the right trinkets or external CDs.

Plus I suspect you'd probably be able to drop the debuff stacks once while solo-tanking it, so depending on DPS wouldn't even need to handle as many as 9 stacks.

Bubble doesn't remove the talon rake stacks, but I'm guessing that it would prevent the application of a stack(?).

It generally takes 2 stacks worth of time to let your current stack drop, so if you bubble-taunted to prevent the application of a stack prior to Quills, and then deliberately dropped out of melee during Quills and let a pet (hunter pet, warlock demon, shaman ele, dk risen ally, whatever) eat the one that immediately followed, you could reset your stacks once. Even if you didn't have a pet class, a plate melee or druid/monk could probably CD through one rake ok.

So... has anyone tried it?

If anyone's interested, this was the sequence damage-wise. First 6 rakes are nothing but SotR, 7th is SotR+GotAK (boss was about to die so I played it safe.. still had AD anyway)

[22:55:24.762] Lakhesís afflicted by Talon Rake from Ji-Kun
[22:55:24.762] Ji-Kun Talon Rake Lakhesís 97290 (A: 37799)
[22:55:46.498] Lakhesís afflicted by Talon Rake (2) from Ji-Kun
[22:55:46.498] Ji-Kun Talon Rake Lakhesís 132510 (A: 92708)
[22:56:08.257] Lakhesís afflicted by Talon Rake (3) from Ji-Kun
[22:56:08.257] Ji-Kun Talon Rake Lakhesís 241985 (A: 44498)
[22:56:43.333] Lakhesís afflicted by Talon Rake (4) from Ji-Kun
[22:56:43.337] Ji-Kun Talon Rake Lakhesís 239283 (A: 119106)
[22:57:06.216] Lakhesís afflicted by Talon Rake (5) from Ji-Kun
[22:57:06.254] Ji-Kun Talon Rake Lakhesís 394449 (A: 3830)
[22:57:27.969] Lakhesís afflicted by Talon Rake (6) from Ji-Kun
[22:57:27.969] Ji-Kun Talon Rake Lakhesís 544301 (A: 4387)
[22:57:49.706] Lakhesís afflicted by Talon Rake (7) from Ji-Kun
[22:57:49.715] Ji-Kun Talon Rake Lakhesís 206934 (A: 86490)

That's with a haste build using only 13.07% mastery on gear, but I do have 4pc T14 equipped still.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Darielle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm 99% sure that Bubble won't prevent the application of the debuff. But you could definitely have pets, people with survival cooldowns eat it during/after Quills and Down Draft.
Darielle

Postby Winkle » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 am

Bubble doesn't remove it. Obviously bubbling before its application would mean he simply talon raked someone else.

Pets can take it, actually it works quite reliably on down draft.
Winkle

Postby Calleana » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:37 am

We found that 1 DPS + healer could clear the bottom platform alone so we split the 'nest' team into 2 mini teams:

Nest 1 + 2: 1 DPS plus healer
Nest 3 : 3 DPS plus healer (so all can get feathers)
Nest 4 until doubles all of team
Doubles: 1 DPS plus healer lower nests & 2 DPS to upper nests

I hope that helps as we managed to kill it on a few pulls.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)