[10N] horridon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] horridon

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 pm

better success with door 3, but we have no hunters nor dks... and our warlords seem to be taking a bit forever to die...

also... i'm the 2nd highest dps during the fight... with 78k dps
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm

You focussing down one warlord of the pair? Better to have one of the pair completely dead asap than having one at 30% and one at 60% when the dinomancer spawns. Also better to finish off the low one before switching to the dinomancer, as long as you can get someone to interrupt the dinomancer's heal.

If your dps have issues finding the right targets and/or whoever's setting the kill target is sometimes a bit slow on marking up the focus target, you can mark up some mobs before the pull - I'd mark up the right-most (is that even a word?) of each pair of "special" mobs (ie the right wastewalker/venom priest/frozen thingy/warbear).
Rhiannon

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:22 am

Have you got a log by any chance? I know that our hurdle on door 3 was keeping our tank up, which we got out of by, like Rhia mentionned, focus firing the warlords.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Schroom » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:32 am

on Door 3 our key was to focus the small adds until the dinomancer spawned, then focus Target him and nurke him down with hero, clean the rest with the hero thatßs still running. the Add tank goes kiten the orbspawners away from the camp (back to door 2 in example) sometimes it happend to me on door 3 that I got an add on myself, you cna stunn them tho und restrai from doing AE damage, call out and have your partner taunt off.

if the add is still on you when the Boss charges, use Hand of salvation while your aprtner taunts of, keep your eyes on the castbar of the Boss and cancel the Hand shortly before he finishes his charge. needs some goot timing, but worked great in my case. my DPS wihtout solo tanking was >150k btw on our farmrun 2 days ago ^^ (on door 2 wait until the dinomancer spawns, your vengeance should by high as f*** now. Wings+HA+LH -> to the ground!)
Schroom

Postby Hrobertgar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:15 pm

We beat Horridon tonight, Yay!

We wound up using the strat mentioned earlier in the thread and having me (Pally Tank) hold Horridon for all four doors. We used HoP, DivShld to clear stacks. I found that as long as I kept track of Boss' Triple Strike timer and my HoPo I could reliably have my block (SotR, Shield of the Righteous) for EVERY one, except sometimes when coming off a door or when moving a big distance between doors. I have like 55% physical reduction with SotR so I can take about 10 stacks before the healers start feeling it. I was also running Seal of Insight and keeping Sacred Shield up. This actually allowed me to clear stacks with HoP like every door and a half, saving some HoPs for final phase. For most of the doors, the ranged/heals would sortof stack like halfway between boss/melee. After 4th door was down I kited boss to center and once those adds were down the other tank pulled off me and I picked up the god-add and saved GanK till he was at like 40%. When he went down, I had only like 25 secs on my stacks, so waited till they dropped to pick up the boss. That allowed us to taunt swap and HoP clear a couple times in the final phase. We killed a few secs prior to enrage.

As far as the doors, we had been switching at every door. When we did that, we had the tank coming off the boss immediately start taunting high health adds once the boss hit the door, and the other tank taunt the boss. It worked reasonably well. Sometimes as the add tank I had an issue picking up adds, unless the dps/heals were stacked on me (once I have a fair amount of vengeance its pretty decent mostly). For the second door I would try to help with dispels and use Hand of Purity on myself or often the other tank to help cutdown on dmg. Mostly though I am focused on getting my SotR off for each Triple Strike to minimize my own dmg. For the third door, most dps blew several CDs to nuke the orb adds down as that door seems to be the most problematic. For the 3rd door, its a disease so again I could cleanse it sometimes when ppl were in range and I had enough HoPo that I could spare a spot in my rotation.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Magnilda » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:18 am

Because of some of the issues with adds and battle healer threat we decided it was just easier to have myself the Paladin tank on the adds and we would just throw a HoP on our DK tank when Horridon was hitting is face against a door. Once the 4th door was shut and all the adds were down I taunted the boss and the DK took the War God.
Magnilda

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:21 am

I think it was said earlier in this thread but turning off Righteous Fury after you've gotten initial threat on Horridon does help a ton in terms of threat from battle healer.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm

still it cant clear 3rd door properly.
---
Klaudandus

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:40 pm

We struggled with this a bit the first week. We would get to this door then every thing would go to absolute shit. We tried focusing the big mobs down as quickly as possible, but they were dying too slowly and raid damage was too much to handle.

We completely changed our approach -- specifically to cut down incidental damage caused by the untankable mobs. We stack the raid so all the random shits can be in the ball getting cleaved down, and focus the two smaller types of adds down as quickly as possible. Every time a frozen orb comes out the raidpile moves a bit down the wall, but stays together.

It wasn't unusual for all 3 big adds to still be up when the dino was face ramming the door, and dps had to bust their asses a bit to catch up.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 am

Yeah stacking on third door is generally a good idea, the warriors have hardly any hp so if you're just having an aoe fest they'll melt anyway. On our heroic tries we've just about managed to finish off the first frozen warlord when the second pair drop, so I've focused up one and targeted the other so I can see when any frozen orbs are cast and call for the stack to move a bit when that happens. With a frost mage using frozen orb having that bit of pre-warning is nice rather than waiting around to see if that blue orb graphic is trying to kill us or not. As that's the only dangerous thing they do, you're free to kill off the diseasing mobs while waiting for the dino.
Rhiannon

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:41 am

Ok, Door 3 clear, and Door 4 clear, but we're still getting killed shortly after jalak jumps into the fray.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:52 am

That's odd. Let me guess - totems to the face + Jalak's scream?

Don't forget - your guys DON'T have to click the orb ASAP. You can take a bit of time there to clean stuff up, get rid of warbears and shamans and steer clear of totems. As soon as Jalak comes in, this is going to be the biggest burst moment in the fight - he's really deadly if you leave him up.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:53 am

Sagara wrote:That's odd. Let me guess - totems to the face + Jalak's scream?

Don't forget - your guys DON'T have to click the orb ASAP. You can take a bit of time there to clean stuff up, get rid of warbears and shamans and steer clear of totems. As soon as Jalak comes in, this is going to be the biggest burst moment in the fight - he's really deadly if you leave him up.

All the adds were dead by the time Jalak jumped in.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Winkle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:09 am

If the raid died use raid cds for each dire call.
If the tanks died make sure CDs are up for the last phase continuously.
Winkle

Postby Invisusira » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:32 am

What, exactly, killed you? Would be useful information if you're looking for suggestions.

Biggest challenge of that last phase is the massive incoming damage to the tanks; make sure cooldowns are up and heals are spammed.
Invisusira

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)