Remove Advertisements

please help me heal my tank

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: please help me heal my tank

Postby Zothor » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:41 am

Kerriodos wrote:Pretty much. 18% ShoR uptime is abysmal. 5.4% SS is actually mindbogglingly low. Holy Avenger, well, sometimes you hold it back for a dangerous moment, but yeah, it's a concern. Send her to Basic Training, basically.

I don't mean to pile on, but I think the best thing you can do for your tank his send him here and to Sacred Duty. Especially with regards to learning to keep Sacred Shield up, I recommend Theck's WeakAura strings (available at Sacred Duty); they add a HUD of cooldowns, timers, and an obnoxious bouncing icon when you're dropping SS or weakened blows. Active mitigation is drastically more complicated than the tanking rotations of old.... just as fights are now tuned around the expectation that most raiders use a boss timer like DBM or Big Wigs, AM is designed around the idea that players will use tools to use it precisely.
Zothor

Postby Alrinea » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:23 pm

besides the playstyle advice above, there are some obvious errors with his gear choices. for example he is not running the PvE meta (austere) and reforging for avoidance while socketing hit/expertise. i'm not entirely sure what the prefered gearing strategy for inexperienced tanks is at the moment, but picking either would probably yield better result than doing a bit of both control and avoidance.
Alrinea

Postby marklar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Shahei wrote:Yeah, because you have to fight with the ele-shamy and the other tank in your raid, so that you will have 100% uptime on WB. *facepalm* Check the logs better please. :) I'm still struggling with using HoR too often, wich is a minor DPS-loss. :(

EDIT: Further checking the logs... I have zero idea what you meant with this. o_O But whatever...

yeah, i'm confused a bit by your response as well. what i was saying is weakened blows uptime (buffs cast) was much lower for our tank than for yours. we don't have an elemental shaman (facepalm?), so it's only the other tank that would override, and it's only the last couple minutes of the fight where they're on the same target. imo, WB should be considered mandatory at least on horridon, warlords and bears.

=============
Shahei wrote:So the answer for your question? You can't keep he up, because he is playing badly. You can dislike me for saying this, but it is the truth. He might have been a extremely good tank before, but he has a lot to learn about the new AM.

why would i dislike you? this is exactly the kind of feedback that i'm looking for. what i mean about being a good tank is being good at mechanics, picking up adds, etc. however, keeping him alive has been a bit tough this expansion. if we can help him with the AM part, we'll be in good shape going forward.
marklar

Postby Schroom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:30 am

Kai wrote: He should macro /cancelaura hand of protection into for example crusader strike.

you really don't need that, if you want to reset a debuff on a tank with BoP just cast BoP on him and Hand of Freedom instantly after this giving him BoP.

mind:
Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time.
Schroom

Postby marklar » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am

thanks to everyone who contributed. tonight was so much easier...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k4h55ihnj9hog1gt/details/2/?s=3092&e=3735
marklar

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice