Remove Advertisements

Trinkets?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Trinkets?

Postby Overan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:09 am

Ok thanks alot ill go for one mastery and one stam trinket and see how it works out for me
Overan

Postby Treck » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:00 am

Promdates wrote:I find for the majority of the fights in ToT I'm using 2x Haste trinkets. Both the Lei Shen and Spark of Zandalar. I'm also using stamina gems right now, but that's mostly because I'm doing 25m content and would prefer to have higher HP pool. I did manage to break 1M health on Twin Consorts without a stam trinket...

If you are using haste trinkets but sta gems i seriously hope you are just using the haste trinkets on easy/farm bosses, and dont wanna have to regem all your gear depending on what you are doing, cause otherwise you are wasting a whole lot of stats rather than using haste gems with sta trinkets.
I do that myself cause i want to be geared for the hard fights, and then i just slap on some haste trinkets on the easy bosses i dont care about (like lfr/5mans).
Also uou are only reaching 1M hp with the ox buff on twins, unless you have 540avg ilvl
Treck

Postby Volitaire » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 am

Heroic Horridon forced me into double stam trinkets and that will likely be what I am continuing to use on most HM fights for a while. But like said above moving to haste trinkets for normals.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Promdates » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Treck wrote:If you are using haste trinkets but sta gems i seriously hope you are just using the haste trinkets on easy/farm bosses, and dont wanna have to regem all your gear depending on what you are doing, cause otherwise you are wasting a whole lot of stats rather than using haste gems with sta trinkets.
I do that myself cause i want to be geared for the hard fights, and then i just slap on some haste trinkets on the easy bosses i dont care about (like lfr/5mans).
Also uou are only reaching 1M hp with the ox buff on twins, unless you have 540avg ilvl

I normally use haste trinkets up through Ji-Kun, then switch to stamina. I had 517 ilvl and reached 1,202,743 without stam trinkets.
Promdates

Postby Treck » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:41 am

If you are "normally" using sta gems and haste trinkets, you are loosing a lot of stats for no reason.
You would get more points using haste gems and stamina trinkets, pretty sure you would be at about the same hp, but just gain a lot of haste.

Sure you can reach +1mill hp with the ox active (+50% hp)
Treck

Postby pvita » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:56 am

Fenrìr wrote:I'm really not too keen on the mastery / dodge on use trinket avail at friendly. I'm probably just gonna pick up the exp / str on proc one.

My thoughts. I can always reforge Expertise if needed to Haste and Strength buff gives Parry, a bit boost to attack power and thus to Sacred Shield.
pvita

Postby lifeonmars » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 am

I have no intention of using anything other than stam trinkets.

Right now I have a double upgraded Jade Warlord Figurine and the Shado-pan valor version of the same trinket. The only upgrade I see that's viable this tier is a version of the Soul Barrier.

Barring some absolutely amazing proc/on-use, which I'm not at all seeing in the current batch of secondary trinkets, it simply isn't worth the stat inefficiency of going w/ secondaries at a 1:1 ratio, when gemming gives you 3:2.

Unless you are already gemming full secondaries and want even more, there is zero logic in not using double stam at the moment, because the moment you put even a half stam gem into your gear, you would need a secondary trinket of about 2400 stats or a totally amazing proc/use for that to make any sense.
lifeonmars

Postby Fetzie » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:02 am

I can see the logic in using the Council "last stand" trinket for some burst events.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:11 am

/sigh...

So I was keeping the [Ghost Iron Dragonling] around until the [Spark of Zandalar] would drop. using the Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (reforged to Haste) as my second trinket, and with Soul Barrier and Ji-Kun’s Rising Winds (also reforged to Haste) sitting in my bags.

Three months later and I'm still waiting for the spark to drop... In the meantime I can't simply swap in the Soul Barrier as both my trinkets contain Expertise on them, requiring me to reforge around constantly.

/mutters something about drop chances...
ImageImage
Thels

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:04 pm

I've had a thunderforged Fortitude of the Zandalari and a tf.Spark drop, so I've been running those (mastery on Fortitude reforged to haste). Anyone have suggestions for anything better?

We've not seen the Rising Winds yet, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth picking up a heroic one should it drop just because of sheer item level. Although now that I think about it I don't know what I would do with all that expertise; all my red sockets are already stuffed with Wicked (xpt/haste) hybrids.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:48 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I've had a thunderforged Fortitude of the Zandalari and a tf.Spark drop, so I've been running those (mastery on Fortitude reforged to haste). Anyone have suggestions for anything better?

We've not seen the Rising Winds yet, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth picking up a heroic one should it drop just because of sheer item level. Although now that I think about it I don't know what I would do with all that expertise; all my red sockets are already stuffed with Wicked (xpt/haste) hybrids.

A heroic thunderforged 2/2 upgraded Feather of Ji'kun has an insane uptime as a haste stacking paladin tank.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice