Remove Advertisements

An Idiot Reinstalled. Part 1 Mulgore.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

An Idiot Reinstalled. Part 1 Mulgore.

Postby Barathorn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 am

48 Hours ago.....

Mulgore.....

After a discussion with a group of old 'friends'.....

Stupidly I agreed..... Yeah. About that.

Starting area - Cowsville.

Hmmm, so those Quillboar are back AGAIN yeah just like I am? /humms that Slim Shady song. Yeah better do something about that. Oh Wait. What the hell is this? Crusader Strike? Where is auto attack? Hmmm. Why haven't I got a shield and why am I wielding an oversized toffee hammer? Ok lets just hit stuff, no blessings yet so just me and you Devotion Aura. Hmmm. Ok just me and you Toffee Hammer.

Ok Quillboar, have it. And you, and your mate, and your battle boar, and now you the leader. Yeah things are the same right, how different can it be. Kill some stuff, level up, get to level 10, get some talents.

Spirits spoken to - check
Gnolls dead - check
Harpies dead - check
Goblin Miners dead - check
Kyle fed - AGAIN - check

Wait.

Specialization? Erm. /thinks quickly. Ok so I want to tank so I pick shieldytimes! That has to be right, right? Wrong. Stupid Tauren, /scratches arse again. Still annoying as ever .

Ok Shieldytimes. Yeah, kinda need a shield. Bit silly that. Oh well Horde side auction house, going to be dear but I sold some copper bar for 20g so its all good.

LACK OF ARMOUR AND WEAPONS ON HIGH POP HORDE SERVER MAKES ME A SAD PANDA.

Speaking of which, seriously? Panda's? What's next Pokemon hahahaha?

A few facedesks/scowls/rants/rollseyes later....

Ok so WSG, you used to be the man at this, run the flag, get some honour, get some nice blues. Yeah, about that. Those alliance hunters have full hierlooms. They are also accompanied now by monks that appear to be throwing tyres at you. Big tyres that REALLY hurt. /scratches arse. Really? With the tyres and arrows you do that now?

So those Hierlooms, you know the ones you don't have? You don't have them because your friends said, lets go clean, lets start afresh, lets get THE MAGIC BACK. Yeah thats why you are getting owned. And because you are old. And shit at this game now. You didn't even know about the pokemon. Or the Panda's. Old old old old old. /sigh. /scratches arse. GRRR.

Ok, Northern Barrens next? Northern? What is there some sort of divide now /laughs, /smartarse smile.

Oh.....

To be continued.

Next - The Barrens and finding a sodding shield.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: An Idiot Reinstalled. Part 1 Mulgore.

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:20 am

*gets popcorn going for the next episode of "Bara Levels"*

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby ulushnar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Please tell me you called yourself "Barahorn".
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 pm

ulushnar wrote:"Barahorn"

Invisusira

Postby Barathorn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 am

ulushnar wrote:Please tell me you called yourself "Barahorn".

DOH.

Stupid brain is stupid.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby ulushnar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:42 am

You'll just need to start again.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:50 am

ulushnar wrote:You'll just need to start again.

Yeah :( I kinda realised that. Or pay for a name change.

Barathorn

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:01 am

Ugh, -983748 internet points for being a cow.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:32 am

Fenrìr wrote:Ugh, -983748 internet points for being a cow.

-983749 life points for being you?

/smirks.

Call it even.

Barathorn

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 am

Ahhhhaha! I love Barahorn!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:01 am

Nikachelle wrote:Ahhhhaha! I love Barahorn!

This sounds soooooo wrong.

Barathorn

Postby Barathorn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 am

Part 2 - Northern Barrens.

It is a bit quiet in honesty? None of the Barrens chatter of old about my mum and various objects makes it feel alien and detached to me, not what I expected at all. I also seem to be getting skills as I level now, I don't even go to the trainer for them, I just get them and they fly down to my bar is a cascade of neon rainbow scribbly, it just makes me think of Nikachoosira. Feels very odd, both the skills and it reminding me of those 2 individuals. I don't mind the 'instant' skills but it feels so 'easy' that it annoys me a little. /scratches arse. That is going to get old.

So quest wise not much changes, it is the Barrens, our rite of passage! Kill quillboar, kill raptors, kill various centaurs, kill stuff. The one thing I notice is that you can comfortably AoE tank stuff 4+ Mobs at a time but that my only AoE attack is War Stomp, a racial ability. Its pretty boring with 3 buttons to use for 10 levels. Stick with it I tell myself. It gets better right? Hmmm. Yeah about that.

Still a bit sore from WSG but I manage to get the 4 items for honour at level 18, makes a huge difference to the speed I kill stuff at. Knaughty is right, level as Retribution or at least wear Retribution gear to up your painfully slow kill rate. /scratches arse. At least the AH is busy right? /flatline. Where is everyone? Have I stumbled into a bizarre negative inversion caused by some sort of Razor Hill incident?

Why do I ocassionally see people from other realms in the capitals? Has something happened I know nothing about, some sort of WOW merge where everyone plays on one server? I mean I picked a high pop server with a large horde prescence, where is everyone? /feels lonely. It must be Razor Hill right?

I got a sodding shield at last from Wailing Caverns [/shudders], an instance that I hate with a passion. It is however a turtle shell, so now I get my friends smirking over vent and I can imagine the whispers in the capitals, if anyone was actually there,

"Look at that guy, the one with the turtle shell, so 2007, must be from Middlesborough".

/sigh.

So level 20. Riding. Yay.

Go to the Orgrimmer Riding Trainer. Nada. Consult the oracle of all knowledge [my wife] and am informed I need to go to Bloodhoof Village. Fly to Bloodhoof. Nada. Ahhhh I remember now, I need to get it from the Paladin trainer! Back to Thunder Bluff! Nada but I do get a quest to go to Orgrimmer, this must be it right? Nope, this is my get yourself a blue weapon quest. Seriously WTF?

The soul destroying numbing realisation then hits me. Feck. Open my mount tab, click on one of my cross account 56 mounts [really?] and climb aboard.

Fecking instant skills. /scratches arse.

To be continued.

Barathorn

Postby ulushnar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:12 am

To be fair, only Paladins and Warlocks get free riding at 20 (and 40 iirc). Holdover from out class mounts.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:15 am

And on another note, how pissed off was I when I realised they'd replaced my Paladin charger with a fucking Elekk?! Half the reason I went Paladin was to play a Draenei who didn't ride one of the bloody things.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:22 pm

im just glad my dwarf didnt get his charger changed

as for why they changed it, i can see the reasoning behind but still i fucking HATE elekks, there is a reason my shaman and warrior both got tabards asap and got other race's mounts

oh and lore reason - they didnt have horses on the exodar or on draenor (at least until the alliance army came) so how would the draenei paladins get chargers?
belfs have their version of the charger, sunwalkers have kodos, only humans and dwarfs have chargers and that is due to humans and dwarves being both members of the order of the silver hand, and have used horses as mounts for as long as they had split from being mere priests and became paladins

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents